TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

Saturnine? And what, you're not able to mimic someone's art style even slightly?

Previously Important
    What?

Saturnine is the guy who did the cutscene artwork (among other things). The prototypes are mine.

And while any decent artist can mimic things, why would you bother? That totally defeats the purpose of art.

Lady Taffer?

Thou art a freak! I like that.

P.S. GBM, your art is fantastic. Picture B reminds me of someone I know.

Ohhh, ok, GBM. . I thought it was you that did the cutscene work, so it's Saturnine that's not flexible. .
    While it's true that having your own art style is important, it's also important to observe and absorb other peoples' art styles as well. You never know when you might find something you like and decide to incorporate it into your own style. Another way being able to mimic other styles is handy is when a bunch of people are working on an animated project and need to draw the characters in the style that's given to them to stay on model.
    And I don't think it's particularly good to limit yourself strictly to just one style, but that's just my opinion.

Keep in mind that back in the day, Saturn was responsible for the pioneering of new techniques in Dromed. He's pretty damn good himself.

I think that GBM just meant that one of the beauties of art is the appreciation of different styles and interpretations.

Previously Important
    Actually, I meant more along the lines of Mimicry : Artist :: Karaoke : Musician.

Heh. I see what you're saying. Maybe mimic was the wrong word. Probably "approximate" is more appropriate. .like, you decide you really like a certain element of a certain artist's style so you encorporate that into your own, not do a carbon copy of their work. (But that is also good to know, too, if you're doing an animation project like I said. .)

I get where you are coming from Lady, but these are people of pretty high calibre. Seeing GBM's work, I wish it was more faithful to his stuff too, but as I am no artist, I thought Saturn's work was pretty much equally brilliant.

I thought Saturn's work was pretty much equally brilliant.
    Are there any examples of Saturn's art not from T2X?

Lady Taffer, whoooooooa! Ahahahahahahahah I love you. I seriously, seriously do.

Well, Clockwork, what can I say. . . My brain is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer
    DAMN, those prototypes are awesome! Now why didn't they use one of those?? Why'd they have to make her face so bland and boring in the game??
    She must have been Egypt-based, since in the first briefing art they've got the freaking pyramids in the background and Zaya's all decked out in ankhs and scarab beetle brooches, which are quintessential symbols of Egypt. Also in the briefing art, they show temples with paintings that are practically exact copies of paintings you'd find on the walls in Egyptian burial tombs.

Ominous cowl, .. .you asked for it.

I would like to state for the record that this picture was entirely my friend Steve's idea, therefore it is all HIS fault!
    gad, it scares me. . *shudder*
    So he's naked under his cowl? Now that's ominous.

Hey, how do we really know if he's wearing clothes underneath that cloak or not?
    . . .well, except for in Thief 3 where he's not even wearing a cloak. . bah. . .spoilsports.

Hey, how do we really know if he's wearing clothes underneath that cloak or not?
    . . .well, except for in Thief 3 where he's not even wearing a cloak. . bah. . .spoilsports.
    But he could easily steal Bafford's underwear. Or grab a zombie's pants.

But zombies don't wear pants! That would mean he'd have to steal a zombie's skin . . .and wear it as pants. . . .ewww. . .

But zombies don't wear pants!
    Most certainly!

4chan 1 humanity 0

*Pets Lady Taffer's brain lovingly* Don't you ever let it go normal!

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Mifune
    *Pets Lady Taffer's brain lovingly* Don't you ever let it go normal!
    Amen to that Love your brain!
    Hehe......poor Link.

Your comic was cute.
    You have evil thoughts....that last pannel....hehe....

I adore your cute/ crude art.
    Do more!

Anakara, you've been on quite a Mechanist kick for some time now . It's so nice to see the gear-gushers get artwork!

It's nice to see anything in Thief get artwork, really.

I'm just really surprised that the vast majority of fanart isn't Viktoria related O_o.

You have evil thoughts....that last pannel....hehe....
    My brain is a filthy liar! I DO NOT want to see Garrett and Artem--er.. . no,no.. .must stop thinking about that . .. must stop. . .
    ok, I think Artemus has a thing for Garrett, but I doubt the feeling's mutual

Ahhh, you inspired me to paint a Zaya .

I have no idea what's actually going on it, but I do know that body perspective is not my friend O_o.

Here is a Cragscleft zombie with a squirrel in it, eating the zombie from its inside:

Last edited by Ominous cowl; 27th Jan 2006 at 07:29.

Clockwork, that's awesome! I've been wanting to draw Zaya in some kind of action pose. . .from Into the Fray. . yeah. . .
    Also, currently working on another portrait, this time of Garrett.

Ominous Cowl, I can't see the picture. .

Very, very cool!

I'm thinking a Viktoria for myself, next. I don't think I've ever painted her properly. Well, to be honest, I don't think I've painted *anyone* 'properly'... so let's just say 'decently' .

Can't wait to see the Garrett

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459 ... LastLast