TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38131823283338434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1459

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Ah ok, then we have been thinking about different scenarios. You said something about terrain meshes and I thought you'd want to render AO-maps for a certain scene, like in the tutorial. I know the production process of static meshes with baked AO into diffuse, but I was thinking more like "real" AO all over the map combined with the dynamic lightning!! That would definitely look sweet, but it's really too much work this way, which is why I want lightmap support in doom 3! =)

Quote Originally Posted by STiFU View Post
    Ah ok, then we have been thinking about different scenarios. You said something about terrain meshes and I thought you'd want to render AO-maps for a certain scene, like in the tutorial.
    Now I get it Actually the terrain meshes will be pretty unique, at least the ground. Thanks for that idea

That would definitely look sweet, but it's really too much work this way, which is why I want lightmap support in doom 3! =)
    Yup, that's a good idea. In modern engines, hi-quality lightmaps are the base, not dynamic lights.
    Will help with modelling, texturing and T1/2-style cut-scenes | Thief-related videos |Photoblog

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    What about shadow casters? I thought you had tested everything with non-shadow-casting lights, but for a daylight mission without clouds you'd need shadows, even if with the spot lights which Tiens mentioned.
    Tiens was right about spotlights, this is very important, performance-wise. I tried to use omni lights to get shadows from the trees but I couldn't use radius bigger than 16 UU, for they all were going red on the filter. With spotlights I could use much bigger radius (like 48 or 56), the shadows are longer and all lights stay in the green.

Also, I've been working on some LightFX (sun glare and local fog):
    Will help with modelling, texturing and T1/2-style cut-scenes | Thief-related videos |Photoblog

...and now one with the falling snow emitters and I'm completely in love.

I have to tweak the snow a bit, las time it was a fullbright texture, not reacting to light changes (when it did it was grey not white). For now I'm making more rocks, since I'd need a versatile set of those.

Maybe you already thought about this, but you'll probably need a bit of slopy SMs or texturing to make all the trees and rocks look like being hit by snow drifts instead of sticking out of the white ground.

Yeah, honestly I've nothing intelligent to say...

Maybe you already thought about this, but you'll probably need a bit of slopy SMs or texturing to make all the trees and rocks look like being hit by snow drifts instead of sticking out of the white ground.
    Either some bushes at the base or some snow painted at the bottom, yup.

Archivist
    Good to see there's still activity on the T3Ed front

Thought I'd post this here.
    I noticed there aren't that many T3 FMs mentioned in the Upcoming FM list. You taffers do know that the thread is not just for T1/2 FMs, right?

If you like to see your mission mentioned in the list, read the Rules & Regulations for more information about how and when it can be listed.

Tiens apparently just helped me with my latest fundamental technical problem (saving/loading works!!). If I can focus on design, loot etc. for the next weeks, it'll probably hit beta this year and then I'll write a PM to you... if I'm not too tired by then.

Clearinghouse
    The Phantom, T3 FMs in development (I hope):
    Hermes by Beleg
    The Blue Rose re-edit by Savar
    The Plot by massimilianogoi
    Silence Part 2 by CrackedGear
    Sixty Feet Beneath St Edgars by ShadowSneaker
    Snowscape by Judith
    The Cabal of course
    Also Thief 3 Mod by liszt17

Archivist
    Thanks clearing.

Administrator
    I'm glad to see you chaps are still pottering away in here. Why has the forum practically coalesced into the WIP thread?

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    I'm glad to see you chaps are still pottering away in here. Why has the forum practically coalesced into the WIP thread?
    What's the WIP thread?

This one. "Work in progress". But the other thread, scumble, is the one for newbies.

I've made an estimation: The Plot will weight circa 500 MB, because of its large maps and the new sound files.

This won't be a good news for the hosters, IF there will be someone who will want to occupy 500 MB of his server's hard disk...

Wow, 500 MB compressed. I hope you find hosters.

Clearinghouse

Quote Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
    Wow, 500 MB compressed. I hope you find hosters.
    Me too. Even if I've thought to make a website just for it.

The finest way should be to find someone able to make a program to patch the old sound files. I will investigaye on the IRC Freenode channel #perl .

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    The Phantom, T3 FMs in development (I hope):
    Hermes by Beleg
    The Blue Rose re-edit by Savar
    The Plot by massimilianogoi
    Silence Part 2 by CrackedGear
    Sixty Feet Beneath St Edgars by ShadowSneaker
    Snowscape by Judith
    The Cabal of course
    Also Thief 3 Mod by liszt17
    Also Gordion by Flux.

I thought that was just his valley experiment, but maybe you know more than I.

@Massimiliano, have you tried adding your new schemas aside the big csc files like normal custum SFX? Here is a trick to sort of "import" sounds for use in ambient streaming and I wonder whether you can import them for AI use as well.

Already tried two years ago; unluckily the NPCs's conversations aren't able to work.

However, from the link you put:

"6. Recompile tha metafiles (either with the perl script or with Thief3soundaddon.exe)"

What the hell is this program?? Never heard about! Maybe it's able to patch the original CSC files too...

Yes, it changes the HardDrive.csc (?) AFAIK, but that still leaves you with extra MB. I found the idea with the little script starting and stopping the sound quite useful, but I don't know if it "activates" the sound file enough to use it for AIs.

Yes, it changes the HardDrive.csc (?) AFAIK, but that still leaves you with extra MB.
    And from where comes these extra MBs? If you are able just to patch the CSCs, then the problem is solved so you'll have just 40 MBs instead of 400.

Anyway: where I can get a working link to grab that program?

I found the idea with the little script starting and stopping the sound quite useful, but I don't know if it "activates" the sound file enough to use it for AIs.
    Scripts for the AIs's barks sounds crap for me, seems too complexed and too much work to do, much better a normal recompiling then.

Have you read and understood the thread you "tried two years ago"? The script is about "activating" sounds which are not in the big archives, it's not about starting barks.

Click

Beleg, your program is crashing every time I try to add the mechanist1's voice:

• placing the original csc files in the sound directory
    • placing the correspondant *.sch files in the same directory
    • placing the correspondant *.ogg files in the same directory
    • placing the correspondant *.wav files in the same directory

So, what's up man? What's the error?

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38131823283338434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast