IronEagle
    The Art is a matter of taste
    I love castles
    namely those between 1000 and
    1400 A.D.

the art is subjective
    the art is a matter of taste

bye.

I said that artistic approaches [like yours] would make a valuable contribution to FM making in general, it's just that T3Ed will probably have some difficulties with your way of building, at least according to the screenshots.
    And of course I've made dozens of rooms already and I'm trying to have an artistic approach as well, in both backstory and design/architecture.

@snobel: Sounds good. I honestly have no idea how an ibt file is composed and how the game handles its content. IIRC the former ibt shrinker worked by stripping original T3 content which was already present in the game (and thus, as I'd imagine, within other ibt files since before JohnP only few textures exist as non-compressed files). I think the increasing amount of custom textures makes saving memory only possible – as you said – when multiple ibt files share the same content. Is it right then that the game extracts all necessary textures (since these are the most memory-eating) at the start?
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 30th Dec 2011 at 14:19.

IronEagle
    [QUOTE=Beleg Cúthalion;2094516]I said that artistic approaches [like yours] would make a valuable contribution to FM making in general, it's just that T3Ed will probably have some difficulties with your way of building, at least according to the screenshots.

hi
    mine was not an attack
    But a defense
    I had doubts about "approach"
    ok .

Last edited by IronEagle; 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:24.

IronEagle

I am a professor of Italian and art history
    I have skills in my field
    castles, ancient paintings, strange architecture
    This is necessary to make a good map

do not worry the books will be translated by other people
    will be 'a multilinguage support English, Russian, Italian, Chinese

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    IIRC the former ibt shrinker worked by stripping original T3 content which was already present in the game (and thus, as I'd imagine, within other ibt files
    Yes, that's how the new shrinker works too, only you can also reference ibts within your FM.

I think the increasing amount of custom textures makes saving memory only possible – as you said – when multiple ibt files share the same content.
    Yes - well, diskspace and internet bandwidth is what you save.

Is it right then that the game extracts all necessary textures (since these are the most memory-eating) at the start?
    Yes, as I understand block loading, all resources in one ibt at a time are loaded at once.

Yeah, but if you strip content of one file because it's present in the other, doesn't the game then have to extract all ibt files at once to access said content? That's what wasn't clear to me yet. If you start the game and load e.g. a map 2 savegame, it wouldn't even work if all content was in map 1 and only additional content in map 2 since it wouldn't load map 1 then.

Sneaky Upgrader
    No, before the game even starts, the FM loader will have replaced all cbt files with rebuilt ibt files that are byte-for-byte identical to the ones you started out with. So from the game's point of view there is no difference at all.

IronEagle

it's only a rat

the garden of wizard
    chapter 3
    "room of illusions"

coming soon.
    Last edited by IronEagle; 13th Nov 2011 at 00:55.

This video is private, says youtube.

IronEagle
    this is a Castle of 1000 a.d. rebuilded in 1200

that i can see from the window of the my room

is in italy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RuZrc6e27QE

Quote Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
    this is a Castle of 1000 a.d. rebuilded in 1200

that i can see from the window of the my room

is in italy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RuZrc6e27QE

We can't watch the videos, they are set to private. If they're your videos, you will need to make them public for us to see them.

IronEagle
    Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    We can't watch the videos, they are set to private. If they're your videos, you will need to make them public for us to see them.
    i know that mister new o.
    but you can think another way....

the reasons are different because they are private
    this forum seems abandoned and not encouraging
    I did not think there was anyone here
    and I took some time to edit

i hope you like it
    Last edited by IronEagle; 12th Nov 2011 at 00:54. Reason: to be or not to be, this is the question

IronEagle

Bob head, delay,

ah

you worked on minimalist project?

good job
    coca cola , pepsi,
    Last edited by IronEagle; 14th Nov 2011 at 11:08.

IronEagle
    ah i'm working on the sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Io_urYKb0

for my campaign The Garden -of -The wizard

Garrett testing if Hammerite stained glass suits him well:

If it weren't for all my alpha testers being unavailable or extremely slow and lazy, this could probably already be beta. Well, I could declare it beta right now if you guys promise to help me with the whole story, player guiding etc. stuff as well. In fact I had planned to share it with the international community only after getting the main thing straight. Any volunteers?

PS: Does anyone have high-res versions of the good old stained glass textures?

Im working on my first mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryeo5...F-QdexPQcF_Y1-

Its not a big level but i just want to test the objectives. But there a so many problems with it.

Here you can find more informations
    www.wix.com/creationprojects/creationprojects

You not just re-decorated Rutherford Castle, did you?

No. This is build by me. Maybe i did it a bit like Rutherford Castle (I like this mission).
    Its a great mission to leran new architecture interior leveldesign.

(sorry for my bad english)

Your English isn't the problem, is just that on your homepage there is no information on it either. And it seemed unusual to me that someone would start with interior level design and already put light shaft emitters, projector lights and music in it.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. The T3Ed guild can always need backup.

Its a small level to test the objectives scripts etc.
    But they dont work very well . . .

I try to use the main functions of this editor and test it - before i build a real level.
    Is there another objective Tutorial like Komags?

This one. But in general both tell the same story.

I could add here for instance (don't know who's currently working on the Wiki) that my FM needed an ExitMissionInfo actor in the second map as well in order to support saving and loading, although the mission cannot be finished in the second map, together with the objectives initialisation script on its player start actor, which is mentioned here, which wasn't enough to have only in the first map either. Thanks again to Tiens for helping me out with this.

But this is advanced stuff already. For objectives in general I can say that they work well if you plan them beforehand (adding goals later results e.g. in more text files which makes finding things difficult) and pay lots of attention to correct spelling, because that's usually the cause for problems even if you think you already double-checked everything.

Yep, looks good so far. However, the actual text/schema files created are in Sounds\schemas\conversations\PlayerGarrett\... these are the ones you have to edit in order to have multiple languages etc. etc.

By the way, if you don't want to hijack this thread and/or have problems with the language, you can always find me here.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 5th Jan 2012 at 05:20.

Hi all! (and remember my english is bad )
    Some of You maybe saw my T3 mission "Abandoned Kingdom". It was hosted on Dark Fate, and only polish version was available. I have made mission one year ago and abandon it due to some technical problems, but Clearing dig out this thread, Cast (and Bikerdude from The Dark Mod forum) helped with translation, Beleg Cúthalion offer help too, so I want to improve as much as I can and release something worth that effort.

http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...om/screenshots
    Right now, I think architecture is far too simple and all those room edges should be covered, but it was my first try with T3ed and I often bounced from some editor limits when I tried to add more details. Maybe with Your help I will learn enough about T3ed to make it look better.
    Last edited by ERH+; 3rd May 2012 at 04:49.

Your level design is rather attractive IMHO in its slight oddness. Of course one could still adjust the texture(size)s a bit – and the effort might be worth it! – but basically it's quite good. The three-dimensional elements in the City are good, that's something with which I struggle myself (though at the moment I struggle with a strange volume effect).

Plus, from what I could gather in the readables this isn't just a superficial stealing-things mission.

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 712172227323742475253545556575859 LastLast