TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief: Deadly Shadows Widescreen Patch

Clearinghouse

Thief: Deadly Shadows Widescreen Patch

http://darkfate.ru/?show=files/misc_...reen_patch.zip by Massimiliano Goi.
    Screenshots 1152x864 1280x960 1440x900 1680x1050 1920x1200

Zombified
    is this a new patch or just repack of the already released one?
    Last edited by voodoo47; 19th Dec 2010 at 16:13.

Clearinghouse
    a new patch.

Zombified
    interesting. any changelog/improvement list?

Zombified
    very nice-especially because I'm getting a widescreen monitor this xmas.

Hopefully this will work with the SoldOut TDS, which the previous patch couldn't do.

Oh, that's right. It was a different type of patch that I couldn't get to work. This one seems to work well enough, though I don't think I had much trouble before. But now the game locks-up at the end of a mission. I'm not sure why (I don't think it's because of this patch.) I haven't played the game in a couple weeks. I wonder if it has to do with using a blu-ray drive now. (Task Manager shows some macrovision EXE trying to run in the %TEMP% folder. I think this is what SO uses for copy protection.)
    Last edited by Telliamed; 21st Dec 2010 at 18:19.

Up!

This hacked exe is great for the original campaing but can't show objectives in custom Fan Missions: well known problem, so GarrettLoader provides its own OLD (2004) exe but NOT widescreen-tweaked !

Any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
    Hopefully this will work with the SoldOut TDS, which the previous patch couldn't do.

Oh, that's right. It was a different type of patch that I couldn't get to work. This one seems to work well enough, though I don't think I had much trouble before. But now the game locks-up at the end of a mission. I'm not sure why (I don't think it's because of this patch.) I haven't played the game in a couple weeks. I wonder if it has to do with using a blu-ray drive now. (Task Manager shows some macrovision EXE trying to run in the %TEMP% folder. I think this is what SO uses for copy protection.)
    I just went through hell today trying to get TDS running so i'll put this here for someone hopefully. For the crashing, i believe you need to use the "crash fix" function contained in the first FOV fix.exe program.

Mouse lag caused by Vsync can be eliminated by using DxTool (like fraps) to limit your framerate to 58. Maybe fraps can do it too, i don't know.

No support for 16:9 resolutions ? specially 1920x1080

Sneaky Upgrader
    I'll take the liberty to point to a patch that does work in 16:9

Steam Support

Does this work with the steam version of Thief 3