TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    I'm not going to watch another reboot, in fact I was done with Nolan's version after seeing the Dark Knight. That film took itself way too serious and shoehorned in some sort of social comment about terrorism that was enough to give it a relevant sheen but blunted enough not to offend anyone.
    I once saw Tim Burton's films, which were entertaining, and that's quite enough Batman for me. After all this is a simplistic comic book story. It doesn't need a dozen takes to get it right. Much less do I want to support the cynical calculative attitude that spurns these films.
    It's not about 'getting it right'. It's about different perspectives on the same character. And that in itself can be fun. Especially with as iconic a character as Batman, it would be sad if there were just one official, 'real' Batman.

Acknowledged. I guess I'm just not that much of a Batman fan then.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    I once saw Tim Burton's films, which were entertaining, and that's quite enough Batman for me. After all this is a simplistic comic book story. It doesn't need a dozen takes to get it right. Much less do I want to support the cynical calculative attitude that spurns these films.
    You don't really understand comics, do you.

Go read "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth" and come back and tell me Batman is 'simplistic.'

I dunno. Thematically this might be the most interesting. I dunno what Bane is like in the comics much, but he seems kinda like the Joker with HGH: endless mysterious resources, limitless henchmen, peculiar obsession with Batman (indeed, Batman never really could top The Joker since day one).
    Here Nolan seems seems to be making him some sort of revolutionary leader. Dark Knight stuck its toe in some murky waters at least. As a sort of triptych with Good v Evil ; Order v Chaos and then Establishment vs Everyone Else it could get interesting. Particularly since Nolan is pretty much off the leash at this stage.
    I'm hoping for something that provokes a lot of outraged coverage on Fox News.

With you on that Muz. The great thing about this is that compared to other comic book movies there is real scope for Nolan to do something special.

I really don't expect much from any other comic book movie franchise (which is why I enjoyed Iron Man so much, and loathed Iron Man 2 so much) but Nolan has twice delivered fantastically atmospheric interpretations of the Batman story.

The Joker was just such a good character that even now the memory of it (and I only saw the film once, in the cinema) makes me dare to hope that he'll do a great job with Bane too. The trailer is so so for me, but then I wasn't too impressed with the previous films' trailers. I'm still really, really looking forward to this.

El Shagmeister

If done right Bane can be quite a compelling character. As long as they stay far away from the "HURR, SO STRONG, IMMA PUNCH YOU IN DA BATDICK!" portrayal he had in the Arkham games....fs...

This man broke the Bat -first- with his brain, -then- delivered the fatal blow with his brawn.

El Shagmeister

\/\/\/
    BATMAN!!!!
    \/\/\/

HURRRRRRRRR!!!

Can't wait for TDKR.....dammit!

Knows his stuff

How about some vintage 1940's Batman to tide us all over till TDKR comes out?

Highlights:

1:37 Bat-taint!

1:50 Batman: "Kiss my ass guys, you're on your own!"

4:40 Haha Alfred you literary-fag!

5:40 It oughta tickle your WHAT?

6:10 Wow even Gordon is a bit of a dickhead in this version.

0:29 Ok Bruce Wayne is just stalking this woman at this point isn't he?

1:10 Goddammit Robin quit fucking around!

6:20 Epic finale.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    "Tickle the old man" - i.e. the captain (Arnold, not Gordon).

Opening night opening night opening night

A "bladder busting 2 hours and 45 minutes long" ... I just came.
    Last edited by Scots Taffer; 19th Jun 2012 at 20:12.

It's a whole month away and I wish I could stop hearing about it for a while. The advert seems to have been on in the cinema forever and I'm actually getting bored of it!

Last night I was looking for times of Cosmopolis and TDKR was in the film listings. I thought it was out! Then I released they are pre-booking for next month

Still, Batman and Breaking Bad in one week. Doesn't get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Still, Batman and Breaking Bad in one week. Doesn't get much better.
    From what one hears (in a muffled voice), you may even get Breaking Batman.

El Shagmeister

\/

It's coming out on the 19th, with what I suspect a midnight premiere with the first two films before it. Hrm, that might be a bit much...

...but it means I get to come here right afterwards and leave a wall of spoiler tags to tempt you all with so I think I might have to do it.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Highlights:

1:37 Bat-taint!

1:50 Batman: "Kiss my ass guys, you're on your own!"

4:40 Haha Alfred you literary-fag!

0:29 Ok Bruce Wayne is just stalking this woman at this point isn't he?

1:10 Goddammit Robin quit fucking around!

6:20 Epic finale.
    Where's the "My parents are deeeeeeeeeeeeead!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Sadly, I understand that Hamill has stated that Arkham City is to be his last ever job voicing the Joker.
    If the script is good enough Mark Hamill could change his mind. Ledger was great in his role but I missed the laugh I would hear in all the cartoons and the TV show Adam West did of Batman. To me it just wasnt the Joker.
    You are never too young to hold a Lightsaber

Here's a review over on Reelviews.net.

Nolan, mate... Pull up a stool. Buy you a drink...

Two out of three ain't bad.

Watched Batman Begins yesterday with Dark Knight going on tonight before the new one hits the cinemas here. I had forgot how mediocre Batman Begins was. The amount of one-liners and general shitness esp. from Katie Holmes is astounding. A different kind of eye-opener was the fact that Jack Gleeson plays a scared child in it - currently he is Joffrey Baratheon in Game of Thrones.

Anyways, rewatching that thing put things in a better perspective and alleviates the fact that the Dark Knight was really really good (for a superhero movie). I don't expect the new one to be as good as it, but it will surely be better than Begins.

What do you mean "alleviates"?

Page what, 4, and still no boner jokes? Come on. 'The Dark Knight Rises' indeed.

should be emphasizes, it's "alleviivata" (literally, to underline) in Finnish, which I often mix with alleviates. Languages are fun.

Scots, are you saying you've seen it and didn't like it? Or are you guessing it will be bad and not live up to the previous edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Page what, 4, and still no boner jokes? Come on. 'The Dark Knight Rises' indeed.
    http://www.comicbooktidbits.com/BATM...ES%20JOKER.htm