TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934394449 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkane Studios Releases - Dishonored!

As long as the AI is exactly how I want I don't care about how it looks.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    As long as it's awesome I don't care if it's not awesome.

Still Subjective
    As long as it's awesome it won't look like I care.

As long as it's awesome, we know you'll care.

Aaaaand...after all that anticipation, I won't be able to play it until it's cheap. This is kind of ridiculous for a console game:

Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
    Memory: 4 GB system RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
    Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
    Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Recommended Spec:

Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better
    Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)

verbose douchebag
    Am I missing something? Why does its price affect if it will run on your PC?

What I mean is that I won't have a system capable of playing it until the game is fairly cheap. I was actually going to pre-order it today right as Arkane posted that. I'm glad I didn't as I imagine Valve wouldn't have given me a refund.

verbose douchebag
    Ah right. My backlog is such that I'll be waiting until it is cheaper anyway.

My backlog is massive but this was going to be a day 1 "drop everything I'm doing and play it" game. Oh well.

verbose douchebag
    My backlog is full of those kinds of games :/

Those specs are a bit of an arse. It's basically not anyone with consumer grade or laptop hardware. Hell, do 3.0ghz processors even exist not in the future?

Maybe I'll pick up a second hand console (and a second hand game mwhahahaa) and play then sell.

Shame though, I'd much rather mouse and keyboard.

Still Subjective
    That's the min, right? If you have a quad core 2.4 is the recommended, yes?

I was planning on building a cheap i5 system in the near future, I just don't really feel like having to also plop down $100 on a Windows 7 license for the first game I want to play that doesn't support XP, and then also have to deal with trying to get 3/4 of my game collection working in a new OS. For a port of something that runs on 10 year old hardware.

I'm calling bullshit on those specs to be quite fucking honest.

I mean... those specs are almost identical.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, apart from the CPU and the GPU VRAM, that is. I can understand the scalability of an engine being responsible for requiring multiple cores for threads, but Source isn't exactly a GPU hog, so I highly doubt a medium-high config's actually gonna need a GPU with lots of grunt unless, say, you're doing this at 1920x1080 and beyond.

It's Unreal Engine 3 though.

Really? I could've sworn it was Source. I thought they were basically building it off of The Crossing.

Chakat sex pillow
    Hell, that's what I thought too. It even looks like Source, grotty lightmaps and all.

Just the HL2 art design guy. That's what people were talking about earlier in the thread.

A vid covering sneaking in Dishonored. It's in the spirit of Thief of course.

Well now I'm doubly, nay trebly, pissed at the PC system specs.

Gotta be said though. Either Thief was way ahead of its time and/or games haven't been innovating much in the last 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Aaaaand...after all that anticipation, I won't be able to play it until it's cheap. This is kind of ridiculous for a console game:

Recommended Spec:

Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better
    Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
    My 3+ year old machine just barely does not meet the Recommended specs here, so I don't think it's really that far out of line for sys reqs. Granted, it's the first game (I think) where it's happened, but you can't expect cutting edge game to run perfectly on 4 and 5 year old PCs.

Luckily, one can get a 360 for <$200 if they're desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by jay pettitt View Post
    Either Thief was way ahead of its time and/or games haven't been innovating much in the last 14 years.
    I'd say both. Thief 1 and 2 are still the greatest sneakers ever made and since then, whenever a game has decent sneaking it's because it copied the LGS standard.

Welcome, young Corvo

If the finished game turns our to deliver on the promises made in the gameplay videos, I'll be one happy gamer indeed. The Thief vibe practically oozes down the (very pretty) walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahris View Post
    I'd say both. Thief 1 and 2 are still the greatest sneakers ever made and since then, whenever a game has decent sneaking it's because it copied the LGS standard.
    Did I mention that I was pissed about the PC requirements... So my PC is a laptop and I won't get to play this until it's new hardware time - which is a few years away perhaps. But I did think while watching the stealth vid that Thief FMs are looking pretty good these days - and is this really going to be so much better?

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934394449 ... LastLast