TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: ASP coder?

ASP coder?

Hola,
    The coder / designer who coded / designed the music site that myself and Kieron work on (www.bleedmusic.com) has gone and got a proper job and a girlfriend and thus hasn't got any time to do a new, decent one.

I posted something similar on the SOTD thread, but if anyone's a shit hot ASP coder with sql experience and will work on a new design for some free records, please get in touch with me or Kieron.

I thank thee in advance,

CH

I hack PHP and MySQL like Kevin Sorbo does movies, but I don't work with Microshite. Sorry.

Oh right, Deus Ex. Too bad Loki went under. Guess I need Windows after all...

Sad Christmas.
    ... deadening the flow of relentless biography ...

Shitfuckwhorebastardcunt.

Someone must be able to help us.

TheWatcher

Originally posted by Chris Houghton:
    Shitfuckwhorebastardcunt.

Someone must be able to help us.
    If you'd said REBOL and mySQL, no problem. I can't code ASP to save my life though

Still Subjective

What do you need doing and when be?

I'm just finishing up my MSc in Comps and Info Systems which, coincidentally, is all ASP pages linked to a MS Access database.

Depends on how much you need doing and when for. I'm busy as a mofo at the moment. If it's not too much and I sort this one bit of SQL out that's been bugging me for a few days then I may be able to help. It can't be a long term commitment at the moment though but I can help again later in the year, say in 2 months.

Hi, 99.9% of the actual coding is done and works and has been working for about a year. We're gonna redesign the whole thing, but can't actually do anything unless it's all linked up to the database. And I've got no idea how to do that.

I'm not sure if it's simply a case of copying and pasting the code into a new template. It could be. Should be.

Still Subjective

Yes it should be, unless the original has some formatting that is specific to the old template and which uses ASP (either in it or to produce it - IYSWIM).

Once the new template is designed an working without ASP I'll have a look (if I have time). All being well it should be a case of copy and paste.

If you want to experiment yourself copy the DB and alter the name. Then copy the code onto the new page(s) and change the references to the DB. See if it works. It is actually unlikely to work but worth a bash for the experience And I may not be able to help

Good luck.

If that were the case, it'd be fine, but there are about 14 different includes which confuse the matter some. I've got a new template, but have got to try to bolt on all the old variables and am suffering badly. If you could help out at all, just to push me in the right direction, that'd be ace. And KG will lend you his nipple clamps if you're lucky.

The guy who did the asp for our site is a music freak. Ive e-mailed him to let him know about this, but i've got no idea whether he's too busy or even interested. We'll have to wait and see.
    colcob
    The Narcissus Entity
    [!]

Originally posted by colcobb:
    [QB]but i've got no idea whether he's too busy or even interested. QB]
    Awww, you called me a music freak. The name my mother gave me, no less *grin*.

I'd be interested in assisting, but sadly my ASP skills are nothing special. And my SQL skills aren't a greal deal better. Tis PHP that is my bitch, Mr. Cobb.

I'd be happy to assist, or give it a look, tho, if that is any use. I don't imagine that it would be too difficult. And ASP is essentially PHP but written by demonic evil beasts with ill doing in mind, which if you have an ASP/Visual Basic syntax guide handy, is easy if you know PHP. Or even Perl, really.

Uh. Oo, I'm waffling. To summarise: I'd be happy to take a look, certainly. If that's any good...

Hola there sir,
    If you could email me at chris@bleedmusic.net, I can fill you in with what needs to be done. As far as I can see, there's very little actual coding, and it's more of a case of amending the includes so that they, um, include the content from the old site with the front end of the new one.

E.g., a certain hipster Brem X Jones' latest thought-piece: http://www.geekrock.com/bleed/strokes.asp

N.B., this isn't a finished template at all, but it's the best idea I can give you.

Even when I'm being rubbish, I'm ace.

Oh Chris: I've had an idea for something to review. It's my "Not Reading Festival Weekend review".

KG

If it involves the detailed diary of sitting in your Bath bedsit watching My So Called Life repeats whilst perfecting the art of extended onanism, then I'm interested.

But alas, I'm now going turn back the clock and return to Brighton to regale in some American sensitive indie types.

Originally posted by Chris Houghton:
    If it involves the detailed diary of sitting in your Bath bedsit watching My So Called Life repeats whilst perfecting the art of extended onanism, then I'm interested.
    Bingo!

KG

Sigh.

But I just got back from a pub meeting with two Swindon gentlemen who'll pay me small amounts of money for any old D20-system stuff I can produce. Which is nice.

Just got back to Paris to find out that due to unforseen circumstances Eperdu won't be able to do thee new coding.

Come on motherfuckers, someone must be able to help.