TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bbc4

fraid I dont know any links.....but I can give you a name...Auguste Boal........theatre theoretician. known as the formulater of the forum theatre idea......he's a bit like Antonin Artaud though...long on wonderful ideas, short of practicalities, but in his case a number of people around the world have made something of these ideas

You know, the concept of forum theatre is not that far removed from videogames.

Jimmy (great, GREAT name BTW) -

I'd not heard about 'forum theatre' before. Excellent idea.

Does the company ask the audience to choose from options presented to them, ie with pre-scripted choices like a more open version of Jeffrey Archer's courtroom drama where the audience choose guilty or not guilty and the play continues down one of two paths (I forget the name) or even those Steve Jackson / Ian Livingstone "Fighting Fantasy" Gamebooks?

Or is it completely free-form, leaving the performers to improvise after each audience decision takes the play in a new direction - like "Who's Line Is It Anyway?"

[EDIT] My God AB, I'm wearing one of those boxes RIGHT NOW! Stalker!!! Stalker!!![/EDIT]

---

]!MB0[0P

"Was I not entertaining?"

You were born wearing one of those boxes.

Anyway, I always wanted to ask you JC, do you have all of those quotes committed to memory? I mean, do you just come up with the most appropriate one off the top of your head?

They're not ALL meant to be appropriate; that's the fun of it.

Being a pathetic film anorak, I always know the ones to use for each subject and about are in my cardboard box already. The rest I look up to get the wording exactly right, like the Nick Nolte monologue last week.

---

]!MB0[0P

"You're sly, but so am I"
    Last edited by JimboCop; 14th Mar 2002 at 12:52.