TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Who Uses Shockconfig xrxes?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't try it.

1 50.00%
  • It is addicted to play System Shock 2

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Blog: ShockCfg3 or german grammar in english!

lol this is crazy

Why would the police want to speak with Kolya?

is Best Pony
    Don't you see?! He's the hacker!

Yes but we cant let Ir0NiXdark know that otherwise he`ll call em.

I'm not a "hacker". And I don't hate you, Ir0NiXdark. I think you're mildly annoying. But that's about it. I couldn't program my way out of a shoe box, ok?
    Take a look at my profile. See that? I'm just an average guy and gamer. I think we're about the same age even. I'm not spending my day with any of your stuff. I got better things to do.
    Frankly, most likely no one has ever hacked you or is planning to do so. You're not that important, you know? Neither am I or anyone else here.
    You're just mixing up reality with fiction there. Hanging on the internet all day may not be the best way to spent your time. Just saying. See some real people, real friends, that will get you back on the ground.

Til then, peace and have an excellent day.

SShock2.com

You're just saying that now because you're afraid of the police.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    You're just mixing up reality with fiction there. Hanging on the internet all day may not be the best way to spent your time. Just saying. See some real people, real friends, that will get you back on the ground.
    I have but spend days on net - and still hacker following me like some soet of milk man! culture obsess with real what is real life but these evens. i think police will kolya to make some better prog that does all shockcfg does and send back in time to make me look idiort!

Well, if nothing else, maybe I can get some German-language practice out of this thread.

Hey Ir0NiXdark, Woher kommst du in Deutschland?

Oh, wait a minute, that probably isn't the best thing to ask considering all this talk of hacking and police.

Quote Originally Posted by ZymeAddict View Post
    Well, if nothing else, maybe I can get some German-language practice out of this thread.

Hey Ir0NiXdark, Woher kommst du in Deutschland?

Oh, wait a minute, that probably isn't the best thing to ask considering all this talk of hacking and police.
    not hey, its english! say Hallo! and its said: Wo wohnst(resist or reside I dont know) du in Deutschland?

Kolay: please dont call me an idiot, then I'm satisfied and wont call the admins! I'm not interessed in becomming an authority in programming, hats the past! My future plans are to bekome somthing in graphics! however, its said, everytime a newbie... okay newbie, I hope my program will become more complete! hehe

Sounds nazi-like that line

ACTUNG. And thats the only word in German I know done (from Wolfenstein).

if you know only these two words, nazi and achtung, everything will sound like! you have to learn german and I the netherlands! hehe have fun! you have a fine point of starting!

Quote Originally Posted by Ir0NiXdark View Post
    not hey, its english! say Hallo! and its said: Wo wohnst(resist or reside I dont know) du in Deutschland?
    Ah, yes. I guess I was trying to shoehorn an English way of saying something into German again. Forgot about "wohnen". (and it's "reside" not "resist").

But aside from that -

Ir0NiXdark, niemand konnen dich verstehen. Dein Englisch ist zu schlecht. Es ist der Kauderwelsch. Das tut mir leid.

That's probably totally wrong, but I tried.

"Hey, woher kommst du in Deutschland?"
    ...sounds just fine to me. You can say "hey", it's somewhat casual but no more than in English. You might swap "in" for "aus" (out of the set that is Germany) but really, no one will blink an eye if you don't.
    If you're interested you can always drop by our chat, ZymeAddict. You wouldn't be the only one learning a bit of German there now and then.

is Best Pony
    Is that an open offer, Kolya?

Yes sure.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

You claim that this "hacker" stole your code and passed it on as his own, if I recall correctly (you've edited that post since then)? If you don't want this to happen then make your project closed source. The fact that you've got your full source code publicly available and GPL'ed online is practically an open invitation.

Perhaps you've made a mistake? Maybe this "hacker" took your code and made some improvements and you misunderstood his/her intentions due to your developing English abilities? From my understanding of it, the very nature of open source welcomes programmers poke around your code. They're allowed to make minor to radical alterations, perhaps turning it into something completely different - as long as the original author is still acknowledged. Eg the social webbrowser Flock is a custom version of the open source browser, Mozilla Firefox.

you have to be carefull with open source.
    The thing to remember is to put the top back on before you shake it

Yeah, otherwise some aspiring jerk could steal the code for your config file editor and make Windows Notepad out of it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    You can say "hey", it's somewhat casual but no more than in English.
    Which reminds me of my favorite GH3 song:

Hey - hier kommt Alex
    Vorhang auf - für seine Horrorschau!

And now I want to read Anthony Burgess.

Or maybe Kurt Vonnegut.

Or play Fahrenheit.

Hey, Kolya, thanks to you I'll add a few more items on my to-do list!

--
    Larris

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    ACTUNG. And thats the only word in German I know done (from Wolfenstein).
    Slacker. You should have at least picked up ACHTUNG, HALT, SCHWEINHUND, and AARRGGHH.

It's Schweinehund. Just because it's easier to say.

The Magpie: I was a fan of the band back when that came out. Great song.
    Here's a list of Nadsat words, some are used in the song as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Slacker. You should have at least picked up ACHTUNG, HALT, SCHWEINHUND, and AARRGGHH.
    lol thats right. The guys in blue (SS guys if I remember correctly) said the Schweinhund right? or was that the first boss. Hmmm.

Actually they said "Schutzstaffel!" when they sighted you and "Mein leben!" when they died. Hans Grösse (the first boss) shouted "Guten Tag!" upon encountering the player. Can't remember what he said when he died, but it wasn't "schweinehund".

Quote Originally Posted by ZymeAddict View Post
    Ir0NiXdark, niemand konnen dich verstehen. Dein Englisch ist zu schlecht. Es ist der Kauderwelsch. Das tut mir leid.

That's probably totally wrong, but I tried.
    its said: Ir0NiXdark, niemand kann dich verstehen. rest is okay!

I would understand german kauderwelsch, if english would be my motherlanguage! I know, I have really problems with grammar, its the german grammar

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    You claim that this "hacker" stole your code and passed it on as his own, if I recall correctly (you've edited that post since then)?
    no, he logged in to my account @ sun's java forums and he edited my posts!
    I could diff the code, and find out what is the error, but thats not my way to find out the bug!

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast