TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863687378838893 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2446

Thread: Thief 1/2 & SShock 2: DDFix and Enhanced Resolution Patch - discussion

Ouch. That may actually be a problem. Since you are more or less emulating windows, I don't know whether you could actually install it or not. DDfix requires .NET framework 2.0, IIRC. Well, it doesn't hurt to try?

I don't know what else to try, I'm afraid. I suppose I could just live with this. .the speediness only happens once in a while, usually.
    Either way, thanks for your help and patience.

I meant, you could try installing .net framework anyway and see what happens.
    Sorry you are having trouble.

And no problem.

Thanks!. . er. . where do I get .net framework?
    *compuetr dunce*

Lady Taffer, check your PM box.

YES!!! It worked! Thanks a lot!

I've got one more question for a little ways back, though, about not being able to the original Thief 2. .

f you run Thief normally, without DarkLoader, it obviously won't start DarkLoader to uninstall your currently installed FM before playing. If you had Mission X installed the last time you played, then it will still be installed.
    I'm not sure I understand this statement at all. .

Yay! Glad you could get it to work. Is thief running "normal" for you now?

I think what he means is that when you stick in the thief 2 CD, if you had installed an FM using darkloader without removing it, it will still load whatever FM you installed. The game only goes back to "normal" thief if you "uninstall" your FM. Does that make sense?

Another possibility: Are you perhaps saying that mission x was not fully uninstalled and therefore it showed the mission x screen? ACtually I don't think that is possible unless you were messing with the files.

So I'll never be able to play the original Thief 2 unless I uninstall my FMs?
    I don't recall this ever happening before. . also, I don't think I ever installed any FMs while my thief2 CD was still in the drive, so I don't see how that would cause the problem.

And yes, the game is running normal for me now, no more Garrett running around like a ferret on crack.

Okay, perhaps the terms installed and uninstalled is not the best choice of words. What I meant was, if you had "activated" an FM, like Mission X, and you did not "restore" thief 2 back to its original state with darkloader, then it makes sense that when you go to play thief 2 again (regardless of whether darkloader is open or not) by sticking in the CD it will still play that FM. Assuming that was the point Nameless Voice was trying to make. By the way, I don't understand what you mean by "mission x subscreen" - So I should ask you then, did you restore thief 2 back, or is mission x still "installed"?

So yes, you can't play thief normally when an FM is installed. Though that really depends on the FM in question.

Ahh, ok. I didn't restore thief 2, mainly because I have no idea how to do it, but that's not too big a priority, really. And what I meant by Mission X subscreen is the opening screen you get when you first start up Mission X.

In darkloader, find Original Thief 2: The Metal Age. Click on Install Only. That should "uninstall" mission x. (Then you should be able to play thief 2's OMs normally.) Be warned though, mission x doesn't completely uninstall itself. I've uninstalled Mission X on another thief 2 install, and pieces of it where still there, such as the compass.

Anyway, glad you could get ddfix to work. You may have also noticed that the stars have come back....

Need a little help please .
    system Athlon 64 dual core 5,600 N vidia 9,000 600 GT driver 7.15.11.7813
    Vista home premium. i am trying to set up DD fix and wide screen mod. Have downloaded DD fix. Said it could not find Theif 2 EXE. so i Downloaded patched EXE. Put everything into Thief folder. Can use DD fix but have to set resolution every time i go into the game. There is no resolution in my CAM file and windows will not let me put one in. Every time i come out of the game it resets to the lowest resolution and i have to reset it to 800x600.

i have tried to instal wide screen support but every time it tells me cannot open Thief 2 EXE. i want to run 1440x900 Can anyone help with a way around this please.

you need to download a pre-patched thief2.exe, see the main post.

Biker, he did. If I understand his post correctly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by YONTY
    Can use DD fix but have to set resolution every time i go into the game. There is no resolution in my CAM file and windows will not let me put one in. Every time i come out of the game it resets to the lowest resolution and i have to reset it to 800x600.
    Please be more specific. Why will windows not let you put one in? what happens? Are you not running as administrator? Oh, it just occured to me. Perhaps you have cam.cfg as read only. If that is the case, please right click on the file, go to properties, and uncheck read only, apply and then ok. If it doesn't let you, that means you aren't an admin.

You should be able to open cam.cfg and change the resolution to whatever you want.

2nd, what do you mean by "cannot open thief 2 exe" ? Don't you mean cannot find thief2.exe? Or the right version of it, that is?
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 21st Dec 2008 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Biker, he did. If I understand his post correctly anyway.
    sorry, I was a tad inebriated at the time and didnt read the post correct.

Yonty just emai(b1k3rdude (at) hotmail.co.uk) l me your "thief2.exe" and I will patch it with DDfix and the widescreen patch.

Just want to say a public thanks to Biker for all his help where would we be without him and others ? But it was not to be it just would not work but after a reinstall ,everything works widescreen the lot wonderful: D

Vista x64 + DDFix + System Shock 2

Well i'm having problems with DDFix unfortunately. I'm gonna go through the manual method as I'm a fairly competent kinda user, but thought you might like to know.
    When installing DDFix using your tool in Vista x64 this'll pop up:

Bit of a bummer - happens with a fresh install as well.
    Last edited by Meocene; 28th Dec 2008 at 19:11.

ddfixGUI requires .NET framework 2.0. Do you have that?

And yeah, if you can't get it to work, you can try the manual version of ddfix.

I'm using Vista - .NET3.0 comes built in to the OS and I've upgraded to 3.5.

Don't know what i'm doing wrong with the manual method but when I open SS2's *.exe in a HEX editor I can't find an instance of DDRAW.DLL anywhere, just an awful lot of HEX values. Should I be doing some translating?

This didn't help either: "On windows vista, the GUI must be started with admin rights to avoid issues when trying to patch thief2.exe. (Use '-noadmincheck' as a command line argument to disable this check.)" - taken from the DDFix readme.

Last edited by Meocene; 28th Dec 2008 at 19:13.

Hmm.. sorry don't know what to tell you. I assumed shock2.exe had ddraw.dll, but upon looking at my copy, it doesn't have ddraw.dll either.

I'm not even 100% what i'm looking at tbh.
    That prolly part of the problem.

Update: Just tried the prepatched shock2.exe available in main post + the manual DDFix files.
    Set up everything like resolution et all. Game will start up but as soon as I load a save all I get is a black screen.
    If I alt tab i find an error msg saying my hardware is not supported.

Update 2: The safe memory manager option was in the cam.cfg
    Last edited by Meocene; 28th Dec 2008 at 21:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Meocene View Post
    Update 2: The safe memory manager option was in the cam.cfg
    have you checked that the resolution in cam.cfg and ddf.ini are the same..? and its a res that your monitor supports.?

Yeah, everything's as it should be.

It's weird. It looks like I get closer using the pre-patched exe available in the initial post and the manual DDFix files. At least SS2 brings up a error message stating my hardware isn't support.

When I install DDFix using Kolya's SSTool v2.6 the game runs and the widescreen patch works but clearly DDFix isn't kicking in. I know this for two reasons; 1 - SS2 loads save games fine and works, 2 - severe color banding is present.

Well blow me down I've only gone and got it working.
    I don't know what's so special about my SS2 install and exe but I took another look at my shock2.exe in a HEX editor and finally found ddraw.dll in there.
    So the exe that SSTool unpacks isn't pre-patched...? At least for me it wasn't.
    That or my install has a mind of its own and changed it back to its origonal state...? God knows.

While I'm here, does anyone know what FOV percentage should I use for the widescreen mod?
    Currently I'm using 115%, but do you know what the correct percentage is for 1920x1200, 16:10 aspect ratio?

When I install DDFix using Kolya's SSTool v2.6 the game runs and the widescreen patch works but clearly DDFix isn't kicking in. I know this for two reasons; 1 - SS2 loads save games fine and works, 2 - severe color banding is present.
    Based on your picture, it looks like the SS2tool installs the ddfix GUI version, not manual. That could by why, because you must manually "apply" the ddfix patch with the ddfix gui.

So I don't understand, what did you change to make it work now?

You found ddraw.dll? In which, prepatched or original? I did a "Find" on ddraw.dll for shock2.exe (original), couldn't find it.

I dunno about what the FOV is "supposed" to be for a certain resolution, but the readme recommends you just put 100%.

Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863687378838893 ... LastLast