TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Talking To Bes

Talking To Bes

I'm really tired of this objective to "talk To Bes". Every time I go all the way back to him, he has nothing to say and I've wasted time and ammo getting to him. If I stick around, bandits constantly regenerate causing me to waste even more time and ammo. So far I haven't left him dead, but I'm seriously considering to let him die just to remove that objective. Or is this Bes thing something I MUST do eventually.

That objective must be a bug. Refuses to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    I'm really tired of this objective to "talk To Bes". Every time I go all the way back to him, he has nothing to say and I've wasted time and ammo getting to him. If I stick around, bandits constantly regenerate causing me to waste even more time and ammo. So far I haven't left him dead, but I'm seriously considering to let him die just to remove that objective.

1.0004 fixes Bes.

Or is this Bes thing something I MUST do eventually.

No, the quest is optional.

Thanks. I let him die.
    But in the meantime, I offed the bandit camp and got the documents, which led me to the barkeep, who finally gave me one of the keys I needed to get into X18. So patterns are starting to make sense.

As I said before, it gets confusing when you do something before you're given the objective to do it. I met the barkeep before I had the documents he needed and I killed that guy in Deep Valley before I was supposed to. So I couldn't figure out why I didn't have both keys and my access to X18 was closed.

All this revelation because Bes pissed me off

How did you get to the barkeep before stealing the documents? You didn't fight all the guys guarding the entrance did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjossi View Post
    How did you get to the barkeep before stealing the documents? You didn't fight all the guys guarding the entrance did you?
    Er.... but that's irrelevant as gate to the Bar area should have been closed anyway and there isn't a way to jump over the fence as far as know. A Duty member at the gate opens it only if one has the docs. Now I'm interested how he managed to get to the Bar before Agroprom too.... Strange&Unusual Stalker-style

Quote Originally Posted by Bjossi View Post

No, I didn't fight them. They wouldn't let me in at first, but then relented after I talked with them. Don't know why. But I DID go to the Deep Valley first. Killed everybody over there, including Borov of whatever his name was.
    Maybe that had something to do with it.

No, I didn't fight them. They wouldn't let me in at first, but then relented after I talked with them. Don't know why. But I DID go to the Deep Valley first. Killed everybody over there, including Borov of whatever his name was.
    Maybe that had something to do with it.

Perhaps, but they just weren't supposed to let you in the Bar, that's why you was confused.

I seem to mixed up Bes and Madman

Bes objective is mandatory for getting a true ending I think.
    Last edited by 242; 7th Nov 2007 at 05:43.

I hope that doesn't mean I'm not going to experience the true ending. I'm actually trying to rush through this first run of the game so I can apply the patches and start over.

I'm discovering new things as I progress which makes the game seem a little more sensical. One of the things that I found really confusing was that some of the objectives registered as failures on the screen when I was far far away in a different map. Then I realized that you're given a set (usually long) period of time to accomplish that goal. It was found on the PDA under "Tasks". So in STALKER time I had maybe 16 hours to "eliminate bandits from camp". So here I was constantly killing regenerating bandits at the Garbage, for example, wondering why the objective just wouldn't trigger. That's why I left Bes for dead. It got boring.

10 note
    Bes has nothing to do with endings, don't worry. Nor do any other 'failable' quests for that matter.

I hope that doesn't mean I'm not going to experience the true ending. I'm actually trying to rush through this first run of the game so I can apply the patches and start over.
    Well, if you talked to Doctor and have 'Stash in Pripat' objective i your PDA, you must be able to get true ending without Bes.

I'm discovering new things as I progress which makes the game seem a little more sensical. One of the things that I found really confusing was that some of the objectives registered as failures on the screen when I was far far away in a different map. Then I realized that you're given a set (usually long) period of time to accomplish that goal. It was found on the PDA under "Tasks". So in STALKER time I had maybe 16 hours to "eliminate bandits from camp". So here I was constantly killing regenerating bandits at the Garbage, for example, wondering why the objective just wouldn't trigger.

Such objectives should trigger properly after patching. But yes, you have 24 hours to finish a random side quest. Actually, that's more than enough usually to finish like 10 of them, especially if you have a Moonlight equipped and knowledge of environment The peculiarity of these quests given by Barkeep, Duty and Freedom leaders is that after a certain amount of finished quests for each of them you get a nice prize - either a good weapon, armor, or rare artifact. Things you get for each quest from them are sometimes quite useful too. F.e. if you use 9x39 weapon, every quest for Voronin will give a good amount of 9x39 ammo and a few grenades for launcher.
    Last edited by 242; 7th Nov 2007 at 12:46.