TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washed Out Look

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arcy View Post
    Under the 'Local Folklore' there are several interesting stories, and a few of them mention some strange creature called the 'Illusionist'. I guess it's some creature that ended up not making it into the final game.
    Judging by the story the thing had to be even more frightful than Controller. Maybe it's just me but I find the Controllers really frightful, not because of damage they can do, but because of way they look and move and that 'pull' effect I think.

10 note
    I find it's what they do to your head and the noises you hear. The one in the bloodsucker village doesn't do the pull attack and doesn't really seem to be able to hurt you much at all - you can just run right up to it and unload a mag or two into it's face without taking any damage yourself, which is a bit of a let down considering how rare they are and how much the first one can kick your arse if you give it half a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by steo View Post
    I find it's what they do to your head and the noises you hear. The one in the bloodsucker village doesn't do the pull attack and doesn't really seem to be able to hurt you much at all - you can just run right up to it and unload a mag or two into it's face without taking any damage yourself, which is a bit of a let down considering how rare they are and how much the first one can kick your arse if you give it half a chance.
    The one in X16 is very deadly too.

I wrote about my encounter with the village controller - he frightened me because he appeared very unexpectedly - no pull attacks. I was in a house though, maybe walls were obstacles for that.

I read after bardak's fix there should be 2 more controllers, in Pripyat - area of kindergarten and bus station.

The bus station is already dangerous enough. High radiation inside, and the only place in Pripyat where Military Stalkers show up.

The bus station is next to the helicopter crash site right? thats a really fun spot for target practice and loot farming. There's also an anomaly in that area that shreds stalkers into chunks of bloody meat and bone. Very brutal.