TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 38131823283334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

I've found this gem of a mission later than everyone else. I appreciate that no one may be browsing this thread now but if they are I'm stuck on Night 1 at the cathedral . Can some kind person give me a direct clue as to how to get into it. I've bopped the two guards at the front and walked around it. I can see an open window at the back high up but can't put a rope arrow into it. Can't find any key either , what am I missing ? I'm getting to the stage when I may have to give up on it which is a shame as it's a great mission. Sorry I'm so late in coming on this .
    Last edited by raymeld; 18th Feb 2011 at 07:22.

This screenshot should get you going again

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    This screenshot should get you going again

Sorry intruder can't see the screenshot you mention could you add it? Many thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    The link just hangs and resets. Is the answer a rope arrow? Hidden door ? etc Behind/ side ofcathedral , anything hint wise Thanks and sorry for your wasted effort !

There is a beam on the backside of the cathedral, leaning against the wall. Walk up that beam and jump onto the window ledge. Proceed across the roof to the attic window which can be used to get inside.

Same screenshot, different host (maybe this one works for you).

Link worked intruder , many thanks for the time you've spent on this. Back to the game now !!

Can't possibly read through 39 pages to find a clue to Night (Day) 3. I'm having a terrible time trying to find the black sister. I have the other two hearts; one from the forest with a nearby tree beast; and the other from swimming a long tunnel and coming up through a well.
    I've been to the walled area and climbed into a garden of sorts where a light ball attacks me. Killed the 3 glowing figures wearing lace masks, but unable to enter a shrine of sorts unless I destroy the black heart.

Can't find the area where I release all the spiders that attack black sister. Help please!

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Thru the mouth in the garden of the veiled ladies. Once inside you need to work your way further into the mission. The black sister is in a large clearing in the temple you will find past the ladies of the lake, the maze of the fireballs and the temple.

To kill the last sister you need to use a rope arrow in the vine covered ledge to the side of the area where the statue of The Trickster is.

This will get you to a place where the living spiders are kept. Then you need to figure out how to release the spiders and stay out of their way, else they'll kill you.

To destroy the heart pass the area where the statue is and find a passage down to a pool of lava. You need to throw the heart into the lava pool, then come back and release the spiders.

The openings off the room with the statue will lead you to the lava pool you need for the heart. As will a thorough investigation of the temple itself.

There are transportation portals that will get you to the lake and the ladies. These come after the maze through the mouth in the veiled ladies garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    I've been to the walled area and climbed into a garden of sorts where a light ball attacks me. Killed the 3 glowing figures wearing lace masks, but unable to enter a shrine of sorts unless I destroy the black heart.
    I do not quite understand where you are stuck.
    Are you past the place where you use the six stone keys?
    Have you destoyed Seraphina´s and Heather´s hearts? (I don´t remember if you need to do this to be able to get to the next part of the mission, or if you can do it later).

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    The Black Heart is the LAST you destroy. The others can be destroyed by dropping them on the GOOD objects you should already have.

Many thanks! I did not use the seeds to destroy the hearts. Forgot about it!

I love this! Thank you very much for such great fun!

I finally took the time to play this and this is simply amazing. The sounddesign is... well, words aren't enough to describe it, but it's... really atmospheric, so much emotion put into it, keeping me on my toes even when there was no one around. The texturing and the architecture, especially down in the caves, actually blew my mind and gave me a strong sense of ancient civilisations coming and going. The story and gameplay was just excellent.

I played on Expert and it was hard at times, but the only two times I was stuck was because I was looking for a certain keystone (for access to the wind teleporter) in the wrong place and I missed that I could shoot a rope arrow into the vines near the Trickster statue.

And as that wasn't enough, you added all these little details and side-quests too. Rescuing the baby burrick made me all fuzzy inside

If I have to complain about something, it would be that Night Two could have been more different than Night One, as it was I got a little bored of walking the same city streets once again. The small and not so small differences that were in there somewhat made up for this, though (I guess you had to split the mission into two after passing a whole lot of limits, with which I can fully sympathize). Then came Night Three and I completely forgot about Night Two: Night One was great, Night Two was good, but Night Three was mind-blowing and my favourite.

I'm impressed, amazing stuff! Thank you! I had a great couple of days playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Night One was great, Night Two was good, but Night Three was mind-blowing and my favourite.
    There is something pretty much for all tastes in this pack. I like Night Two the most. I think it´s much better than Night One. The whole Desolation Row area, mansion, "party apartment", etc.

Night Three is indeed mindblowing as well. My favourite parts are the thieves'- and pagan hideouts.

Healing Plague Victims

Having another go at this mission, I encountered a problem I didn't have the first time around. Everything is accomplished but the "heal at least 4 plagued citizens + heal all plagued citizens" never checked off even though I actually did the healing. The only guy I missed was Primo, who was clobbered early on in the game (either by myself or one of the guards, I don't remember which).

Is that the hangup? Primo unconscious before he's cured? That doesn't make sense seeing as I healed everyone else so the "at least 4" should have checked off. I went back and verified that all the plague citizens were in fact cured. I couldn't find Bert, the guy with the sword, who I remember blackjacking after I cured him.

I looked around this thread for an answer but there's quite a few pages accumulated, and was unsuccessful in finding anyone with similar issues. I can always force an end of course...

Which night are you on? Night 1 and 2 both have the "heal plague victims" objectives. Perhaps you need my *cough* hint guide?

I thought this thread only applied to Night One. Has it morphed?

I'm referencing Night One. I wasn't aware of your hint guide but will have a scan to look for help.

Thanks Ricebug

Ohhh...I didn't realize that was your hint guide. I downloaded it long time ago and use it regularly. It's VERY helpful for many missions, but not in this case. My issue may be rare enough or unique such that my only option is to replay it or, more probably, manually end it and continue on the Night Two
    Last edited by Clock; 23rd Dec 2011 at 19:59.

This is interesting and I don't know whether to continue here or move over to the Night 2 thread. I manually ended Night One, played Night Two, and ended up with the same problem. I cured ALL plague citizens and yet nothing checked off. This time I made sure not to blackjack or disturb any of the cured, plus all guards were put out of commission so no cured person could be killed. They wander around on their own, or run away. The two from the cathedral (this is Night Two I'm referring to now)escaped from the map to a place I can't follow (through a gated pathway, the place where the dog is barking).

Is/was there something I had to do or read before using the holy water+water arrow in order to get the objective to check off? It DID do its job, by curing them. I'm just not getting credit for it.

Possibly on a related note, I never received the reward for returning the Burrick, even though she went through the "motions" of giving me the reward, and the same thing happened with the prisoner, whom I let escape. He offered me the reward, but it never registered.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Clock; 25th Dec 2011 at 16:15.

Sounds like a script is missing. Are you using Darkloader 4.3?

Garrettloader 1.4194

It sounds like you may need to replace your copy of Gen.osm. Try the copy in the Thief 2 folder here. You'll need to reinstall the mission for it to take effect.

By re-install, do you mean to start the mission over again? I re-installed Seven Sisters by going to a different mission in Garrettloader, then switching back again, then loading a save just before the prisoner in Night Two is released, when he's supposed to give me a reward. He went through the motions of handing me a ring?, as before, but I still did not receive credit. I verified this by comparing my loot total before and after.

What I did was replace my gen.osm with the version you referred me to.

Unless you mean to say that all my saves are no longer valid and the new gen.osm won't kick in unless I start the mission fresh, I don't think that particular script is the problem.

As an aside, I've been playing fan missions under my current configuration (computer-wise and thief-install wise) for a while now without issue. So this appears to be related to Seven Sisters only. However, not finding anyone else with a similar complaint suggests that the problem is with me, not the mission. Perhaps I should try replacing convict.osm as well?

Yes, you'll need to restart the mission. Sorry. You shouldn't need to replace convict.osm. It can't hurt anything if you do but it shouldn't be necessary. It is not uncommon for Gen.osm to get corrupted and need to be replaced/updated. Usually when objectives don't complete properly, gen.osm is the culprit. But you will need to restart the mission.

I'll keep the fresh version of gen.osm but I'm not getting rid of the older one, renaming it gen_original.osm just in case I have cause to revert back.

In order to test this, I would have to start over again, which presently I'm not inclined to do. I'll just finish off Night Three and go back to the mission another time.

Thanks for the insight regards gen.osm. I'll keep that information recorded if this happens again. I have a personal pdf file itemizing various problems and their solutions regards Thief and this will be yet another addition to refer back to.

Thanks Tanner, and thanks Risebug for your help.

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 38131823283334353637383940 LastLast