TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Mars AND the moon will both be glowing very bright tonight!! The color of moon in the FM looks like as Mercury will be tonight. What are the chances?
    LOL I agree Lady Rowena's Fm do take on a mythical like aura... I have to stop and admire the archirtecture/realisim, breath in the atmosphere - even when I have cops and guards on my tail....

biker

I have crept along the walls, checking everything out, an FM pack like this deserves to be treated like a fine bottle of wine,
    I haven't even bothered to check my map yet, This is great, I'm enjoying this immensely. Thank you Lady Rowena!! Thank you for a great Christmas present.
    I love playing Thief during Christmas.
    What he said, I dont want to give LR a big ego boost, but this Fm is one of the finest peices of work Ive seen in a while, something to aspire too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    I can only recommend to save in another slot BEFORE releasing him, and don't leave any corpses in his sight. If he stops, there's no way to make him move again.
    [/B]
    Coolies Im glad I red thise before I got too far - Im having so much fun atm
    Last edited by bikerdude; 24th Dec 2007 at 13:13.

need a little help

i explored the part where the judge is living
    managed to get downs the sewers but after that i keep running around in circle what am i missing ?
    i can't seem to get nowhere around the police station
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

Lady Rowena, when posting her screen shots in this thread.
    http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110510 Schwaa2 mentioned not liking the orange/red moon, his only knit-pick about the mission.

Um, yeah, I said that. Sorry Lady R. Now that I've played I actually think it works pretty good

Anyway, just so you know Lady R, I did move the KO'ed body out of the hall and into a room.

Let Basso out, he ran right around the corner and kept cruising. When he got home the objective checked off.

So he must've been mortified

Still, at 3 hours in I am getting closer to being finished, but still have some work to do...

Thanks again.

@Sexypat
    You are missing about 90% of the mission at this point it seems.
    spoiler:
    Rope arrow up top of police station and go over the top, that's one way to get further. Just about any direction you go will lead you to more stuff. It might be awhile before you 'get anywhere' in the mission and stuff starts checking off.
    A major point is to get to the cathedral which will lead to the crypt...

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    i explored the part where the judge is living
    managed to get downs the sewers but after that i keep running around in circle what am i missing ? i can't seem to get nowhere around the police station
    Hi there Sexypat

Ok when your in the sewer's you need to check every door, as per LR's not you need to pick every door if it will frob, eventually
    spoiler:
    you'll find one that belongs to the blacksmith
    . You will then be back on street level..

or

You could find
    spoiler:
    the exit into the canal
    and you will see the policve station above you..

hope that helps biker

Schwaa2, oh no! Nooo, I wasn't meaning to knit-pack to you about your comment. I just pulled that comment out because of the red moon.

Hell, if thats all you can knit-pack, thats good.

I am in the cathedral and by the dead brothers body. I look up and see lots of wood but the rope arrows do not stick to it. Whats going on? I am getting very frusterated with all the wood that don't work with rope arrows.

Well I got up that way after lots of tries...I now see there was another way via
    spoiler:
    the roof

Is it possible to get a sword on hard before going in the crypt ?
    Last edited by Lightningline; 24th Dec 2007 at 14:04.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    I am in the cathedral and by the dead brothers body. I look up and see lots of wood but the rope arrows do not stick to it. Whats going on? I am getting very frusterated with all the wood that don't work with rope arrows.

Well I got up that way after lots of tries...I now see there was another way via
    spoiler:
    the roof
    There is wood, arrows do stick, when you finally figure it out, and take a good look around you will see. Don't forget to pickup your ropearrows when you leave. Neatness counts.

a little more help ; )

thanks biker
    i did make it to the blacksmith but it didn't change anything exept i found a sword !!

you were talking about an exit under the police station can you guide me a bit i found a door for the sewer maintenance but i didn't find the key
    is there another way ?
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

thanks biker
    i did make it to the blacksmith but it didn't change anything exept i found a sword !!

you were talking about an exit under the police station can you guide me a bit i found a door for the sewer maintenance but i didn't find the key
    is there another way ?
    I want that sword..There is no way I am going in the crypt without one. Can anyone give me the directions to the sewer sexypat is talking about??

The banned user, not the game
    i figured out how do get to sewer 1

if benny stops before the sewer 2 door,is that bad?

this mission is so much fun
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008
    Last edited by Thief_4; 24th Dec 2007 at 14:20. Reason: update

thanks biker

is there another way ?
    Question one: Use your ropearrow. Put it in the wood right over the door of the police station. Climb up. Avoid the guard that is there.

You MUST go through the police station to continue. There is no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    No, it wasn't supposed to happen,
    spoiler:
    he should run outside across the square, toward Sewer Maintenance 2....
    It never happened that he went upstairs, never!
    Sorry, I hope that you have a save before releasing Basso, there's no way to make him move at this point.....I don't really know what's happened.
    Actually, for once I was smart enough to make a solid save BEFORE triggering a potentially buggy scripted event. GO ME!

There was a body Basso had to run over so maybe that tripped him up, I'll try moving it and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    I want that sword..There is no way I am going in the crypt without one. Can anyone give me the directions to the sewer sexypat is talking about??
    there are two of them, you need to get the Blacksmiths shop, via the
    spoiler:
    sewers

then you have a few more weapons the just a sword...

biker

I'm still on Night One. Two questions:
    spoiler:
    Is Primo's death preventing me from completing the cure everyone optional objective? If so, how do you prevent him from getting killed by all those guards at the beginning? I'm pretty sure I found and cured everyone else, including the clockmaker.

[Edit]
    spoiler:
    Nevermind, I found one last person to cure just above Basso's shop. That completed the objective!

spoiler:
    I'm assuming I need to put something on the monkey's plate to get the key to the cashbox, but what?
    Last edited by Slynt; 24th Dec 2007 at 15:21.

Yes, the monkey needs something. Have you picked up anything that seems a little wierd? Is it still in your inventory?

No Primo is not the reason.

Not counting Jen, are you sure you found all the townfolk who are afflicted?

Knox's patient. The guard at Oldgate Close. The Clockmaker. The sewer worker in Sewer 1. The sewer worker at Wharfside. Basso's neighbor.

Spoiler was a little behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    there are two of them, you need to get the Blacksmiths shop, via the
    spoiler:
    sewers

then you have a few more weapons the just a sword...

biker
    I know but where is that sewer entrance I don't even have a sword yet..just some rope,standard and water arrows. After looking in that crypt I better have more than that. And who ever saw a brightly lit crypt ? Oh well, hence the challenge
    Last edited by Lightningline; 24th Dec 2007 at 15:31.

Oh lord tBM, I have a weird thing to put on the plate.

spoiler:
    I wanted to eat it myself. :P

Lightningline......
    spoiler:
    Get to the sewers, start at the judges place, go from there. You have to rope arrow to get into the judges places, then get to the sewers, that way.

Thankyou..I just went in his window...

Well, yes, still have to get up there to get in that window.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2 View Post
    Catherdral
    spoiler:
    Look up, rope arrow, not in the tower though. It's quite a cool little maze
    Regarding this: You actually can rope arrow from within the bell tower. This is how I got up there. I didn't find out about the trap doors until later. The trick: you use 2 rope arrows, one on the (low) right side to climb 1/3 way up, the other on the (high) left side to climb past the broken ladder and through the niche. To reach the high rope, you have to jump from rope #1 to rope #2. When you said "maze", I thought you meant this 2-rope-arrow puzzle. Then I saw the trap door and thought it was the way out, except I couldn't actually get out of it, and it just lead right back to the cathedral, anyway, haha.
    Last edited by demagogue; 24th Dec 2007 at 16:20.

Of course it does. Remember Brother Martinus?

By the way. Congratulations. Getting up past the ladder with ropes is a real trick. Due to the construction of the upper tower it is nearly impossible with ordinary techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    Of course it does. Remember Brother Martinus?

By the way. Congratulations. Getting up past the ladder with ropes is a real trick. Due to the construction of the upper tower it is nearly impossible with ordinary techniques.
    spoiler:
    I thought it was the way to...when I see wood I can't help but think "Rope Arrow" I made it after lots of reloads. The trick was to put one in the lower wood just above the ladder and stand against the wall and shoot one straight up to some wood way up against the wall then climb as far as the ladder , move it and jump over to the other rope. I wouldn't really consider this a spoiler since it isn't supposed to be possible. Luck I guess.

The banned user, not the game
    i am still on day one,i only need one more objective to complete the day

where is the sisters stone key?

i am playing on expert
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

Search carefully the room where was the Sister (Maya) from whom you grabbed the heart.

Lady Rowena's comment above is something to be taken seriously.

Not the specifics, but go slow, search WELL every nook and cranny. There are more surprises and delights in this mission than you can imagine.

If you try to rush through it you will not make it without asking for help every 5 minutes.

This truly is one of those "Pay attention in class children" missions. The clues, solutions, and equipment are all there. You just need to "See" them. Which means, look, listen, think.