TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    What to do with the holy hammer and am I supposed to go to the Mechs on night one?
    The Holy hammer need to be placed on the altar in the Hammerite Church where Brother Martello (Was it him) is patrolling.

The Mechanist building you will have to go to afterwards to get Basso.

I seem to be a little late, but still let me thank for this nice set of missions! Playing them right now.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    What to do with the holy hammer and am I supposed to go to the Mechs on night one?

Your questions have been answered, but learn to read the objectives before you start, after you start, and frequently while you play.

Also start reading and re-reading the material you find. The diaries of Malthus gave you the answer to your question.

On Day 1: How am I supposed to leave the crypt area? It's nót the way I got in ...
    Please help?!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria
    at a certain point there is a
    spoiler:
    hole in the wall which looks the water. In front of the hole there is a flare on the ground, and a sharp slope. Go up there.

Thank you só much Lady Rowena for the quick answer I nearly went mad!
    Again: MY COMPLIMENTS ON THIS GREAT FM!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

`Lady Rowena, I've been there already. It's just brings me back to the
    spoiler:
    elevator part.

I need another hint about how to leave this whole cryptarea ....

Gloria Creep

Gloria, keep exploring the area, you'll find your way out, just keep exploring. There is something you need that is close in that area. Have patience, just keep going.

BrokenArts, stop teasing me I've explored this whole environment until I dropped. I just don't know what you mean. I checked my inventory if there was something I could use ....

Gloria Creep

Like BA said Gloria. If you got out of the crypt, Turn the power on then use the elevator. Pay attention to the buttons.

You are in the home stretch, you'll make it through. But now is the time to move slowly and be sure to check every inch of every room or area before you move on.

If you have examined the barracks and the library, then remember fireplaces are always a good place to check for goodies and other interesting things.

Lady Rowena, thanks for the quick response! I was thinking the meat leg was for the monkey. I need to give that little guy something, but what?? Hope this question is not a spoiler-I don't know how to hide text. Thanks.

Thanks Taffers, I'm on my way again (for now ).
    I can't believe I missed that
    spoiler:
    second safe place in the bedroom.

That's why I didn't understand: I checked out all of these other places ...

Gloria Creep

Gloria, I thought that you were in the crypt.
    Did you get the
    spoiler:
    Book o Prophecies?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    Lady Rowena, thanks for the quick response! I was thinking the meat leg was for the monkey. I need to give that little guy something, but what?? Hope this question is not a spoiler-I don't know how to hide text. Thanks.

You can use the SPOILER by clicking on the BIG BLUE S. That will set up a line for you to type in or, you can do it manually by using {SPOIL} TEXT {/SPOIL} but use the [ ] instead of the { } so it's What you want to say hidden.

Use a QUOTE reply to any item with a spoiler in it. And you can see the code in the Quoted material. If you don't want to reply after you've read it, then just use the back arrow to get back to the thread. That will cancel the "reply" window, and any entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    To hide the text: hightlight the text, then click on the big S above. I hope that I made myself clear.

For the monkey:
    spoiler:
    look in your inventory for something that she may like. If you don't have anything, then you missed something in the zones that you have already visited.

Heh Heh Gloria you............
    spoiler:
    Doughnut

That "Basso part" worked out fine for me. He gets home safely.
    it's just his key: I can't pick the key he's wearing.
    Is it of any importance?

What do I have to do next?

Gloria Creep

Never mind, I found M's place and took care of her.
    Just: The "neutralize" objective doesn't tick off.
    Perhaps when I'm at the end.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 26th Dec 2007 at 23:45. Reason: I found it

Thats Basso's key. Don't know what left you have to do Gloria, what do your objectives say?

I just finished this masterpiece, and I'm more than a little impressed!
    Truly excellent work, Lady Rowena! This is clearly one of the best FMs I've ever played.

Also, I'd like to report that the disclaimed about custom object packs is, fortunately, not true. This mission plays flawless with my current version of the EP installed. I didn't have a single crash or issue (though I wish you hadn't included so many original textures, and, worse still, models and textures from the old EP demo that have much better versions now, and which I'd rather forget existed. )

I mostly preferred Nights One and Two, which had plenty of places to explore, and some interesting and unusual gameplay (curing the plague victims). Did anyone else manage to cure everyone in Night Two using only one holy water flask and two water arrows?
    It really needs some system to make the rope arrows fall down rather than break if you shoot them into non-sticking terrain though. I had to reload countless times after breaking my rope arrows on seemingly-wooden surfaces.

I felt that Night Three sorely lacked readables, after the great abundance of good ones in the first two Nights. I also found some of the enemies there to be quite frustrating, particularly the small black cobra creatures, who made such a loud sound when blackjacked that they alerted the entire area.
    Incidenally, is it supposed to possible to open the spider cages by frobbing them, rather than using the levers? I could also do the same with the large sewer portcullis by the West Gate in Night One - forgot to test it in Night Two.

Major spoiler, only read after you've finished this campaign:
    spoiler:
    I especially liked the morally difficult ending, did anyone else feel guilty on their trip back to Jenni and Basso's, and feel like just sinking their head when they asked you to tell them what happened?

Rope arrows always break or disappear when fired into non wood surfaces. They always have. You can, however, use them just like a Broadhead, if you run short of BH.

I always test a seemingly wood surface with broadhead first if I am unsure of the texture. If the broadhead sticks so will a Ropearrow.

Just because something has always been done doesn't mean that it needs to always be done.
    I colour the world with the hues of my madness.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    Rope arrows always break or disappear when fired into non wood surfaces. They always have. You can, however, use them just like a Broadhead, if you run short of BH.

In this mission pack I always save before fireing a rope arrow except for one time which leads to this.

I always test a seemingly wood surface with broadhead first if I am unsure of the texture. If the broadhead sticks so will a Ropearrow.
    Save before fireing rope arrows. I learned the hard way a few times in mission 1

Ya want to here something cool...I was on that barrel in a well in mission 2 and I shot a rope arrow up to the woden beam and missed..I was upset because I haden't saved for awhile and I hate to loose an arrow but I went to fire another one and I saw the one I thought I lost come back down and it stuck in the ground outside the well... Lost arrow saved !! That is the first time I have ever lost sight of my rope arrow and still got it back. But if you here a clink it just goes through something it is gone. Bye Bye rope arrow.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 26th Dec 2007 at 21:36.

NV
    Thank you for the compliments! I am very happy that you liked it!

About the EP, I am surprised, TNT reported a crash while playing Night Three. Maybe it was just a random thing, I suppose. Most of your obejct were part of the very first release of the EP or even previous releases.

About the cages and porticullis....you are making me shiver....I HAD fixed them....now I have the doubt to have released a not fixed version of the missions....which I made TWO times during the betatest....I will check them again.

spoiler:
    I especially liked the morally difficult ending, did anyone else feel guilty on their trip back to Jenni and Basso's, and feel like just sinking their head when they asked you to tell them what happened?
    I don't understand this one....I bet that it's supposed to be ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Just because something has always been done doesn't mean that it needs to always be done.

True, but arrows do break. And even broadheads will when fired into steel or stone.

Making all arrows of those types retrieveable is a bit silly, although in many cases *broadheads into wood* you can retrieve them. In fact if you do it right you can sucker a AI into shooting at you and if you put yourself in the right place, can use the arrows they shot at you by picking them out of the timbers near you.

I've done it many times, in fact in this mission in the pagan forest, you can collect 20 to 50 broadheads from the guards if you do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    I don't understand this one....I bet that it's supposed to be ironic?
    No, I'm being quite serious. (Again, major spoiler): You have a bit of a moral dilemma: in order to save the world, and a lot of lives, you have to kill a completely innocent little 7-year old girl, made the worse by having witnessed her family mourning her disappearance in Night One.
    Would you feel happy to do it? Would you become a murderer by trading the life of one innocent person to save the lives of many? And could you face her family afterwards and tell them what you'd done? (Not that Garrett would, probably.)

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    True, but arrows do break. And even broadheads will when fired into steel or stone.
    I know. I just mentioned it here since rope arrows are in quite short supply at the start of each mission, and there are a lot of wood-like textures that are not actually wood, causing you to waste your rope arrows. Being able to retrieve rope arrows that are shot into stone might not be realistic, but it would improve gameplay in this case.

Also, why do so many FMs seem to have mini-broadheads that are only about half the proper length and don't fit into the bow properly?