TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 226 123456111621263136414651101 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Why don't we have one of these for T1/2 Dromed?

Post about what you're working on right this second! No long term plans, goals, or aspirations here; but if you've got dromed open and feel like talking about what you've got on your screen right this second, now's the time.

It's keys keys keys for me. It's been a long time since all of the keys in the mission were placed, and the doors set up for them, and alot has changed since then. It's time to go through and make sure everything still works, still makes sense, and fix what doesn't. I've already found a few problems, and doubt they're the last. The worst part is tracking down all of the keys that belong to AIs to make sure those are working right too. Setting the sim time to x30 and watching for broken patrols is fun! Gah, who the hell set this up the first time through? Oh, right... I did.

I have Bane III - Temple of Eternal Agony opened and I'm staring at a bunch of cliffs in a valley that I've retextured three times so far and I'm still not happy with them. They don't give the correct feeling I'm aiming for....yet!
    I'll probably end up tearing the cliffs down and starting over again. It's not what I'd envisioned.
    Overall I'd say that it's a typical dromeding moment.

Immortal
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

I am toying with an idea for the next FM. I was just wondering why I can't lengthen the frobbing distance of an object, while I can easily shorten it. Maybe I will ask the proper way at the forum.

Part 1 of my next project, "Opportunity Knocks." The above will be a very small intro mission. Tudor textures by Thorin, ground textures by me.

Pretty damn spiffy Sly!

Lady Rowena - I believe that an object's scale also affects the frob distance. I never experimented with it, but I think that a large object that has been scaled down to half size will have a longer frob distance than an object that's half the size naturally and not scaled at all. Usually this is a reason to avoid scaling objects like that, but in your case maybe it will do the trick? (Though minimum frob distance is also effected!)

Or am I nuts? Also, effect? affect? Damn english.

I am also wondering how people feel about doors that have no key, but are pickable.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    I am also wondering how people feel about doors that have no key, but are pickable.
    They wouldn't think twice about it!
    It's completely natural to assume that the person who has the key isn't present at the location at present.

Immortal

I finally set on a name for my FM, "Under a Watchful Eye." I'm trying to squeeze a lil' Dromeding in before I go to work in an hour. Today's agenda: stairs, stairs, and more stairs.

I'm kind of worried about brush count. It's up to 507 (including 10 or so objects/room brushes) and I'm maybe 1/10 finished.

<xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

Classical Master 2008
    Turning images from CGTextures into texture families and having problems with tiling some otherwise good-looking brick textures. The stained glass I've got looks great, though. Also, making architectural sketches whenever an idea strikes me.

i'm currently working on three new missions: Love Story 5 which may or may not have two parts to it, a large mansion mission, and a jailbreak mission which takes place after LS4 but isn't part of the series.

This is a screenshot of the mansion mission. I haven't commited to the textures yet. I did this in about three days, so it will be ready in about 7 days to 6 months.

Ataricom, nice architeture but to decrease the polycounts you can try reversing all the solid brush into air brush, i usually do this when necessary.. it's more easy when the design is simple like in the room you showed.

John it's a very nice mansion... i love mansion's missions.. can't wait to see it ALIVE.

btw wonderfull thread, but what i could show ? actually i can't simple because i'm going to ultimate the very last thingy of Flying age... may be when (within a week or two) i will re-bring HOC2 i will post something to listen some advices... (always welcome)

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    to decrease the polycounts you can try reversing all the solid brush into air brush
    You mean, carve steps out of a solid brush instead of making steps out of individual solid brushes?

Quote Originally Posted by ataricom View Post
    You mean, carve steps out of a solid brush instead of making steps out of individual solid brushes?
    ..yes of course... you don't like the idea ?

It just seems like more work. Never really given it much thought, honestly.
    <xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

Quote Originally Posted by ataricom View Post
    It just seems like more work. Never really given it much thought, honestly.
    but it really decrease the polycount... anyhow i said: you can try.. but only if you would !

More work is worth it for less polys, if you need to lower the count in that room.

No Dromed for me the last few days, been catching up on the latest releases. Got to play through the new Alpha of Sliptip's First Project last night (he rebuilt it from scratch), and I find it absolutely impossible to believe it's the Dark engine, but it is... it feels like Thief 3 but looks even better. Today I've been enjoying Night One of The Seven Sisters and think it's going to get my vote for mission of the year if the next two nights are as good! Lady Rowena, your storytelling and design (both gameplay and architecture) are among the best of the best!

Sometimes i think that Sliptip is a Wizard of the Dromed.
    I'm really curious to see that thing

You could also reduce your brush count by combining textures like those on the steps, then use one brush instead of two.

I think Sliptip and a few others are the only ones to have Dromed Pro.

I dabbled with getting back to an old project only to find out that it crashes during optimization. So I guess I'll have to go through the whole thing with me-only area brushes tracking down the sources of the crash and vetting them. So I did that for a little while. There is a number of them. Even using area brushes, though, it's still not easy to track them all down. But I can't really do anything else until it's back in the clear.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
    Last edited by demagogue; 27th Dec 2007 at 00:10. Reason: added screenshot

turning this photo

into a useable texture for a door knocker.

Once I get rid of distortion/shadows I'll have to work on the colors.

Then I'll build a low poly model around it.

Oh, Schwaa reminded me of something else I could be showing off.
    I've also started making some objects.
    Here's my lute so far.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Edit: Right now I'm working on the inlay for the fretboard. I had to fix the source photo to get rid of the strings and awful background in it, but keep the pattern. As soon as I did that, I slapped it on the model quickly just to get the idea and took the screenshot. I still need to lengthen it, turn that generic black texture into a black wood texture, and play with the contrast and color to make it look a little more worn and aged.
    Last edited by demagogue; 27th Dec 2007 at 00:11. Reason: changed the screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I think Sliptip and a few others are the only ones to have Dromed Pro.
    haha nice one ...do you think they have payed someone from the old TLG's crew to modify the dromed into one SPECIAL EDITION ?heheh

hey that Lute is amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    Sometimes i think that Sliptip is a Wizard of the Dromed.
    I'm really curious to see that thing
    Thanks! I'm trying hard to get it to beta soon!

I'm working on the voice acting tonight and I gotta tell you, I feel like a massive nerd (Sitting here in my apartment reading dialogue into the mic)

haha i know that feeling...

The EP, though I got more than a bit distracted by playing Lady Rowena's excellent campaign the last two days.

Apple, revision #5004 (well, it feels like it)

Page 1 of 226 123456111621263136414651101 ... LastLast