TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I needed wanted a few funerary object loot items. This is the first. The dagger and sheath are separate objects. Another version has both as one.

Inspiration
    Attachment 423

Perspiration
    Attachment 422
    I'm amazed at all these custom assets you are making for your mission - is it going to be completely custom from top to bottom?

@SneakyJack:

A. I get tired of seeing all the same stuff in FMs, and I figure others do too.
    2. There is precious little Keeper-esque stuff in the OMs
    III. There are precious few LC artifacts (tables, chairs, etc.) in the OMs
    d. My first mission needs both
    v. I like making objects. I find it fun and relaxing.

The second mission in the campaign does not need the Keeper or LC stuff, but I could not resist adding in a few things that I have always wanted to see in City missions.

I am trying for a T1 feel using DromEd2 and T2 assets which means importing and upgrading or creating new.
    Last edited by LarryG; 11th Mar 2010 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Two of the last custom objects for a while, I think - this should get me most of the stuff I need until I get into a couple of unique quest items.
    Interesting sometimes how "a while" turns out to be about 6 days. Now I'm working on 4 custom quest items: a statue, an ornate box and jewel, a metal-clasped locked book, and a matching ornate key for it... screenshots will follow when they're presentable

Classical Master 2008
    Beautiful work! It is not easy to create custom assets which do not look out of place in the Dark engine, but you consistently manage to pull it off. Really, this is great.

DarkMax, that dragon dropped my jaw...

New Flinderizing Banners

Here are a couple of flinderizing banners. Maybe one or two more to go. Sorry for the darkness of the shots.
    AnKnotBan..jpg
    AnDKnotBan..jpg

The banner pole looks very primitive and low-poly. It would be nice if we had updated banner models...

Hey, don't look at me like that!

Another shot about "a visit for the knights"
    Last edited by DarkMax; 16th Mar 2010 at 19:31.

Precursor style footlocker

Lock: mostly thanks to Eshaktaar. Some remodeling and retexturing, but mostly his.
    Footlocker: new geom & textures with some reuse of EP textures (the metal reinforcing)
    AnFoorLocker..jpg

Thats a really good looking footlocker, but it doesn't scream precursor to me.

Taking the precursors to be more-or-less ancient Egyptian or Mayan in inspiration, there seems to be too much modern-looking metalwork on the edges. What about a footlocker that looks roughly carved from one piece of wood, with hieroglyphs etc carved into it, or an inlaid bronze pattern? Or even built of solid stone (though that may look ridiculously impractical in a non-coffin situation)?

I agree with nicked, the footlocker is really nice, but the style of the metalwork doesn't seem very "precursory". I'm not sure I'd go with the idea of a single-piece, "dugout" locker, though. If they knew how to smelt and forge metal, they'd have the nails to piece together a box out of several boards.

Better?
    AnFootLkrM..jpg

Awesome! That looks like it belongs in a museum!

At the moment I'm trying to un-square my mission for the contest. It's difficult since I don't have much space. Well... it will be somewhat square in the end, but maybe not as much as my first one. You live - you learn.

The new one looks very LC-like, Larry, I love it! And if you put a more standard lockbox on the first one, it would make a great new typical footlocker as well.

I spent a chunk of yesterday writing, testing, and tinkering around with a lockable light switch tutorial on the dromesday book. I think the system I describe, reverse engineered from Mission X and cleaned up a bit, is reliable - It Works For Me, anyway. Hopefully it's got enough detail in there for others to follow.

Most free time the last month has been spent completing the church base for DCE. Here's a new shot of the front entrance:

I still have a lot of work to do inside.

Gee Russ. For a young buck you do nice work.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    I second that ! Wow Yandros, now that is some great Work ! Eye Candy indeed !

Looking awesome, Yandros! How far along are things with DCE now?

Thanks, but I give Polygon most of the credit for that architecture. I did retexture it though.
    As for progress, we're still working on finalizing the base missions, so it's probably at least a year off still.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    As for progress, we're still working on finalizing the base missions, so it's probably at least a year off still.
    Heyho, I'm sure it'll be worth waiting for!

Im reworking an old mission of mine I did years ago, focusing a little more on gameplay this time It is my first FM.

New Locking Chest

I've been working on this new locking chest on and off for the past day or so, trying to get the handles put on. 3ds->bin has no problem if it is without the handles, but with them (see Anim8or snap) it chokes, despite the fact that they do not interfere in any way with the motion of sub-objects about the joints. Without the handles, it converts to bin just fine and everything (lock & hinged lid) works great in DromEd. But those blasted handles are giving me fits. I may just leave them off and move on to other things, but I really like the look with the handles. Sigh.

GilgaChestOpen..jpg
    GilgaChestClosed&#46.jpg
    Anam8orGilgaChest.jpg

PS The mosaics are mostly from images of The Standard of Ur, an artifact that seems to have been purely decorative in intent, but not entirely from that source. The shape of the chest is thanks to an ivory chest I found via google. I'm still debating if I want to add legs to the chest ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    ... And if you put a more standard lockbox on the first one, it would make a great new typical footlocker as well.
    I may do that, but I don't think the stained pattern on the wood is right for that. I may try for hammerite symbology on one version and and mechanist on another ... we'll see. Thanks for the complements!
    Last edited by LarryG; 19th Mar 2010 at 21:37.

Make sure to try 0000 for the lock joint, e.g. @x00aa0000 - it's less likely to cause atomic split errors.

Page 104 of 229 FirstFirst ... 454596469747984899499100101102103104105106107108109114119124129134139144149154204 ... LastLast