TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

As an additional preview/recommendation, I'm using one of Nielsen's columns on the gazebo in DCE:

(click to enlarge)

That has quite an ugly visible seam on it.

Yes, I never looked into whether that's the texture I'm using or Nielsen's mapping of the replace texture.

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    Those will do nicely I think.
    And someone already had the idea to make them bulge
    Last edited by Xorak; 18th Dec 2010 at 23:55. Reason: I'm behind the times

I decided that the EP sword needed a scabbard. I hope no one minds.

sw2scabbard..jpg

If you reduce the stitchings to a minimum, I won't mind. But this won't be used on AIs anway, will it?

Rob and I sent the full church base to a couple of testers yesterday. Huzzah!

After a little long time, i returned to dromed and work with the second part of "the DarkStone Gem" campaign...

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Wow Max, that looks great ! You have a natural gift for a dark flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    If you reduce the stitchings to a minimum, I won't mind.
    Seriously? You object to the decorative stitching on the outside of the sheath? You weren't seeing the back side, the side against the leg. Here it is. Like the functional stitching?

sw4scabbard..jpg

And here are a couple of the front side variants. First, a plain, undecorated sheath, and second, one with decorative bosses. This last also exhibits a less flashy guard and hilt, more suitable to someone who wishes to remain unnoticed in shadows.

sw3scabbard..jpg
    sw5scabbard..jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    But this won't be used on AIs anway, will it?
    Not by me, at least not right away. But who knows how other folk will use it once I release it? Why?

I've been building lots of architecture the last month, but it's still unlit and only quickly textured, so there's not much to show (unless you like looking at flat undecorated stuff), but here's a hint to what it looks like:
    Last edited by qolelis; 22nd Dec 2010 at 15:03. Reason: Just added a very short word...

Is that a collector tower at the top of the image? Besides that I see round rooms with lots of tunnels and archways. Good luck with the textures

Classical Master 2008
    Definitely a CollTower.

Signs you are dromeding too much, 353.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Is that a collector tower at the top of the image?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul
    Good luck with the textures
    Set_grid makes the texturing easier in a lot of cases - for example the 8-sided rooms can be texture aligned all the way around without seams. The rotated archways can become a problem, but I think the room brushing will become even more of a problem (I fear that the texturing will be quite easy in comparison).

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    The rotated archways can become a problem
    I might be able to cover a problematic archway with an object archway without a physics model and then use the hidden terrain archway as a kind of physics model stand-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Rob and I sent the full church base to a couple of testers yesterday. Huzzah!
    Awesome! I really can't wait to see that church.

New book art for use by library staff when checking out books in circulation.

BookCardBookArt..jpg

That library book is 15 years overdue!

No. That one is on permanent loan. This one is overdue!

BookCardBookArt2..jpg

Edit: And don't get after me about their system for keeping track of books in circulation. I don't understand it either. I fell asleep halfway through the 2nd page!

LibraryCircSyst..jpg

Edit the 2nd: But I do learn such fascinating stuff from Keeper libraries that I never would learn anywhere else I'm sure ...

WoodRails..jpg
    Last edited by LarryG; 24th Dec 2010 at 12:14.

Those new ledgers look nice, though I don't think you should use the @ symbol.

Also:

Those new ledgers look nice, though I don't think you should use the @ symbol.
    I debated that. I think you're right now.
    Also:
    theWhat..jpg

I'm missing your point of the underline, though. The system is real. The spelling is correct.
    One of the most important product advancements ever developed here at Gaylord was the Model C Book Charger. Introduced in 1930, it was the first mechanized circulation control system. Libraries around the world relied on the Gaylord Book Charger to facilitate accurate and economic control of their book circulation.
    Edit: and the Demco System is real too.
    The company profile includes statistics on the DEMCO system. A brief history of DEMCO may also be found along with highlights of the cooperative during the previous year.
    Last edited by LarryG; 24th Dec 2010 at 12:55.

Classical Master 2008
    Gaylord also manufactures rather good protective sleeves for books. I own a few second-hand books that have them, and they are perfect even though the books themselves are 50-60 years old now.

A new beat-up cash box for Xmas. Just what I wanted!

CashBox..jpg

Insides:

dump011..jpg
    Last edited by LarryG; 25th Dec 2010 at 23:44.

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    A short little update on my work:

about halfway to the end of the building. I wish there were higher brush limits. I'm going to have to cut some parts of the mission out. I haven't even yet started detailing the second part of the level and I'm already anxious about using up all the area brushes. Although it is also a relief to have the end in sight. Also, without any textures and any objects or characters I'm up to about 700 polygons. Not sure if that is bad or good. It's a rooftop mission, and I'm trying hard to keep the polys in check but also produce some decent views.

@LarryG:
    Are you sure you're not some kind of objectmanufacturing machine? You get them out faster than I can comment

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    Also, without any textures and any objects or characters I'm up to about 700 polygons. Not sure if that is bad or good.
    700 sounds good and I don't think you have to worry about reducing the poly count. I have spots in my city/rooftop mission where the polycount goes up to 900 and my (4 years) old machine can still handle it.

I have some great reading in front of me:

The left one is a sort of thesaurus over urban designs starting with the Middle Ages and the renaissance, and all the way to the early twentieth century. The right one contains mostly drawings of building details like buttresses, chimneys, arches, gardens, stairs, dormers, fountains etc... etc... I can fully recommend both of them.

Edit:
    These books are both from Dover Publications, by the way.

Edit 2:
    Left book: The American Vitruvius An Architect's Handbook of Urban Design by Werner Hegemann and Elbert Peets
    Right book: Pictorial Encyclopedia of Historic Architectural Plans, Details and Elements by John Theodore Haneman
    Last edited by qolelis; 3rd Jan 2011 at 04:33.

Page 138 of 222 FirstFirst ... 38889398103108113118123128133134135136137138139140141142143148153158163168173178183188 ... LastLast