TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

At the moment I don't have the time to do much work - I shouldn't have done this, too

I'm really missing nice tress (and some variation) in DarkProjekt or maybe I haven't found them - if you know nice tree models please tell me.

But whatever here is the latest work

This is a tree model with replacement textures - 4 different bark and leaf textures (= 16 different combinations)

Coming up
    -More trees I think about 8 different types some with lower polys and some with more polys divided into 2 models.
    More math: 8 types * 4 barks * 4 leafs = 128 variations
    -and a few fences and railing but I'm still looking for nice textures

Here a little preview of 2 types

As I said I don't have much time atm but maybe I can release some of the models on Sunday in a little demo mission.
    If you are interested in one of the models posted above PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraan View Post
    At the moment I don't have the time to do much work - I shouldn't have done this, too.
    Delete them before someone finds out! (Also, very nice objects)

I sometimes think that the motto of game developers should be "Our job is to stop you doing your job".

I've just written a tutorial for the 3 cylinders trick. Now all that's left is to put it in Dromesday Book format.
    edit: done: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138473 (please post your comments in that thread because this one's big enough)
    Last edited by R Soul; 27th Feb 2012 at 20:10.

Quote Originally Posted by scarykitties View Post
    I like your use of fog to obscure the vision in that snow scene. That's what I would do in a similar case--it really brings in the claustrophobia that can happen when the snow is thick in the air.
    Let's just say that i have some experience how claustrophobic it feels, so i know what it should look like, which really helps me building it =P
    to be exact, i almost froze to death in same weather conditions in real life, but that's a long story

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I'm working on AI skins again.
    My work on Rocksbourg 1 and 2 was a little too rough, basicaly I was just playing with contrast and saturation. Now that I have some experience and know some tricks, I decided to entirely redo them for my next missions. I think it's worth it

Original :

Rocksbourg 1 & 2 :

Rocksbourg 4 :

Also, I'm roombrushing the mission, so much fun...

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Also, I'm roombrushing the mission, so much fun...
    Looks pretty kickass, Drk! Nice and gritty.

Also, yeah- roombrushing sucks. Definitely my least favorite part.

Classical Master 2008
    I don't know what makes roombrushing such a chore for some people. For me, it was always this one- or two-day breather at the end of a long, long building process. It can be done very quickly for most environments.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    What about room brushing at the very beginning and using them to build your level? Then building the terrain inside the fleshed out room brushes.

Classical Master 2008
    Would require abstraction skills on a very high level to think about a level that way.

(Although Rocksbourg 1 used an amazingly low amount of room brushes - something like five or six? I still don't understand how it works.)

I always add the room brush immediately after creating the airbrush, so it has never been a chore for me.

Roombrushing is one of the few things I don't miss about dromed.
    I don't miss it because I still do it.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    I don't know what makes roombrushing such a chore for some people.
    Simple : with all the weird angles, the organic architecture, the compact areas and the large amount of nooks and crannies, my fms are a real torture to roombrush.
    I started 1 week ago, I barely finished half of it...

With rocksbourg 1, I just gave up and put a few large roombrushes. Hence why the guards are on cafeine.

And I can't build roombrush right after the airbrush, because it keeps changing : I always add ventilation shafts, rooms to visit, access to roof and such, things which weren't planned at first but really add to exploration. Comes to think of it, I never plan anything on dromed, it's all vaguely in my head. I prefer to wait I have finished the whole architecture before to roombrush.
    Last edited by DrK; 10th Mar 2012 at 08:34.

Room brushing can be quite a pain for me too. With my city missions, like "Unknown Treasure" and the fourth mission in TROTB 2, "A City with Problems", I have to be very careful not to have some of the outside room brushes touching the inside ones, especially with stairways. Then the fun part is finding the parts of open areas I missed, using the "show_bad_rooms" command in game mode.

Fun fun fun.

I did a bunch of portraits a while back for something else, but I thought these ones had a kind of Thief vibe to them, so feel free to use them in any FM capacity you wish.

I may do more paintings specifically with Thief in mind - Hammerites, Mechanists, Noblemen etc... If anyone is in need of something more specific for their FM, then feel free to hit me up. I have little inclination of ever opening up DromEd again, but maybe I can keep my hand in the pot in other ways.

Hey those are really cool - they look like portraits of some evil, corrupt constantly-bickering family that you'd find dotted around a mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdrop View Post
    I did a bunch of portraits a while back for something else, but I thought these ones had a kind of Thief vibe to them, so feel free to use them in any FM capacity you wish.
    The first one immediately made me think of Stratford Johns but then another face keeps popping up although I can't identify it. Very nice.

Woah, you did those yourself, gumdrop? Those look absolutely amazing! How did you do it?!

Those are amazing, Tim! And really good to see you back haunting these passages again.

Really nice pictures but I could swear I have seen them before.
    Please tell me you uploaded them somewhere else. (or else I'm just going to be like this -> )

And about my work until the 18th I have much work to do.
    So between the 19th and the 25th you will definitely hear from me.

I found a nice way to bring more depth into (scaled down and blurry) images so I will redo everything I have

Cheers, dudes. Glad you like 'em.

Nickie: Not Stratford Johns (the Z Cars dude?), but the basis for the painting was an actor. Can't remember his name though.

Scarykitties: Just some fairly quick speedpaints done in photoshop.

Yandros: Thanks. Feels weird to be in these hallowed halls again - particularly as the grand marnier keg seems to have been moved. I can't find it anywhere!

Daraan: The only places I've uploaded them is to my sketch-blog, and to a thread on a Dragonlance forum... they were originally paintings of book characters.

Unfortunately, I got rid of all my old backup discs with lots of half built missions and projects, so I'm unable to donate them to the community. I did find a WIP texture set for anyone who wants it. I no longer have the .PSD files with all the layer attributes, but you could easily expand the set by searching through the medieval brick textures over at cgtextures for the original images.

I'm still digging, so if I find any more I'll be sure to post 'em.

Clearinghouse
    Those look absolutely cool, gumdrop!

You is the author of this art?

Last edited by Yandros; 12th Mar 2012 at 23:52.

Scarykitties: Just some fairly quick speedpaints done in photoshop which is easy when you're insanely talented.
    You forgot a few words there, I added them in for you.

Yandros: Thanks. Feels weird to be in these hallowed halls again - particularly as the grand marnier keg seems to have been moved. I can't find it anywhere!
    It's in the back room by the bourbon, lad. I'll slip you the key later.

Clearing: Thanks. Yes, that's one of mine.
    Yandros: You are too kind. You got the insane part right though. Nice flooded area too.

Here's another WIP set I found, for anyone that wants it. Again, you can always expand it by finding the original textures at cgtexures.

jay a few hours free time (well not really)

so a small last appetizer before the release(still a long way to go ):
    A big autumn tree

Click to enlarge
    (built with 4 models: 3 trunks +leaves)

the textures of the branches ( 2 submodels) can be replaced so there are different combinations possible.
    Like this:

Click to enlarge
    _________

For the other models this was nearly no problem - but as you might now - DromEd sometimes messes up the fore/background rendering and for this/these model(s) it's really a bit annoying.

If you don't know what I mean look at this screen.

Click to enlarge

The branches which are actually before the tree are rendered behind it.
    Is there a way to fix or at least minimize this problem? (I don't want to start a discussion here so I will open a thread about this tomorrow - expect someone explains it into one single post...)

No need for a new thread, it's a simple engine bug that can't be worked around to my knowledge. It would require an update to the Dark engine to fix it.

Page 168 of 222 FirstFirst ... 68118123128133138143148153158163164165166167168169170171172173178183188193198203208213218 ... LastLast