TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

And I unashamedly stole it from the Fabians. I think we put it to better use.

Making of M.S. Gold - Rust.
    The fourth mission.

Very nice! It's cool to see the progression. It looks like it's going to have a great ambiance!

Today I was working on the attic of Christine's manor, which I'm using for the Halloween contest. Below you can find one "before" and two "after" screenshots of Christine's manor:

My next step will be to rework the cellar of Christine's manor (e.g. adding a scuttle, turning all the sleeping quarters into an actual storage cellar, etc.).

Just got past the 3,000 terrain brushes mark, so I thought posting a picture would be appropriate.
    Sadly it's game mode so no shiny ddfix magic. I still have a lot of things to do in this area and the polycount gets skyhigh from the streets looking up.

(click to enlarge)

Very nice! Visually looks like an interesting mission is developing.

@intruder@skacky
    Awesome! All your screenshots are amazing *-* Canīt wait for it!

Hehe, that totally makes me think of Melan's missions, skacky! It's got the right colors, arch-shapes and verticality. Cool!

Nothing new here:
    I'm just plugging away as usual: fighting the damn limits, tweaking the architecture etc...

Thanks 3mdrin and Thor.
    I finished the street level and am almost done with this area (just need to add one or two areas you can climb up to, add AIs and of course roombrush the thing), so have two new pictures. No ddfix again, that'll wait. The polycount gets quite high but fortunately no big troubles. And yeah, you can climb really high.

(click to enlarge)

Awesome, skacky!
    Very dark, classic feel. I love it!

Clearinghouse
    Amazing screenshots, skacky

I can't wait to play this mission, skacky! Really awesome work!
    I caught myself thinking "yeah, a rope-arrow just here, then jumping over there..." while looking at your screenshot

TDP Mission

Not sure if I posted this before since it has been taking me forever to move this mission forward but here goes.

I am about 80-90% done with a TDP mission (a rare event these days). It will be a small city, caves, lots of jumping/climbing and like all my missions, all stock Thief stuff (textures, AI, etc.). I hope to have it released by the end of the year but real life does have a way of distracting your Dromed efforts.

BBB

Sounds great, bbb! Your missions are always a joy to play, and for TDP? That's really neat.
    If you ever need a beta-tester, I'm always here.

I'm almost done with my mission as well. Well, not quite yet, as I need to connect the city areas (and by the looks of it I can even make a small sewer section), add additional AIs, trolpoints, readables, ambient sounds, etc. I fought with Scene Complexity Too High but I managed to trick dromed so it doesn't pop up again. I must admit I went a bit overkill with the start area.

BBB:

Almost done, I just need to make the objectives, do some polish here and there and add a few last trolpts, and beta-testing should begin. Very. Soon.

Clearinghouse
    Great

incredible work,Skacky !

Very good, skacky. I hope your beta goes well.

I'm not doing anything on either the missions in my campaign or the locomotive demo at the moment. I'm stale and bummed out and turned off to them. I'll take a break and then we'll see.

Looks great skacky!

I've been making slow but steady progress on The Drymian Codex, I finished placing all loot last night and am now ready to go finish scripting conversations and objectives, a big cutscene or two, and the big endgame scenario. Then we'll finally be ready for Beta 1! I'm planning both a trailer/teaser and a briefing movie for the mission. In fact, Redface has already given me a couple of great original works for the briefing movie, which will be very much in the traditional LGS style.

Sounds like we're in for a real treat

Also, good luck with the conversations! I've spent the entire weekend working on scripted events and ingame cutscenes for my mission.

I remember someone warning me not to try underwater cutscenes in DromEd, but I had to try. And I succeeded.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing it.

Lately I've been working on some diving equipment that can be used by the player. So far I've got:

A diving helmet:
    * is attached to the player's face and thus visible
    * provides oxygen if worn by the player
    * makes breathing sounds if worn by the player

A harpoon with the following ammunition:
    * ordinary darts
    * charged darts
    * explosive darts
    * flare darts exploding into a sphere of flares (similar to a flare gun)

Like in real life, the harpoon has got a very limited range when used underwater. I also changed the ordinary flares. They will now also work in water and create a stream of air-bubbles when ignited.

This gives the player something to deal with sharks, crayman, gigant crabs, megalodons, and mechanist divers
    Last edited by intruder; 17th Aug 2012 at 19:07.

That sounds very interesting. Is that being done for a mission or are you working solely on the equipment?

Page 175 of 226 FirstFirst ... 75125130135140145150155160165170171172173174175176177178179180185190195200205210215220225 ... LastLast