TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 20 of 232 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425303540455055606570120 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    With the lighting, dunno why but I find this picture beautiful, quite artistic somehow.
    My picture?
    I just putted a torch in the air and maked it brighter, because it was hard to see
    the shape of the church with only light_brigt... xD

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    So what ? Your lighting really shows the volume of your building, and despite the lack of everything I find it very interesting. Too bad you put it randomly, it means you aren't as artistic as I thought you were...

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    So what ? Your lighting really shows the volume of your building, and despite the lack of everything I find it very interesting. Too bad you put it randomly, it means you aren't as artistic as I thought you were...

I hope that I can make a complete FM with it.
    But I'm a just a newbie yet, I can't even make objectives or make a button.
    Do you think I should stop working with my FM until I can more than building and using AI's?

Hi all,

just thought I'd put up some new screenies to show you that my mission 'Dateline Cicely' is still alive and developing by small increments.

Some of the textures and lighting are place holders at the moment, eg: the position of the diver pcx.

A couple from Project: Addiction (Real name soon).

HipBreaker's shots look very interesting, particularly the first one.

A week ago I was finally done with all the brushwork, it took me around seven months to get there (from brushwork-novice to something that actually looks like a house more than a random set of brushes), but now it's done I took a few days off and then I started the texturing phase, so that's what I'm doing right now. The most time is spent hunting down the right texture (I'm going to use only the stock ones for now). The second most time is spent aligning the textures.

Remembering the days of Doom-editing I guess I knew what I was getting myself into, but I had kind of forgotten how tedious texture aligning really was - and still is. It really makes a difference, but there are things more fun than texture aligning.

The best thing with texturing is that I finally get to see what everything really looks like after staring at Jorge for seven months.

The tediousness of texture-aligning in DromEd becomes even more apparent when you've used UnrealEd for as while.

Am I crazy in that I've sometimes found manually aligning lots of textures to be relaxing?

It's a clear goal, at least. Beats not being able to decide what to do next.

Classical Master 2008
    I always texture as soon as the brushes are in place, and tend to use input boxes instead of click-dragging. I always wondered how people can make really nice architecture all in jorge and only texture it later...

On topic, I am working on my contest mission, and am done with architecture (incl. texturing), objects and lights in two area brushes out of three, and began to lay out the third yesterday. I really like uncadonego's contest. The limits were stimulating, and the space you are allowed is huge. Actually, my problem is to avoid overbuilding and keep polygon count down. It is regularly at 5-600 and in some instances pushing 800 after optimalisation...

@Melan

Yeah I think way the area brushes are arranged is a great way of testing your ability to adapt! I'm nearly completely finished one of the areas (Inc AI, Lighting etc) and have just started brush and texturework on the second. I wonder how everyone else is getting on? I think uncadonego'll be posting some screenshots of everyone's missions soon. Should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    I always wondered how people can make really nice architecture all in jorge and only texture it later...
    Well, maybe my architecture really sucks and I just don't know it yet

I got used to Jorge after a while and began to appreciate its hidden qualities. I even miss Jorge now that I've started texturing

Hallo... well after the shock of the last mission from Eshaktaar i decided to move on...

here my last blast:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=B1eW_Aues-4

i get a little excited about it, i would to use it on HOC2, but i'm not really sure, cause it could be the source of many.. many.. problems..

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Holy s*** !

Hahah very cool Sterlino! . . .personally I can't wait to release my "Portable Teleport Pads" in Strain7. It's amazing how that kind of thing can alter the
    gameplay.

Strain7?

Very cool, sterlino! Love the FX too.

I've been working hard on DP2 the last couple of days. Finished up the ending at least as far as preBeta is concerned, been dropping in Sly's latest voicework and trying to complete the gameplay & scripting elements for the last bit I need to do before adding objectives for preBeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Strain7?
    KF3!

Oh, cool! Although personally I'd rather see FP first, but I won't complain about any new mission from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Oh, cool! Although personally I'd rather see FP first, but I won't complain about any new mission from you!
    Thanks! I haven't been able to touch Dromed for quite some time, and now I have a week off - I don't know which one to work on

I've finally worked up the courage to read up on Tellimeds and NV's custom scripts, and after reading them I'm sitting here thinking: "I've been Dromeding with one arm tied behind my back". I can't believe I didn't do this sooner!!

The Architect

Only about 10% of the things we do in MX are possible without custom scripts.

Welcome to the next level, Slip!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    Only about 10% of the things we do in MX are possible without custom scripts.
    Oh, I don't know... I think you'd be surprised.

But it's true enough considering the strict object limit that MX has to work with.

Congrats, Slip. I can't believe you pulled off KF2 without them!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    . . .Welcome to the next level, Slip!
    Indeed! Soooooooo many possibilities now. I also dl'd the "Fraps" software today - so here's a few samples. The first is a new weapon for Strain7 - made possible by NV's scripts! The rest are from The First Project

http://www.youtube.com/v/bSRSEWR93E8 . . .wow actutally the resolution is so low you can't really see much (but those are bombs, detonated with a remote detonator)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSzTmc3eu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F3T5_2idRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dydHehoa4c
    Last edited by Sliptip; 16th Jun 2008 at 00:14.

Clearinghouse
    Sterlino, Sliptip incredible

Page 20 of 232 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425303540455055606570120 ... LastLast