TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 228 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974124 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

The new water is beautiful (long overdue!), but I think I'm more excited about the plants in that pic!

Beautiful stuff there HB!

Well I've been fairly active lately on Strain7 (KF3). I've been flipping a lot between it and The First Project these past few months.

Here's some of the progression starting with a possible title screen. . .

The main city where you start off has many shops as well as 3 arenas where you can test out the new weapons and earn money and possibly start some side-quests. Here's some arena shots. . .

Here's some shots of one of the secret labs. . .

And finally here's what it looks like when a Hammerite is faced with futuristic weapons. . . Bad idea man! (I brought the gamsys file into the OM's for laughs)

Amazing!

Clearinghouse
    Cool, Sliptip

really impressive SlipTip

btw i don't understand the main plot of the project, it is a garret's mission ?
    or the player has a new character to play ?
    and the time is now, past or future ?

Yep it's a Garrett mission, and in the future! I don't want to say any more on it at this stage!

I know I've posted these elsewhere, but to prove my newbieness I only worked out how to stop perma-illuminating objects recently (yeah, I'm an idiot).

So, latest screenshots from my Opera House...

View from a box:

View inside the box:

Backstage:

A room somewhere else:

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    MARVELOUS !!!

I can't stop thinking about a System shock 2 atmosphere while looking at your screens. Sliptip, you're just unbelievable...

Burgundy, your screens are a little too dark for me. I can't see much.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Burgundy, your screens are a little too dark for me. I can't see much.
    Damn

I think I've hit the problem of a combination of rooms that are too large that the light radii would look a bit odd if made larger/brighter, and also that the screens are from rooms that are meant to be dim-lit But obviously not so dim that you can't actually see anything... on my side, it doesn't look too bad, but I shrank the picture to post here so that might have had an effect?

However, it does give me something to try and fix

Sliptip Shock

Burgundy, I think DrK was only referring to your screenshots, not the mission itself. If it looks good in game, then don't change a thing. By default screenshots dumped from game mode are very dark. I usually bump up the gamma before posting them for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Burgundy, I think DrK was only referring to your screenshots, not the mission itself. If it looks good in game, then don't change a thing. By default screenshots dumped from game mode are very dark. I usually bump up the gamma before posting them for this reason.
    Okay, I'll try lightening them a bit. They do look awfully darker than I remember in the screenshots.

Okay, lightened them a bit, I think they look a bit brighter and easier on the eyes. They're in the original post.

@Burgundy, the screenshots don't add the gamma correction you might use in-game, so tend to be darker than you see.

As for constructive advice, the bare walls could use wainscoting (or columns against the wall, something to break up the space) and the doors could use frames, and some of those inflated textures would look better at the smaller resolution. The theatre itself looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    @Burgundy, the screenshots don't add the gamma correction you might use in-game, so tend to be darker than you see.
    Thanks for the tip I relit these a bit in Photoshop after the first comment but I didn't realise that.

As for constructive advice, the bare walls could use wainscoting (or columns against the wall, something to break up the space) and the doors could use frames, and some of those inflated textures would look better at the smaller resolution. The theatre itself looks cool.
    I'm glad you like the theatre area, it's not quite finished yet (as the other areas). I do really need ideas to break out the cube, and I was thinking of arched doorways but I'm utterly confused as to how to do it - I was thinking air cylinder, solid cube, air cube to carve out the door area for the door. I do need skirting and wainscoting. I think I'll keep backstage how it is, but I like the beams. Still working on that though.

Thanks for your comments, the advice was very helpful!

Sliptip, did You use cell-shading effect? Because the graphics look great! It looks almost like a whole new engine,damn!

Keep your work, guys, my hunger for new FM never stops

I've had a go at putting a bit of skirting around the ceiling, although not too much as it's a small room, and added a door frame with retextured/similar walls (Art Deco rather than Victorian).

Because of the way the room cuts into the main theatre cylinder I'm finding it difficult to put a panel across the room, as it's not made up of one single air brush. I'm going more for space to move rather than breaking up the space because it's a small room.

(I hope it's bright enough this time, I upped the brightness/contrast in Photoshop)

The Architect
    Much better!

Quote Originally Posted by bartekb81 View Post
    Sliptip, did You use cell-shading effect? Because the graphics look great! It looks almost like a whole new engine,damn!
    I'm not aware of any cell-shading effect options - but I do use smaller texture sizes than most authors (15-14). It's a little more work, but I find it makes the textures/shadows much crisper!

@Burgundy - Yes much better! For what it's worth I always boost my screens +5 brightness/+15 contrast in Photoshop. Then I cheat and sharpen the images!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    I've had a go at putting a bit of skirting around the ceiling, although not too much as it's a small room, and added a door frame with retextured/similar walls (Art Deco rather than Victorian)
    One more thing I'd do would be a new floor texture. Right now it's too low res when compared to other room textures. I suggest you lower its size to 15 and scale the room so that it fits in perfectly even .

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    One more thing I'd do would be a new floor texture. Right now it's too low res when compared to other room textures. I suggest you lower its size to 15 and scale the room so that it fits in perfectly even .
    I've lowered it to 14 now, it fits exactly at that rather than 15, so I've gone with that:

Hmmmm.... there's still a problem IMHO. Think about real life. Do you ever see someone carpet a room by placing thirty 2'x4' rugs down like that? I'd suggest you place one large rug in the center of the room (needs to be something like 4x8 or 8x16 for the texture to fit properly; some of those rug textures are square if it fits the space better) with wood floor showing on the sides. Alternatively, find a carpet texture that tiles seamlessly without obvious borders. I have some, but I'm using them in DCE and would prefer to keep them to myself until that is released. It's pretty easy to find carpet images on the web and make seamless textures from them, like these:

lol, don't listen to any of these people Burgundy; you'll end up spending weeks perfecting a single small room and never get to the rest of the mission!

Where's vinyl flooring when you need it

I'm looking at seamless carpet textures rather than a rug. I'm glad for the ideas and criticisms though - you have to admit the room's looking better with the tweaks than how it was originally

Now I have to repeat everything for the box on the opposite side of the auditorium

Page 24 of 228 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974124 ... LastLast