TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 36 of 226 FirstFirst ... 6111621263132333435363738394041465156616671768186136 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

TxSwap, a part of DarkUtils.

I didn't realize it can rescale too... will look into it tonight. Thanks!

The scaling feature is why he made it, but I've never really used it so I can't say if it works well or not.

More texturing:

I neatened up the half timber texture by merging it with a plain white plaster texture, after all, that's a mansion.

Very nice, R! I assume that this is for a new mission (or part 2 of your big mission) considering that the one you had been working on is about 1000 brushes beyond being able to portalize again.

Mission 3 actually

And mission 1 is just 67 brushes too many at the moment, and I might just leave it at that. I can't think of any necessary changes to the mission that would require portalising.

I'm currently 44 above the limit... I don't need to portalize as far as I can tell, but my lighting keeps wanting to become jagged in random places. I may throw the mission into alpha before the new year to make sure there are no major mistakes

Painting Pack in the Works

I have embarked on a mission to provide a little deeper selection of artworks for missions. To this end I went to Olga's Gallery and downloaded a 100+ of mostly pre-1650 artworks that I thought might fit in the Thief Universe.

Olga's Terms of use are simple and to the point:
    Images from Olga's Gallery are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users must, however, cite the source of the image as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL "www.abcgallery.com."

Then I went on a hunt for textures that might make good materials for frames. Most of the good ones I found came from CG Textures. CG Textures provides the following statement:
    Use of the Textures is only allowed under one or more of the following conditions:
    - Private or commercial use
    - Use in 2D or 3D computer graphics, movies and printed media
    - Incorporation in computer games, 3D models
    - Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures, when the texture is customized for the 3D model

It is NOT permitted to:
    - Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a Texture or a collection of Textures. In other words: Do not sell or distribute any of these textures (modified or not) by itself or in a texture pack!
    - Interfere with the security or otherwise abuse, disrupt, place excessive loads on, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the CGTextures website or any system resources or networks connected to this website.
    - Stockpile images with the goal of making a local copy of all textures on the site.
    - Using a special program (spider, leecher) or script to automatically download all Textures on the CGTextures website. Users who try to mass download will be banned from the website automatically.

Anyhow, I've created maybe 35 or so different frame patterns, any of which can be used with each of the 100+ artworks. So there will be some 3,500 or so possible combinations of picture and frame when I am done.

I have grouped the pictures according to their H / V ratio and matched each to a picture model having a close H / V. I plan, when I have created all the derivitive GIFs, to use LightBright to reduce the number of palettes and will identify the pictures that share a palette in the readables as well as which Archetype picture is best suited to each of my new models.

Whew. It makes me tired to just type this.

Anyhow, here are a few snaps, progressing from the lowest H/V up.

The frame / picture combinations are random and do NOT reflect my personal tastes. Remember, I am setting up the BIN files so that any of the frames can be easily swapped in by just hex editing it or using NV's 3ds to bin utility.

I just wanted a little art for my mission, and it got a bit out of hand ... so I figured that there is no way I'll use all this stuff in the mission I have planned, so why not share? Stay tuned. Maybe in a week or two I'll have the pack together and ready for release ... oh, I have kept notes, so every art work will be identified by artist and work title ... g'night.

Clearinghouse
    Looks great

new arrows for Thief2

the arrow heads are from Thief 3, rest selfmade.
    a new bow follows

game screens

here is another screenshot of my progress to make T2 look as T3

Last edited by TypeRED; 16th Dec 2008 at 02:31.

Clearinghouse

The last screen is...

As far as elemental arrows are concerned, I admit I prefer Targa's ones, they look much more "physical".

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Thief 3 into Thief 2 ? I love the idea, and it looks great so far, especially last screen

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Thief 3 into Thief 2 ?
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...13#post1750013

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Oh I never noticed these

Good work, TypeRED! This was something I wanted to do myself, but now there's no need!

Is the one with the double barbed head the rope arrow?

I hope you will release these soon!

Yes, that's the rope arrow head from TDS/T3Ed. Might be a little too fancy for the normal one, but never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    Yes, that's the rope arrow head from TDS/T3Ed.
    That explains why I haven't seen it before. Looks nice, though. I didn't realize they had made a model for it.

Classical Master 2008
    TypeRED, that last screenshot is almost scarily beautiful. Good work!

Painting Pack in the Works, cont.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I have embarked on a mission to provide a little deeper selection of artworks for missions. To this end I went to Olga's Gallery and downloaded a 100+ of mostly pre-1650 artworks that I thought might fit in the Thief Universe.
    An update. I expect to release this some time 12/20 or 12/21. The "final" count is 128 paintings and 43 new frame textures, which gives you something like 5504 different painting / frame combinations possible. Included in the package are works by:
    • Adriaen Brouwer
    • Albrecht Dürer
    • Alessandro Botticelli
    • Andrea del Castagno
    • Antonello da Messina
    • Carel Fabritius
    • Correggio
    • Cosmč Tura (a.k.a. Cosimo Tura)
    • Dieric Bouts the Elder
    • Domenico Ghirlandaio
    • El Greco
    • Fra Bartolommeo
    • Francesco del Cossa
    • Francisco de Goya y Lucientes
    • Frans Hals
    • Frans Snyders
    • Gentile Bellini
    • Georges de La Tour
    • Giorgione
    • Giotto
    • Giovanni Bellini
    • Giuseppe Arcimboldo
    • Hans Baldung, called Grien
    • Hieronymus Bosch
    • Jan van Scorel
    • Jean Fouquet
    • Jean Hey, Master of Moulins
    • Jean-Baptiste-Simeon Chardin
    • Leonardo da Vinci
    • Lorenzo Lotto
    • Luca Signorelli
    • Maerten Jacobsz van Heemskerck
    • Paolo Uccello
    • Pietro Perugino
    • Robert Campin (Master of Flemalle)
    • Simone Martini
    • Vittore Carpaccio

I wish you joy of the season. Put them to good use.

Again, the frames shown with the pictures are random assignments and in no way reflect my personal taste.

That's great work, Larry! Though it looks like someone needs to make a round frame object.

Almost done...

After four and a half years, I would hope I'd be done. Why would anyone waste invest four years of their life in Dromed? I could be drinking beer.

Actually, I learned some time ago that you could do both. Sometimes, Dromed's not worth it, sober.

Anyway, here's some screenies to show how I've been wasting my time. A little bit of voice acting, some freshening up, and it's beta time. Enjoy.

Tales from the Cleft: Vandal

The Gatehouse

North & East wings

South wing & Boathouse

The Boathouse

Northwest Balcony

Great Room

Atrium

That's all for now...

Clearinghouse
    Wow Beautiful screens

Yeah, some really cool work there. Looks fun. wasted time?

Unbreakable Stained Glass Windows that Open

Page 36 of 226 FirstFirst ... 6111621263132333435363738394041465156616671768186136 ... LastLast