TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 222 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439444954104 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

I don't really know what it is, but I needed a change. And some consistency between pages.

I set to Ch3 finally. Next then the third run-up will result what I plan .

really really reallyy nice

Nice screen there Sensut.

@ Yandros, sorry that was kindof a short weird post. I hit Tab and the window closed then I couldnt edit. I like it, I just looked that the pic so far but it looks good. Always fun to redesign the page a bit.

Sensut, urrah!

I returned to my old mission:

I will not finish this before Schwaa2 don't release his door knocker object. I need this!!!
    Ermana: it's looks like a Thief 3 FM, from what is old ?
    Sterlino, I really wait for your flying project

and of course, forgive me for my bad english

Back to DP2...

Been reworking this area which was oddly textured by Will. Unfortunately trying to come up with what the player is actually going to do here is much harder - Will hadn't worked that part out when he abandoned it and so I'm on my own. He has one neutral AI and a single interesting effect in place but I haven't a clue what his intentions were with it. Time for some creative interpolation...

Last edited by Yandros; 15th Nov 2008 at 09:20.

It's interesting to see what version number people are working on. Most are in the low 100s. DP2 wins by shooting for 1000. On the other end, I'm baffled how Willie can just be on his 9th save ... either he's not saving much or just repeating numbers.

No, I start at 999 and work down, so that's only save 85. Of course, Will probably had 300+ saves from the original development. My highest number of saves was WLB, which had a little over 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    I will not finish this before Schwaa2 don't release his door knocker object. I need this!!! and of course, forgive me for my bad english
    Well, I kndof cheated a bit, it's for the Darkmod, realized later this was 'dromed' edition but I've been around here so long it's hard for me to not participate even if I have to break the thread rules a bit

Anyway, the texture is 100% done in grey scale with bump map and applied to the object. Now gotta make a few colored varities for different materials.
    The object is gonna get more polys soon though, the shadow castings a bit rough at the moment.
    The handle will be seperate so it can knock.

I've only made a few things out of pictures I took, I saw that knocker at a nursery and instantly knew i was gonna use it, very cool design. I need to be prepared with camera more often

Oh, for Darkmod, sorry Anyway I'm looking forward for the Dromed version

My first run-up gone bust I have the real map of the castle but I can't reproduce in dromed because of poly counts. Now I'm forced to put there some walls that is not there really. I have had this problem in the previous mission with Sarvar castle, where the theatre is not there in the reality. These damn courts are large and empty

I began my mission from real house too, so I also had this problem with additional walls
    But at last I like the latest version with the walls even more. It forced me to find some interesting decisions in architecture. Also it gives longer gameplay and different, not so traditional look. Just it took a lot of time.

I do not think that theatre in your mission ruined something

My first screenshot wasn't much to look at, so here's another:

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    It's interesting to see what version number people are working on.
    I go from 001 to 100 and then I go back to 001 again, so the number shown is not the actual version. Before I go back to 001, I backup the previous hundred files just in case. I also have a complete backup of everything... and a backup of the backup... and then a backup of the backup of the backup... and so forth... (all these backups are of course kept in separate places). I know, it's a wee bit paranoid, but I would just hate to lose my work.

I probably overdo the "save with new name" thing too, so right now I'm at my 846th version. Every time I'm about to add a new area (or redo an old area), I save with a new name. Sometimes I get lost beyond repair in my brushwork, so I need those extra files to revert to.
    Last edited by qolelis; 7th Jan 2008 at 07:01. Reason: Nitpicking...

I used to have some fancy naming conventions, but these days I just use the date plus a letter if I am going to be doing several saves.

T2 FM Preview #2: Cold Silence

I have just posted my second preview for my mission. I'm using completely original resources for my first mission, 90% of everything is snapped to grid size 14 or higher.

Link to preview #1: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108352

Link to preview #2: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119115

This is the whole mission as it is in my last build:

The preview shows the top half of my latest build (my current updated version):

Last edited by Splashcups; 7th Jan 2008 at 08:00.

i am shocked: there are a lot of nice works on stage... every time i see one of these i would put my hands on it !

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    i am shocked: there are a lot of nice works on stage...
    Agreed! Looks like it's going to be a good year for FM's!

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    I also have a complete backup of everything... and a backup of the backup... and then a backup of the backup of the backup... and so forth... (all these backups are of course kept in separate places). I know, it's a wee bit paranoid, but I would just hate to lose my work.
    So I am not alone with my paranoi
    I save each new file with different number, then from time to time I backup them on CD's and meanwhile I send copies of some of them (like one of 10 or 20 .mis files) and new versions of .gam files to my gmail account which is so large, that I treat it like an additional HD It also have nice searching options which lets me find backups easily between other emails (titles of my backup mail always contains word "backup", mission's title and name of files attached for easy searching).
    I save often (often over 10 saves per hour of work) so I'm already after my 100th save of my new mission and it's just the beginning - for my first mission (already released) I did over 500 saves, but it was only small mission...

All of that because like qolelis I hate to lose my work - each time I must redo something in the mission due to dromed's crash I'm really mad, so I try to reduce the amount of work possibly lost
    Last edited by ghost_in_the_shell; 7th Jan 2008 at 09:34. Reason: typo corrected
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

Sounds rediculous, scroll up a little and you'll see my mission. That's only the 4th save, with it backed up on my hard drive in a seperate location and again on a CD. 4th save, two backups. Never lost any data in 1-2 years using DromEd.

I just passed save number 640 this morning before work. I make CD backups too, and it's definitely time for me to make a new CD backup because right now I've got almost 200 saved mis files NOT backed up. If I were to lose them, I imagine I would be very much like an extremely disgruntled postal worker.... on drugs.... with an uzi.... and lots of ammo.... at a shopping mall... (better stop there, I'm scaring myself).

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    I just passed save number 640 this morning before work. I make CD backups too, and it's definitely time for me to make a new CD backup because right now I've got almost 200 saved mis files NOT backed up. If I were to lose them, I imagine I would be very much like an extremely disgruntled postal worker.... on drugs.... with an uzi.... and lots of ammo.... at a shopping mall... (better stop there, I'm scaring myself).

Why are you posting this instead of backing up your work!?

I should really get in that habit too. After 3 weeks I'm only on save 20

Anyway, particles!! I'm attempting to make more realistic waterfalls via particles.

Offhand, does anyone know the palette number for a darker bluish-green?

Rough brushwork is about half done.
    <xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

Quote Originally Posted by Splashcups View Post
    Sounds rediculous
    It's better to be safe paranoid than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_in_the_shell
    So I am not alone with my paranoi
    You are definitely not alone

After each session (mostly daily) I backup everything to another HD and backup the ten latest mission versions to an online service and to my work account. Once a week I backup everything to CD, to the online service and to my work account.

I have written several scripts for this, so it's handled (mostly) automatically and doesn't add much to the workload.

I could also burn a copy and keep it at my parents place, but I haven't done so yet. That's more like a "once a year"-thing.

Looks like your kauffman house is coming along well, ataricom.

I am miserably awful about backups. I have an exteral drive full of unique data which I don't have a copy of anywhere else. Guess I'm asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ataricom
    Offhand, does anyone know the palette number for a darker bluish-green?
    Points ataricom to a thread created by ataricom!

Page 4 of 222 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439444954104 ... LastLast