TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 45 of 230 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647484950556065707580859095145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 5726

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    This mission doesn't take place in the Thief universe. At least not in the VicSteamPunk time period.
    Yeah, I mean it. Seems like every second T2 fan mission being released nowadays has nothing to do with Thief gameplay or Thief design, unfortunately. Castle on Jupiter? Carting? Rocket boots? Tomb Raider? C'mon.

Mod makers are free to do anything they want, though. It's just me, probably.

Not everything is everybody's cuppa. Vampires aren't Thief Universe either, but people added them in. What is important is whether the mission designer had fun and some other folk did too playing it. You don't have to play everybody's mission. I don't like the deathmatch type games, so I don't play them (sorry Yandros, just not my cuppa). But lots of folk enjoy them. And sometimes you just need a change from potatoes and sausages, know what I mean?
    Last edited by LarryG; 14th Feb 2009 at 20:09.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Spair View Post
    Tomb Raider? C'mon.
    The exploration aspects of Tomb Raider actually fit quite well into the Thief universe and Thief gameplay. See: The Lost City.

After 10 years I'm ready for new ideas.

The Architect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    After 10 years I'm ready for new ideas.

Amen.

Here, here.

So say we all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    The exploration aspects of Tomb Raider actually fit quite well into the Thief universe and Thief gameplay. See: The Lost City.
    i agree.. and i played well Tomb Raider (at the glorious times) and sometimes Thief is at the same good play, or may be even better... (The Temple of the Tides is a great example of that)

That sounds like if there haven't been any "new" things for the last ten years and e.g. this classic Thief experience contest was just an idée fixe instead of a reaction to FMs becoming more and more alien to the original missions.

It was.

The Architect
    Most of the 700/800 FMs out now play it pretty close to the orignal games. There's only... what, two dozen maybe, that go for something new, and maybe only three or four "total conversion" type FMs.

I think there's definitely room for more TC style FMs... but they take a very large creative dedication to do.

Empty hall

(I had to make the image over bright because that area is quite dark.)

Last edited by Yandros; 17th Feb 2009 at 13:09.

The Architect
    Cool! You can do alot with the right textures!

We have him chained to a chair. Once or twice a day we'll walk in the room and give him Hot Pockets and slap him to keep his productivity up.

I am totally blown away by the talent shown. Awesome. All of it!

Yeah, it's too bad we have to scale some of his textures down from 1024x1024.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Yeah, it's too bad we have to scale some of his textures down from 1024x1024.
    Well, you can always include the source textures where DDFix can find them.

Any ideas how to make dungeons look more aged?

I already have cobwebs here and there but that's not enough. Maybe a debris object or decal...

I'd suggest using grubby, mossy textures especially around the ground and lower parts of walls. Put missing bricks, broken pillars, missing or snapped wooden planks etc.
    Piles of earth/dirt where a wall has caved in somewhat.
    Flooded areas.

Classical Master 2008
    Flickering lights. Collapses. Decay. Stairs worn to slopes by constant use. I recommend checking out Freedom for Nepumuk for inspiration; that has a huge and very decrepit-looking dungeon area (including an ancient semi-secret segment with zombies).

Some dripping water (by modifying one of the H2OStream objects), and an ambient. There are a number of existing dripping schemas:
    m05drip
    m08drip
    m14drips

Place some of the debris objects around, e.g. bits of broken crates. I think some of these have a tewq delete property, so you'll have to ensure the delete state is off.

Place some bloodstains around the place. I think bloodstains are suspicious by default so you might want to make something like a Decorative and give it the shape > model name of the blood. Make them partially transparent so it looks like they've soaked into the floor, and if necessary, make them immune to water stim so the player can't wash them away.

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    ...I recommend checking out Freedom for Nepumuk for inspiration; that has a huge and very decrepit-looking dungeon area (including an ancient semi-secret segment with zombies).
    Quoted for truth. The best example of an aged, ruined dungeon

I don't know if it was in that mission but I remember one old place where the stairs were V shaped, with a dip in the middle, making them look like they were well worn and possibly sinking.

Classical Master 2008
    That was Nepumuk all right.

Allrighty then, I have modified wall textures a bit and added clutter around the place. Results:

Click for hires

Could someone with modeling talent make one or more debris objects that would contain pieces of bricks and stones? I would love to decorate the place with more clutter and debris but I'm afraid it will have too big impact on the object count if I use single objects for everything .

Doesn't T1 have brick debris objects?

Looks amazing, by the way!

Page 45 of 230 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647484950556065707580859095145 ... LastLast