TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Today I have finished my first attempt to make rope arrows and rope arrow ropes follow a moving ropecrate. It's kind of working:
    * The arrows follow the ropecrate nicely.
    * The rope arrow ropes follow nicely if longer than a certain length, but if they are shorter, they sometimes get horizontal after moving.
    * If Garrett is attached to a rope when it starts moving, he is automatically teleported to the point where the rope is attached to the arrow. The rope is re-deployed when it starts moving and I guess this is why Garrett is teleported the way he is (he is teleported to the center of the rope and when the rope is re-deployed its center is at the attach-point).

Edit:
    I'm skipping this. The ropes do behave betterly than in my zeroth attempt, but now I can't seem to move any further, so I'm skipping that part for now. The arrows can be made to work right, but the ropes don't seem to like being moved.
    Last edited by qolelis; 6th Dec 2009 at 11:31.

While waiting for inspiration, I decided to convert some high poly stuff I had lying around into low poly golden loot items. I was getting pretty tired of the same old same old, so this: a few figurines, a sphynx, calf, pig, cat, tiger, and so on.

By the by, does anyone know why some loot rotates in your inventory and other loot doesn't? It appears to be related to the actual size of the object, maybe, perhaps, ...

dump195.jpg

Nice figurines there, LarryG!

I have just uploaded release candidate #2, which actually had less bug-fixes than rc 1, so right now I'm going in the right direction.

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    By the by, does anyone know why some loot rotates in your inventory and other loot doesn't? It appears to be related to the actual size of the object, maybe, perhaps, ...
    If size has anything to do with it, it's still not what it appears to be. The coins behind Constantine's sofa cushions are the biggest loot items in the series (6.0 DU diameter and .5 DU thickness), and there are the tiny rings. They both spin around.

Which loot doesn't rotate? Can't remember anyone.

I figured it out. They don't rotate when something else has the focus. As soon as you move so nothing is hilighted, they rotate. Whew. I thought I had done something horrible.

You almost scared me.

I did scare myself!

Here is a new regulator style clock for my classrooms. I think I'm going to have several different faces available for it. My needs are for an 8 hour clock, so that's what this is, but a 12 hour face is no biggie to provide too.

dump199.jpg

Edit: It took about 5 minutes to find & swap in this new face!

dump200.jpg
    Last edited by LarryG; 8th Dec 2009 at 21:07.

Are they quartz? Look similar...

No. Just your ordinary antique regulator schoolhouse clock ... lots of replica variants around, I guess. It is a popular clock.
    Last edited by LarryG; 9th Dec 2009 at 10:07.

Is it WAY WAY WAY too bluish, or my monitor went nuts?

The textures in that first picture ought to be scaled down IMO.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Spair View Post
    Is it WAY WAY WAY too bluish, or my monitor went nuts?
    d'Spair, your monitor is ok Check GYY1 and GYY2.

I've been using pinkdot's bookcases in my UNPC mission, but after various bits of testing, worries about poly counts and framerate, and various fiddly problems, I've decided to remake them from scratch.

I'm probably going to go for empty versions of full, half, and thin bookcases, and 8 full width, 8 half width, and a few thin bookcases with books on them in different arrangements. I'll be using pinkdot's textures and maybe a few others. I'm also planning to include the .lwo source files, so people can make their own book configurations easily.

Cool! Show pictures when you are ready.

Awesome, Chris! I can't wait to see them.

I've got maybe 20% of the rooms finished. Storyline, AI, objectives, scripting - all pending...

Wow, those screens look great!

Interesting screens, nicked.

Since there's no hard deadline to push towards for my UnCon mission, I took today to work on the church mission for DCE. It's not large yet but I've spent dozens of hours already tweaking the architecture in this mission. The way Polygon built it is a bit odd so sometimes when I change something small, it ripples through other areas in ways I didn't expect and I have to go fixing stuff.

I also today discovered some arched alcoves he made that were supposed to be inset in the main exterior wall, but I never knew they were there since at some point they got moved either in time or space so that they were no longer visible. So I brought them back!

A couple of new shots...

After taking a small brake from my current DromEd project for uncadonego's uncontest, I continued with building my mission that was actually aimed for the Vertical Contest this year. The mission is called "A Journey Into The Underdark" and here are some screenshots:

Looking great, it has an Arx Fatalis vibe I think.

Agreed, I love those screens.

After taking a shorter break from the DromEding, I decided to once again create some new objects as replacements for the original ones.
    So here's my newest creation; an old and worn table.

Classical Master 2008
    Great shots, Yandros & intruder! And seventyfour, that table looks good as well - just right for some dark tavern or corner!

Page 89 of 228 FirstFirst ... 394449545964697479848586878889909192939499104109114119124129134139189 ... LastLast