TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Nice work gentleman!

I really love those shots Yandros. I've got a real hankering for a good rooftop break-in style mission.

So, I decided that PinkDot's textures didn't fit with the sort of style I wanted (they're too 'dusty' and worn for my purposes) so as well as making new objects, I've made new textures. This has been somewhat delayed by me feeling like death warmed over the past couple of days, but as a first pass:

Left to right: 3 (68 polys), 5, and 10 (110 polys) width bookcases, all 12 units high. I'm still not completely happy with the ornamentation on top of the 5 width version, and I might tweak some of the shadowing. I also need to make a 'double-sided' version of the 10x12, and start making versions with books...

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Since there's no hard deadline to push towards for my UnCon mission, I took today to work on the church mission for DCE. It's not large yet but I've spent dozens of hours already tweaking the architecture in this mission. The way Polygon built it is a bit odd so sometimes when I change something small, it ripples through other areas in ways I didn't expect and I have to go fixing stuff.

I also today discovered some arched alcoves he made that were supposed to be inset in the main exterior wall, but I never knew they were there since at some point they got moved either in time or space so that they were no longer visible. So I brought them back!

A couple of new shots...

Looking good, Yandros! Of all the upcoming missions, yours is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Special (no more portals) arrow re-construct: 50% done

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    Looking good, Yandros! Of all the upcoming missions, yours is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most.
    Wow, thanks for that!

Coat Closet Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Wow, thanks for that!
    You are welcome. Larry's screen shots look very intriguing as well, by the way.

Oh gods, the book texturing, the vast amount of book texturing

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Oh gods, the book texturing, the vast amount of book texturing
    ayeh... but if you will do that.. i will be grateful to you for the rest of the life.. 'cause i just putted that object in my mission and i really should need a better version with less textures kinds usage. (palettes limits reached)

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    if no one saw it in my object thread i made this gypsy wagon. seems to me that thief would have a nomadic people like the romani.

that vagon is a masterpiece !

it reminds me ultimaX.. (-_-)
    but it something that we missed for thief,
    it's perfect.

compliments

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    i really should need a better version with less textures kinds usage. (palettes limits reached)
    Well, for what it's worth, I'm currently working with 20 book textures all sharing one palette, and 5 wood textures sharing a second palette. I'm going to try to avoid using more than two palette slots for the whole lot. I'm also sacrificing some detail on the books (using flat spines in most cases, for example) to keep poly counts down to saner levels...

Clearinghouse
    Ottoj55, for inspirations

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55 View Post
    if no one saw it in my object thread i made this gypsy wagon. seems to me that thief would have a nomadic people like the romani.

That is wonderful!

I discovered that my library balcony had slipped 2 units in Z somehow (along with some other mysterious deformities) and needed to be rebuilt. And of course the stairs leading up to it were messed up too. What a bummer. But I took the opportunity to add some new study carrels and do a little redecorating. (I think I will try a darker wood for the carrels and see if that fits better.) In any event the library is shaping up, me thinks. Room for improvement still, but getting there.

Also bummed about hitting the lights limit just after hitting the ambient limit.

dump001.jpg

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    some new object buildings. i'm making all the parts separately, then i can mix and match to produce a variety of new buildings. first set of parts, these are all sharing one image map.

Classical Master 2008
    Looking good, LarryG. And thanks for considering object buildings, Otto!

I've finally managed to get the 3x12 bookcases done and filled, I've made 4 filled cases and one empty, I'll probably add a couple of partially filled ones:

From left to right, they are 190, 163, 166, 180, and 68 polys, using two palettes. Next up, the 5x12s, hopefully now I have a bunch of books I can just copy, past, rotate, translate, and generally mess with it'll go faster...

That looks great! Looks so real I want to borrow a book and curl up in a cozy chair for a read.

finally !!

great job the watcher ! i hope to put my hands on it as soon as possible.

I have finally reached release and now I'm going to enjoy my holidays for a few days and not so much as look at DromEd.

Now maybe I can finally get some sleep

Some screenshots of my 2nd project I'm working on right now. The mission will take place between Trail Of Blood and Life Of The Party and is about the Pagan's living in the forest surrounding the City and the Mechanist's onslaught:

The overall design is inspired by Trail Of Blood and I focused on creating a variety of settings, including mangrove swamps, caves, huge waterfalls, tree villages, giant trees and forests covered by giant mushrooms...

Classical Master 2008
    Trippy - and impressive!

Thanks Melan

still someone remember my post about a new kind of arrow with rays fx ?

well, this is called ''Black Hole Arrow''

don't ask me why... you will discover it by yourself soon

Page 90 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4045505560657075808586878889909192939495100105110115120125130135140190 ... LastLast