TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Dearth of Stealth Games

verbose douchebag
    I see what you mean, but it still looks to be good. I still need to finish the first one mind. I'll add it to my already ridiculous backlog.

Dishonored is making me genuinely excited, I don't care if the naysayers say nay! As a resident of these British Isles, the lack of a "u" bugs me though. Wonder if they'll rename it for the European release.

Knows his stuff
    I've never played any of the Ghost Recon games(except for the demo of the first one) but that Future Soldier footage looks fantastic.

Played the Sniper Elite 2 demo the other day. Fun. Only stealthed a small part of it tho. One stealth-kill and a couple with the silenced pistol. Not sure if you can stealth the entire mission.
    Last edited by henke; 23rd Apr 2012 at 02:43.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    It looks to me like Metro: Last Light is shaping up to be more of a straight-up shooter than its predecessor, what with all the lots of shiny new guns and accessories and action-y setpieces. Not that the first game was a slow stealth game by any means, but it didn't have you mowing down hordes of Nazis with a minigun while battle music blared in the background, and I'm highly skeptical as to how applicable stealth will be to this game.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the devs were going to make a stealth run viable for the entire game as opposed to just some sections like the first one.

verbose douchebag
    I have to admit to being interested in how that scripted rail cart sequence could be ghosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the devs were going to make a stealth run viable for the entire game as opposed to just some sections like the first one.
    Yeah, but it seems to me that when many developers say they're going to make stealth viable, they really mean you can shoot everyone with a suppressed gun and kill all the enemies without raising the alarm, not that you can sneak by without needing to kill anyone. I'm looking forward to Metro but I'm still skeptical about how viable stealth will be.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    I have to admit to being interested in how that scripted rail cart sequence could be ghosted.

Well, you could just stealthily hide behind a crate for the entire train ride.

I see your point about it not being 100% ghostable though. However, according to this post (at the bottom) there are still going to be many ghostable areas, with the stealth itself being significantly improved with multiple levels of alertness etc (as noted here).

verbose douchebag
    A smart developer will cater to both styles of gameplay, which I am sure they have done.

I'll try to make sure I re-play (and complete this time) Metro 2033 this year some time.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

I'm surprised that none of you fags have posted about Republique, which is running (unsuccessfully) a Kickstarter campaign at the moment.

It looks like a rip off of The Experiment, TBH.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    I'm surprised that none of you fags have posted about Republique, which is running (unsuccessfully) a Kickstarter campaign at the moment.
    Maybe that's why we didn't post about it

verbose douchebag
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not sounding like I'll buy this one before it hits the sales.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Eurogamer reviews are influenced by how big of a bribe that they receive from publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Maybe that's why we didn't post about it
    The Kickstarter is irrelevant. The game will find funding regardless, they just wanted to retain more creative freedom and have to make less sacrifices that come part and parcel with traditional publisher funding.

Knows his stuff
    That Eurogamer review is pretty much indicative of how reviews for Sniper Elite V2 have been all over the place though.

Soooo I guess 505 Games are skimping on the bribe-money everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Eurogamer reviews are influenced by how big of a bribe that they receive from publishers.
    Do you have any proof of this? If so, I'd like to see it.

Still Subjective
    I quite liked the demo, but it's flawed no doubt about it. It has that one thing I hate - insta-know. It's one thing I hate about Deus Ex (the original). You snipe someone and everyone else then knows exactly where you are. Ridiculous.

It sounds like it has all of the problems the original game did.

Still Subjective
    Yeah, there's an entire thread on that game.

Didn't find a dedicated thread for this, so I'll just post here. While not really a stealth game, The Saboteur is pretty good. I got it way back when it first came out but didn't get through a lot, just the first couple of missions maybe. I just got back into it, when I was looking to clear space of the PC. I decided to give it another try and got sucked in. Very well done game. I like the aesthetic, and it's a good mix of GTA, Assassin's Creed, and Hitman. The stealth element can be fun, but it often becomes a shootout afterwards. I'm probably about halfway through, and I'm loving it.

El Shagmeister

I wish The Saboteur was released over at GOG or Steam, dang it...

Chakat sex pillow
    Weeeeeelll, it's on Origin.

I hate how EA's FAQ still says you can activate retail copies on Origin, but it doesn't actually work.

It's a shame Pandemic went under. It's a great game, but it could really use a patch to fix the problems with widescreen.

Knows his stuff
    Mark of the Ninja, by Shank-devs Klei Entertainment is looking pretty good. Here's a Giantbomb QuickLook of it. It's an XBox Live title for now but just like Shank I'm guessing there's a good chance it'll make it's way to PC eventually. Gameplay-wise it looks like it's taking a lot of it's cues from the stealth in the Batman games. Also I can't help but be reminded of an old C64 game called Saboteur 2.

This looks incredible: