TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: DDFix and Enhanced Resolution Patch (including widescreen support)

hmm Im running vista ultimate 32bit and I am running T1/2/3 and I dont have problems with any of them...
    Anyway this thread isnt for troubleshooting that what my thread is for.

Read the section about installing DDFix manually in the first post.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 28th Mar 2009 at 23:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Anyway this thread isnt for troubleshooting that what my thread is for.
    Hotlyx, Bobotsin, belboz, Melissa, Garret- son

Can you guys move your posts to the following thread please..

- http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117616

And once those posts have been moved can Eddy, NV and others do a clean up etc

ta
    Last edited by bikerdude; 15th Jan 2009 at 13:20.

How do you uninstall darkwidescreen? It says that you have to enter U after running the batch process, but it doesn't do anything for me. Also, now T2 opens in a window, must be something I did with one of these patches, how can I fix that?

Hex Hunter, can you move your post to the other thread plaes, and Ill will help you there.

Well, it's happened again and I don't know how to fix it. . . looks like I'm gonna have to start at square one, since I can't remember what instructions to follow or what I've downloaded, but I'm certain that I have ddfix and yet, the speed problem is showing itself again.
    It only happens with some FMs, though, so I'm not sure what's up. So far, it's only happening when I play Mystic Gems: Heart of Bohn: I'll start the game and Garrett will be walking around all normal, then suddenly all the movements will speed up and he goes into "ferrett-on-crack" mode, and then it will slow down for a little bit, then speed up again. . I have no idea what's going on this time.

this patch works like a charm for ThiefDP and SShock2.

For thief 2 it is not necessary as it seems to work fine.

(For this one: Nvidia 7800 GTX)

cheer$.

The Architect
    The download link in the main post has been updated to version 6r3rc3 (Uploaded May 16, 2009)
    http://files.filefront.com/DarkWides.../fileinfo.html

What's new in that one?

Actually this version has not been released yet. That's why it was called rc3, release candidate 3.
    In fact, it will be released right now, so here you go:

DarkWidescreen version 6 release 3 is out. This release includes support for additional executable versions only but does not add any new features. If you already have the first or second release of version 6 installed then you should not update to this new release.

Download:
    http://files.filefront.com/DarkWides.../fileinfo.html

Changelog:
    - Support for demos: Thief "Lord Bafford's Manor", Thief "Assassins", Thief Gold, Thief 2, System Shock 2 (reported by Hiatus)
    - Support for yet another version of Dromed (reported by Hiatus)
    - Updated to the latest WeiDU (version 210)

Thanks

Thanks to Timeslip for all his work on the DDFix patch and thanks to Bikerdude for his threads on the subject. After spending many hours on Bikerdudes other thread [50 plus pages!] I finally got DDFix to work. I have a new computer with Vista 64/ Nvidia 9800 card so it can be done on Vista. If you have Vista you know nothing like this is easy. Just want to add my 2 cents for other computer dummies like me. Vista would not let me unzip and replace the 4 files in T2 like your supposed to. I had to install the patch on my old XP computers T2 file, click and set up "DDFixGUI" to resolution I wanted 1280x1024, burn the unzipped files back on a CD, manually delete the matching files on my Vista computer and replace them with the ones from the CD [WHEW]. I got this idea from an offhand comment made by Valiento on the other thread [Many thanks to you Valiento!]. Once I changed the res setting in "ddfix" to match the "camCFG" that was it. Everything looks GREAT! The colors and textures are awesome. Been running it for a couple of days with no issues. Today I downloaded the widescreen patch, wish me luck! Also thanks to Nemeless Voice for this thread
    Last edited by Garrett's Landlord; 6th Jun 2009 at 18:10. Reason: addition

I have Win XP now. Thief 2 runs fine. Can I still install DDFIX ????

I want the 32bit rendering and non hard coded 640x480 scroll display features.

Or is it only for people who can't run Thief at all ?

Of course you can.

It's great. A couple of things though.....

Since installing it, in the T2 menus, the mouse cursor is flickery, and there is lag when clicking. Is this because I don't have a NVidia card ?

Also Dromed is now incredibly laggy and slow.

Can anyone help me?

I'm having problems trying to load ddfix in TMA.

I'm using Windows 7 v.7264 x64bits, and seems like ddfix does not like Windows 7, since I was running W7 x32 v.7054 beta.

W7 is awesome: I had installed all the 3 Thief games, and they run smoothly, except for the multicore issue, that needs the 'disable' CPUs trick.

But I couldn't manage to apply ddfix, 'cause it crash for good when I try to load it.

Need help here, folks. Thanks in advance.

You need to run T2 as Administrator, then it works fine (it did for me, at least).

Also, such questions belong in this thread.

Kyle, are you using the Virtual XP mode in Win7 to run them?

doesnt work says "it cant find ddraw.dll

Do a manual install, as described in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    as described in the first post.
    NV, at this rate you/we might have to knock up some picture board instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by Garret- son View Post
    Hi all
    i have vista home premiun 64

i have a problem to make works ddfix GUI wont open windos says ddfixgui has stopped working
    check online for solution
    close the program

I had the same problem on Window7 64bit, so i made the manual approach.

Since it does not seem to be windows 7 specific I guess it is 64bit specific.
    My guess, since it is a .net program, is that it is calling into 32 bit dll's but the CLR's JIT compiles the application to 64bit. 32bit + 64bit code does not work that well

Changing the platform target of the project's properties to x86 explicitly and recompile it would solve the problem as it would force the CLR to always run it at 32 bit

thanks for the heads up, but can you move this post the other thread to chat about it further..

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117616

Hi there. Thanks for ddfix. It works like a charm and thief 2 already looks better than ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    The Thief 2 version of DDFix also supports additional features, such as support for high-resolution override textures, that can go beyond the Dark Engine's 256x256 maximum texture size.
    Since there is high res support now, has there been any high resolution texture pack released for thief 2 or any other classic thief game? I couldn't find anything on these boards, but maybe you know something...

Quote Originally Posted by STiFU View Post
    Since there is high res support now, has there been any high resolution texture pack released for thief 2 or any other classic thief game? I couldn't find anything on these boards, but maybe you know something...
    Look for NTEX. It's not very true to the originals, though.

Big thanks. After setting ddfix to anisotropic filtering everything looked perfect.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast