TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536414651566166717681 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

"Southern Point" is my favourite track of the year so far. I'm so jealous that I didn't come up with it first.

That's so far the merely-okay song I need to get through to reach "Two Weeks," but it's getting there. Right now I'm at the stage where a new song locks into gear with every listen.

Permanently Enlarged

Swingfly - Touch And Go A cool summer-song with a very cute girl in the video!

Rachid Taha - Rani
    Fusion of raļ and western music. Pretty catchy.

Drafted By Minotaurs - Aversion Therapy

This is Infraction's first vinyl release. First listen and I'm already mostly confident in saying it's better than Tim Hecker's new release (which is still damn good).

Quite liking Empire of the Sun - We Are The People at the moment.
    Could be partly because it's an oasis in the commercial radio I have to listen to quite a bit. Being local lads they get a fair bit of airplay where they probably wouldn't otherwise. Still, I'm quite taken with the spookiness.

Akron/Family - Gravelly Mountains of the Moon

It always takes me at least three listens to decide if I like Akron/Family's stuff. Not because it's borderline, but because I always expect to hear one thing from them, and they unfailingly deliver something completely different. Then I have to adjust my expectations accordingly.

I like this.

(if you don't like the beginning, listen to at least 2:40)

Last edited by howie; 13th Jun 2009 at 19:58. Reason: forgot one

I'm slowly working my way through a horde of classic hip-hop albums a mate gave me.

NY state of mind off of Nas' Illmatic and Wu Tang: 7th Chamber off of enter the wu-tang are very front of mind right now.

Man alive these guys knew how to flow through some lyric-dense tracks.

Not sure what video game it is tho

Harbor-Vienna Teng she is wonderful live if you can manage to see one her concerts by all means go. I seen her at the Washington bumpershoot a few years ago.

Here's a creepy break-up song that would fit in nicely with stitches song.
    Last edited by howie; 14th Jun 2009 at 09:06. Reason: because i am a creepy guy

Last edited by howie; 14th Jun 2009 at 08:06. Reason: because i am a creepy guy

Chakat sex pillow
    howie, that video does NOT deliver the goods because it's barely a SONG. You fail the creepy quotient, but win a hundred jizzillion smackeroos for making an effort even if you're bottoming out while bottoming up on all those assorted malts.

Now here's something that's the genuine article.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 14th Jun 2009 at 12:14. Reason: because i want you spider man oh

right now I'm listening to a cd I found face-down in a parking lot.

hmm, it sucks.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    What cd?

the artist is apparently called (hed)p.e. and the album is Insomnia.

I picked it up and some guy sitting in a car nearby opened his door and told me he had just thrown it out and that I was free to take it. But it's really not very good; I can see why he didn't want it.

holy shit wikipedia shows these guys have released seven albums!

oh god that band is fucking terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Muzman View Post
    Quite liking Empire of the Sun - We Are The People at the moment.
    Could be partly because it's an oasis in the commercial radio I have to listen to quite a bit. Being local lads they get a fair bit of airplay where they probably wouldn't otherwise. Still, I'm quite taken with the spookiness.
    I was scrolling up to sign in so that I could post this EXACT song when I saw your post.

Fantastic song, this one. They sound quite alike to MGMT in some of their songs, including this one, but I recently checked out their full album and a lot of it's a lot more out-there than anything MGMT did. I didn't like the album at first, I'm not totally taken by the whole thing yet but it's slowly growing on me.

We are the People is easily their best song, though.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    the artist is apparently called (hed)p.e.
    I liked them back in my nu metal days. I haven't listened to their later stuff, but their "Broke" album had some good songs. Like Waiting to Die.

Oh hell yes. Moshing out (by myself) to this shit over here.

Permanently Enlarged
    Speaking of things you find in a parking lot, my cousin's now ex-girlfriend got a CD from some janitor in Peoria who called himself "Pharaoh." This dude had to be pushing 60 (from the CD insert), and the insert has him with a Cadillac in the background w/ two women that look conspicuously like his mother and sister posing as his bitches.

Apparently, this dude used to be a pimp, and he made a rap CD telling "his story." It's one track, one goddamned track of this old black dude talking about his career as a pimp with the same fucking tune looping in the background...for a fucking HOUR. There are even parts where you could tell he fell asleep talking.

Of course, it gave us (my bro, my cousin, and I) some pretty funny inside references, like the line "love ain't ever loved no motherfucker."

Still wonder what ever became of that CD... It was so pathetically stupid it was amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    oh god that band is fucking terrible
    I listened to the first four songs (before dethtoll asked me what it was and I had to open the tray to check), and each one was the same: a sample of someone yelling something like YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD D-D-DANGEROUS AAAAAWWWW YEEAHand then the palm-mute guitar chug chug chug and they start rapping about getting head. Actually it was pretty good.

Ravynous if you ever find a copy of that CD and rip it for me I would be eternally grateful.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    ... I want it too. Scan the artwork as well.

Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536414651566166717681 ... LastLast