TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6111621263132333435363738394041465156616671768186 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

I'm listening to this album called Ambivalence Avenue by this new band (edit - actually it's not new, and it's really only one guy) Bibio. It's like... electronic pop funk hop. With folk. Um. It's on Warp records. It's not bad and I got an employee discount on it 'cause my sister used to work at the hmv nearby.
    Last edited by Aja; 22nd Jul 2009 at 13:25.

is Best Pony
    The nice thing about eMusic having lots of artists I've never heard of is that I get to listen to artists I've never heard of. Currently going for Archers of Loaf and the Reverend Horton Heat.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    hell yeah dethtoll!

jesus shut the fuck up dethtoll
    Well excuse me for having an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    the Reverend Horton Heat.
    Fuck, yeah.

It's Martini Time!

I've been listening to Sparta lately. They're pretty good.

(If you recognize that song, you probably played the Bush Game back in 2004 when it was relevant.)

Sparta are a lot like Thief Deadly Shadows in that they'd be a lot better if The Mars Volta and At the Drive In never happened. They will always be compared to each other, and Sparta are generally found to be the poor son of the three.

LOL WUT

Mars Volta are unlistenable. At The Drive-In were okay while they lasted but that's because Sparta is formed by FORMER ATDI MEMBERS.

as long as this is at the top I'm gonna keep posting

The Field, Yesterday and Today, a weird follow up to his critically acclaimed 2007 debut, this time with the drummer from Battles guesting on a few of the (very long) tracks.

Acorn Factory, by the Dodos. The entire upcoming album is available to stream of its website. This album is leagues ahead of their previous album, Visiter, and is pretty much the album I was expecting Visiter to be. Unfortunately, you can only listen one track at a time, but it's still good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Sparta is formed by FORMER ATDI MEMBERS.
    OMG, SO WAS THE MARS VOLTA.

Last edited by Briareos H; 23rd Jul 2009 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    OMG, SO WAS THE MARS VOLTA.
    You're right. Doesn't make them SUCK ANY LESS.

Well, I agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Preordered it back then, with a lot of confidence... Alas those two songs seem to be the highlights of the album. The rest is pointlessly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamel View Post
    Acorn Factory, by the Dodos.
    Enjoying the stream; it's pleasant music (and nicely produced), though it doesn't strike me as especially original or unique.

dethtoll: shouldn't you be talking about the new Sunn album? I haven't heard it myself, but the buzz suggests it could be their strongest release yet.

edit - oh right, gotta contribute. you guys, this is Slim Twig — on youtube. It's electronic rockabilly nightmare music. Saw him in calgary; dude is fucking thin
    Last edited by Aja; 24th Jul 2009 at 03:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    Enjoying the stream; it's pleasant music (and nicely produced), though it doesn't strike me as especially original or unique.
    They do some interesting things in the arrangements, but you're right, they're not exactly The Books. Maybe AU - rr vs. d is more what you were expecting from me?

And now I'm listening to Molalatladi, by BLK JKS (direct link to mp3 on their label's website)
    Last edited by Tonamel; 24th Jul 2009 at 03:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    Preordered it back then, with a lot of confidence... Alas those two songs seem to be the highlights of the album. The rest is pointlessly boring.
    This hurts me deeply inside. The first two tracks (not the ones linked) blew me the fuck away. I wouldn't say it's better than Noir but it comes damn close.

I'm going to give it another thorough listen or two right now, because I too felt I was somewhat harsh with my last post.

I've only listened to it 2 or 3 times and it might grow on me. But I felt something... lacking. Too soft, too smooth. More impressions later.

Sonnet Sings Jazz.

She's got an amazing voice. I'd have to recommend Skylark and Summertime as the best tracks. Skylark is my favorite. Give her a listen, and recommend to your friends that like jazz, she needs some publicity.

Hrsta - [Stem Stem in electro #08] une infinité de trous en forme d'hommes

Re. the new Callisto, once you get accustomed to the clean vocals of the new singer and 50% less screaming than before, it's a pretty excellent album, especially the first half. Still, it dies a bit towards the end.

The clean vocals were what blew me away. While I prefer Noir's deep growls, almost buried by the music, the new vocalist on Providence is quite good. I wonder what their next album will be like.

(I agree the first half is better than the second, though it's all awesome to me)

The new Sunset Rubdown may be one of the best discs I've heard this year. Definitely duking it out in the top 5.

broody

I'd like to know who the babe is in that.

Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6111621263132333435363738394041465156616671768186 ... LastLast