TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1217222732374247525758596061626364656667727782879297 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2527

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Cursed by stupid stupid henchmen. its um angry ska punk shit

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    This LCD album is SO DAMN GOOD
    But there's love in your eyes
    Love in your eyes
    Love in your eyes
    But maybe that's just your love of fights
    All night

Knows his stuff
    Listening to the new Robyn album, "Body Talk, Pt. 1". It was back in 2005 that she released her last album "Robyn" on her own indielabel, then a few years later it broke through on the UK charts and later on got a US release along with much critical acclaim. I think maybe she's nervous about this follow-up. She shouldn't be, it's very good. Dancing on my own is the best track. THE BEST TRACK

ALSO I LISTENED TO THIS OVER THE LAST WEEK:
    Sleigh Bells - AAAAAAH MY EARS HURT BUT I CANT STOP LISTENING
    Crash Test Dummies new album - Better than the sum of it's parts but still not very good. But at least it sounds like they're enjoying themselves on a few of these tracks. Good for them!
    They Might Be Giants new album "Here Comes The Science" - an album of childrens songs about Science! Best of all is the song about THE ELECTRIC CAR! Now, there is something slightly sinister and underhanded about making a song, for the kids, spouting pinko leftie treehugger propaganda about electric cars, but Goddamit if I cant stop singing it as I drive to work every morning. Lets take a ride in an electric car/Happiness resides in an electric car/You can even ride an electric car/Won't you take a ride with me?/Come and take a ride with me!

yeah it's been a good week.

Chakat sex pillow
    I've been listening to a gorgeous hook-laden Swedish gem called Illuminata. Infectiously danceable melodies! How do them Swedes do it?

My kids used to be nuts for TMBG - gotta get the science one.

Currently on the .mp3 player: Yes - Time & A Word

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    I've been listening to a gorgeous hook-laden Swedish gem called Illuminata. Infectiously danceable melodies! How do them Swedes do it?
    Speaking of Swedish pop, I take it you know Mando Diao?

Mountains of things

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post
    Speaking of Swedish pop, I take it you know Mando Diao?
    Well, I do now. Nice! They don't seem very original, but they certainly make up for that with a whole lot of intensity. I'll need to check out more of their stuff. Any particular album you think I should start from?

Currently alternating between a new Nine Inch Nails track (Theme For Tetsuo The Bullet Man), and a new Ohgr track (Tragek).

On a NIN/Tetsuo related note, a small clip I found on Youtube, an MTV logo from back then.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    God damn it, I think I'm turning into a David Sylvian fan.

At Starbucks, listening to a reggae version of Country Roads, taking me home to West Jamaica.

Chakat sex pillow
    As I'm a sucker for violins echoing in fitful wails in audience halls, along with a tasteful dollop of piano for effect, Canta Per Me by the Eminence Orchestra.

I got sticky-icky-icky-icky weeeeeeeed

I got a shot of tequila in meeeee

BWOOOWOOOOP

Knows his stuff
    Yes, but the best track on the new MIA album is BORN FREE.

I'm not gonna link to the official video because it's depressing as hell and not really what the song is about I think.

"Born Free" kicks in with those drums all KAAA KAAA KAAA BUH-KAA-KAA-KAA-KAA K-K-K-K-K-K-K-KK and I'm all "MR. SELF DESTRUCT NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH NANANA"

Thief2X

Feisty Cadavers by John 5. And if you do not know who John 5 is you should be ashamed of yourself. I have not heard a guitarist capable of putting such feeling into his work like this guy in a long time (for instance "Can I live again"). Ok, maybe not so much "a long time" as I'm sure those of you who know their shit will hear his influences such as Satriani, but still, damn this guy can play.

It's ridiculous how much I like A/B Machines by Sleigh Bells - normally not my kind of music. But about :47 in makes me cackle like a madwoman.

it might just be the fact that that song is pure sex lifting off the runway

Norweigan Death Metal FTW

Soilwork: The Panic Broadcast

Featuring the return of Peter Wichers (who left for a bit to produce Nevermore), and as always Dirk Verbeuren who will kick your fucking ass.

Whaaaats gone wrooooong......I cant seeee straight....beeeeen toooo looong soooo fuuull ooooof hate.....

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Soilwork are Swedish and they're definitely more alt/nu-metal than death metal in recent years. I've heard detractors say they sound like Korn; to that, I say, Korn wishes they sounded this good.

Anyone who complains that Soilwork sold out, but still likes In Flames, doesn't know what the fuck.

Knows his stuff

RIVERSIDE! RIVERSIDE! RIVER- RIVER- RIVER- RIVER-

RIVERSIDE MOTHERFUCKER!

Put this song on your partymixes after Majorz Lazer's "Keep it going louder" but before Hot Chip's "Ready for the Floor" trust me it's gonna work out great!

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Listening to the new Robyn album, "Body Talk, Pt. 1". It was back in 2005 that she released her last album "Robyn" on her own indielabel, then a few years later it broke through on the UK charts and later on got a US release along with much critical acclaim. I think maybe she's nervous about this follow-up. She shouldn't be, it's very good. Dancing on my own is the best track. THE BEST TRACK
    Really? I bought her last album as a birthday gift for my wife but ended up giving it a few spins myself so I've been awaiting the follow up. However I found myself quite disappointed by that song, it's not a bad song by any means but seemed a bit uninspired. Still will have to give the whole thing a listen some time.

Currently I've got three albums in rotation:
    Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty, Big Boi's supremely entertaining solo album. Top track currently: Daddy Fat Sax

The ArchAndroid the debut album from pop/soul singer Janelle Monae. It's a hugely ambitious, genre straddling concept album that on first listen left me too stunned to even appreciate the ridiculously good music on it. One song doesn't do it justice but here's the single anyway, featuring none other than Big Boi also.

American Slang, Gaslight Anthem's third album. A little bit of a disappointment this one but there is enough of that good ol' rock n roll bluster in songs like the title track to keep me entertained.

I'm thinking I might be up for some metal next and that new Soilwork album looks like it will fit the bill nicely!
    Last edited by Angel Dust; 19th Jul 2010 at 06:49.

Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1217222732374247525758596061626364656667727782879297 ... LastLast