TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 32374247525762677277787980818283848586879297 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2475

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    My goodness you're completely right, my dear Nikolai.
    I must have typed the address in wrong. Here's the actual video I meant:

And did you know I almost went outside without white pants on too!
    Good lord what would we do without you keeping us honest?
    Eh. Okay. I said that about the summertime because the song you'd posted had a laid back groove. Apparently that somehow invited you to get pissed off at me. Are you sensitive about the weather or something?

Ah, I thought as much. But then I started laughing at that Vivaldi video because the violinist just looks so ridiculous -- I mean look at him -- that I went ahead and posted it anyway, and then I still needed a good excuse... Come on, it's Vivaldi's Spring, white pants...

You know, you can't wear certain things or play certain types of music until a certain day passes (the nation of Japan & my mother still take this seriously and do get pissed when you "break the rules"). Well I thought it was funny. (Also note that I did actually even apologize to you in the same post. It was really all just for that video... Sorry again, even.) But seriously I don't think I've ever been actually pissed at anything posted in these forums in the entire decade I've been here. Well the first time ZB bane'd me, but that's before I knew better.

Edit: Seriously, seriously though, it really is summer here like deth said. West of my folks it hit 104F degrees (40C) last week! When I was a kid we'd still be wearing sweaters in May, now it's August temps in April. (And people want to say global warming is a myth...) So you weren't lying. It *is* time to break out the laid back summer grooves.
    Last edited by demagogue; 27th Apr 2012 at 23:59.

Guess it's me being the sensitive one then. That violinist totally rocks out to Vivaldi. It's funny in a sympathetic way to see someone so getting into the music. Like secretly watching someone dance who thinks they're all for themselves in their room.
    I never heard that about the white pants before. Not that I would wear white pants on any occasion...

HOWEVER I will be flying into a three weeks holiday to Greece on Monday and then summer starts for me too. You know, just chilling on the beach in my black red and gold jumpsuit with my German Shepherd besides me, while some Greek boys bring me cocktails and massages. Occasionally I'll go checking on the olive tree groves we subsidised until we owned the place.
    In the evening when I get back home all exhausted from a hard but rewarding day, teaching the savages discipline and morals, I'll put down my explorer hat, light a cigar and raise a flag on the back porch. Maybe I'll cry a little when Marlene's voice drifts from the gramophone into the lush dark jungle below. Then I'll drop the garters and hop under the white mosquito net where the final exotic conquest of the day awaits me.
    In the morning I'll get up early before the heat gets unbearable and write a few pages for my book ("Ein Mann im Paradies") which I'll release to much fanfare shortly after my return to civilisation. Just wait for it, I say.

i listening to this
    i like it

You no listen good. Go listen here.

LCD Sound System - Live Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Guess it's me being the sensitive one then.
    Well it was an awful attempt at funny so no worries.

I never heard that about the white pants before. Not that I would wear white pants on any occasion...
    Never wear white pants. I can't stress this enough.

... Just wait for it, I say.
    Awesome!

http://youtu.be/yZhP9Mtxo5c

It's all about Akerfeldt.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Christ, that was dreadful. Ackerfeldt used to be a name that meant something. Now he's just another goddamn progzombie.

I should've known, actually -- Steve Wilson from Porcupine is in this project too and that's a red flag.

A sample from this weekend's listening. These are what I could find on the web to share:
    Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers
    John Mayall's Turning Point album - I attended one of the shows at the Filmore East which were recorded and then remixed for this album, so a bit of a trip down Nostalgia Lane
    Ola Belle Reed
    Incredible String Band - The Hedgehog's Song - "5000 Spirits or The Layers of an Onion"
    The Pentangle
    Moby Grape - more nostagia
    Big Mama Thornton's "Ball And Chain"
    Jeanne French with The Ocean Band - I Made Up My Mind

This song and video are quite good, if gross.

http://youtu.be/wXFK82TGh7c

(actually the original animation is pretty impressive too)

Xonotic OST - Stairs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S80lMcWvaRU

Always loved this song, especially while flying around in CTF maps enjoying the destruction.

This one is good too, but for indoor maps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK65PfrbpJQ

Some say this one is like the Halo theme, but i disagree.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvQp7r0JeCI
    Its pretty good as well, definately better than the original Nexuiz theme, which was pretty bad. I only started with Nexuiz at 2.2 though, so maybe there were three themes along the way? Don't know.
    Last edited by lost_soul; 1st Jun 2012 at 14:46.

He might sound exactly like Burial, but this russian guy is fucking awesome. Really fucking awesome. My Story is rapidly becoming my album of the year.

Aaaaah that sweet sweet melancholy.

Not bad at all, but I hate that vocal effect (at 1:43 for example) that was so overused in bad 90's pop music.

Here's a cool tune from an album that I've been listening to a lot lately:
    Acid Casuals / Bowl Me Over

I think it's quite insanely beautiful and catchy, and I absolutely love the harmonies there.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    I hate that vocal effect (at 1:43 for example) that was so overused in bad 90's pop music.
    It is a bit disconcerting to have some dark electronic music invaded by the chipmunks.

Knows his stuff
    Here's a bunch of nerdy Swedish kids who hang out in the basement and play synths. They call themselves Slagsmålsklubben, which means The Fight Club. Saw a documentary about them recently and this track really stuck with me. Cool video too.

Bit of acid that everyone seems to be having fun debating over whether it's Richard D James or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMIiqm47TY

PrEmoEffect - Green plums

lightens the weight on my shoulders nicely :-)

Lots of Dax's shit (mostly Acid Bath), and Ed Hall.

Been in the mood for Gorillaz for the past few days.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine

I tend to gravitate towards Dax Riggs/Acid Bath myself when I'm feeling sad. Yesterday was terrible.

Maybe some Candlemass will help you.

@deth: I saw you post Dax's song the other night and thought it was cool we were in the same music mood at the same time.

This is in heavy rotation for me:

I only discovered Dub FX yesterday and a bunch of my friends are off to a gig this weekend so I'm jealous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tgXCI

She’s A Fool (Cocktail Slippers)

Also,

I'm currently gay for Twin Shadow. (More than usual.) Tough guys make the best ballads of course. Even though he rides deep into cheese town, he sounds sincere and beautifully sad. And how the fuck did he get that sound in a parking lot?

Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 32374247525762677277787980818283848586879297 ... LastLast