TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Oh, shut up. It's your own fault you didn't finish the game five times by now and you know it.
    That's kinda hard for me you know, finishing it 5 times, considering it HASN'T COME OUT in NA.

Taking a break
    And yet some did. Hell, I finished it twice before it was out in Pollackistan.

It's magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    It's true that the zone has a lot more stalkers in it
    It's not that the Zone has more Stalkers, it's just that Bandits aren't aggressive towards the player.

All the more if the final voices are as awful as the ones linked by Koki
    Ahah, yeah. I posted the link when I was still downloading them, and when I actually checked them out I was amazed at how bad they are. Honestly I'd rather play without them, maybe only turn them on in Pripyat when there's lot of unsubbed talking done.

I know that game designers get headaches when they face the issue of making sure the player doesn't miss key story points. However, in-engine cutscenes interrupt the flow of the game and take away from the immersion. Plus, they are badly done. Do not do them anymore. Please.
    Was there anything wrong with the "cutscenes"(If you can even call them that)? I think that if you're going to have a long voiced monologue they work pretty well - compare it to the beginning of CS where everyone's just talking and talking and talking and you read the text thrice and they're not even halfway there yet.

I'm ready to go to Pripyat.
    I got my seva-suit, my exoskeleton, 8 different artifacts, my
    vintar, svd, tr, super-shotgun, 20 different meds....
    (time in zone: 3 weeks)

I got the guy with money-problems and the military guy to go with me and zulu....I also asked the crazy shotgun with pseudodog guy in Zaton but he had no dialogue option .... can you only take 2 with you (3 inlcuding Zulu ?)

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    can you only take 2 with you (3 inlcuding Zulu ?)
    And the Monolith guy.

That's what I was wondering too. Besides Zulu I got Vano and Osolokov or something... no one else appears to be nearly interested. Only that Gradi guy, but he seems determined to go alone...

what monolith guy?

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by snauty View Post
    what monolith guy?
    Rogue, duh!

yeah you spoke of him. can't find him. probably lying dead bloodsucked somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by snauty View Post
    what monolith guy?
    A lost monolith group appears on the Jupiter map not far from Jupiter territory, near a bridge. I think it appears only after you finish the quest about the lost Duty commander, which requires the most advanced detector.

Taking a break
    I'm pretty sure they're there all the time.

(They're near the bridge next to the Bandit base with the hostage IIRC)

and you can only befriend them/recruit if you get Duty to hire/accept them (nets you the Duty'sFriend achievement) which I can NOT since I gave the info/pda's always to Freedom. And they will not take them in. Only Duty would.
    I think you can only take 3 with you (zulu+2) therefore the crazy zaton shotgun/dog guy doesn't have the option open.
    omg, I'm already planning my 2nd playthrough in my head.

Pripyat, here I come.....

Game was utterly brilliant sofar. Chimera on master kills you with 2 hits therefore I used my trusty rpg on it. glorious. same about the stingray1 mission (minefield), the advanced field measurments (snorks), .......
    but all is being topped by those random encounters when you stroll down a road during night, it was like elaborate actionsequences with other stalkers joining in, dying....

most horrible sight I've seen is after raiding the bandit camp (free the hostage) I left many bandits half-dead lying on the ground. the stalker guy I got to help me went around for a few minutes, stopped at each bandit, made a witty comment and then executed him with his pistol. Around 12 bandits were wasted that way. wow, I was quite appalled by that but amazed at the same time.

Taking a break
    Both factions can take them in if they like you enough...

then what did I NOT do for freedom ? they are green (friendly), all quests that were possible or had choices I decided/did for them. And still he says he trusts ME but he still doesn't wanna take them in.

Taking a break
    Well that's odd. I'm pretty sure both of them should take them in.

well, no worries, I just wanted to check out that mission-branch, original I would have gone alone

another question: do I REALLY need to have the SEVA - suit for the tunnel ?
    cause I would like to take the exo with me, much more room to carry all my stuff over to pripyat.

Absolutely, for some poisoned sections exo won't help.

thx, i upgraded the exo for more weight and installed -radiation artifacts and can now carry my exo with me over to pripyat
    hiho, tunnel, here I go

you only got to reach prypiat once, afterwards you can hurl your stuff from one point to another anyway.

Taking a break
    You must HAVE it but you don't need to WEAR it

As long as you're wearing a Meat Chunk you should be fine.

By the way keep your eyes open in the tunnel, there's quite a bit of stuff stashed here and there.

Was there anything wrong with the "cutscenes"(If you can even call them that)? I think that if you're going to have a long voiced monologue they work pretty well - compare it to the beginning of CS where everyone's just talking and talking and talking and you read the text thrice and they're not even halfway there yet.
    Dunno, I'm one of those kids raised on HL (or something) who really dislikes everything that can take away from the first person perspective. I didn't find CoP "cutscenes" particularly interesting, I know I would have enjoyed more text better.

And yet some did. Hell, I finished it twice before it was out in Pollackistan.
    lol I wanna play it bad but I'm not THAT DESPERATE. I'd never import a non-english version with starforce. Fcccck that!!!

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashin View Post
    I'd never import a non-english version with starforce.
    Neither did I

I made it through the tunnel. I knew taking lots of shotgun and one good sniper (vintar) with me was the right choice. and yeah, you can go through with the exo alone but i just swapped them around depending on the area. awesome stuff in the tunnel. I didn't explore too much though. then arrived in pripyat - immediately settled in, took the first mission (get mystery weapon) and - ACTION BLAST. during the firefight 2 snorks and a chimera decided to chip in because I ventured too far from the hospital 'cause my friendly military guys went down in 1 minute. then it was mayhem deluxe. I hid, watched the show and took potshots. cleaned up afterwards. now I combed through pripyat. had the "snipa/jakal" mission, found both toolsets for both mechanics, pimped every weapon I got and now I'm a walking uebergod. bloodsuckers bounce off me. gnome went down fast as well. controller can't control me anymore. only chimeras and mobs of mutants are a problem. the monolith - star of the show. I love them
    they are so cute, you just don't wanna shoot them.

pripyat so far is a winner. desolate, barren and eeire and creepy. creeping around at night is so awesome.

So... I've finally bought CoP and played it for three hours.

Two questions:
    1) How do I earn some more money at the beginning? I only have this basic armor you start the game with (Dawn?). And I am dying in anomalies all the time.
    2) Distant terrirories look really ugly in the game. The grass is disappearing and the textures are blurry. I maxed detalis, view distance etc. Is there a way to improve level of details in the game?

details only on win7 64bit, there is a link to a vision mod further up the thread and money: artifacts and missions at the beginning. maybe selling ammo. I just ran around and looted bodies after firefights. zone is more harsh in the beginning. look out for dogs as well, they are mean bastards this time around. after some time you will get the hang of it (and a better detector).
    also this time around stashes are the goods just hidden beneath a desk for example, exploration is recommended for free goodies. I found my vintar that way. the veles detector I got through a mission somehow.
    Last edited by mothra; 1st Dec 2009 at 17:17.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast