TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: The petition for Thief 1&2 source publication

Quote Originally Posted by René
    Now I'm worried that if we don't deliver there will be a hanging in the town square!
    Nice joke, René!

BTW, seems that I've managed to remove the exclamation mark ("!") from the salutation to Mr. Yoichi Wada, and I'd like to thank www.PetitionOnline.com administration and personally Erin Wheeler for this . But I forget to put the comma...

P.S. 653 signs so far.
    Last edited by MoroseTroll; 1st Jun 2009 at 01:42.

jtr7
    A hangin' wouldn't be Thiefy enough. We'd probably put the nearest scapegoat into a crate, forget the lead-lining, and set off a sunburst device beneath it...in the Town Square...near the plaza's great statue.

But no... What NH said.

/signed. Hope we get it! There's no reason for them to keep it hidden, apart from the hassle and the possibility that no-one has it.
    Give it to us Yoichi!

oh, and 668 so far

jtr7
    I seriously think it's buried, and it will take some time or a stroke of fortune to uncover it, if and when they begin to look for it, should they choose to gift us with it.

Knock: Thank you for your sign!

P.S. 672 signs so far.

Make it 673.

jtr7: What do you mean "it's buried?" If you do know where is this place, we could send an expedition and even ask brother Murus to help us.

PotatoGuy: Thank you too .

P.S. 674 signs so far.

jtr7
    Heh heh heh. Lost in a stack of CDs, in a box, on a shelf, in a warehouse... That box better be labeled!

Or being used to steady a table with a short leg.

jtr7
    Heh.

A coaster! Oh noes!

The ol' LGS "Wheel of Fate"! Hmmm... No, it's just the clear protective disc from a spindle, but what about that gold disc? I'm joking!

Realistically, I can't see how it would be in Eidos' best interests to release the source code. Any additional tools for Dark will only take attention away from Thief4. At this point, it's easiest for them to just say it's lost forever.

jtr7
    Sure. 'Tis a dream, but seeing EM is looking into it at all is more optimistic, though.

R Soul:

Brethren, jtr7: Eidos Montreal is a relatively young developer, so let's hope that they are not so...cynical to hide T1&T2 source.

P.S. 680 signs so far.

jtr7
    EM has nothing to do with where the files are at all.

They wouldn't hide it. They don't even have it.

When LGS in Boston, Massachusetts was shut down, all the furniture, computers, hardware, software, were boxed up, and shipped elsewhere. We know some of it showed up at Ion Storm in Austin, Texas. We don't know if it was ALL shipped to Texas, and the devs had no idea what may have happened to the source code. Then Ion Storm was shut down, and nobody we know has any idea where all the furniture, computers, hardware, and software were shipped to. We don't know if the boxes of all that stuff were unpacked. We don't know where it's being stored, what may have been thrown away, what city or state it's in (presumably it never left the United States). We don't know what was auctioned off to people that weren't employees of Eidos.

We're dealing with real life getting in the way of our dreams, but we have not given up. Until all possibilities are explored, we will not give up.

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    R Soul:
    Eidos Montreal is a relatively young developer, so let's hope that they are not so...cynical to hide T1&T2 source.
    Eidos Montreal is a development studio. Eidos (the parent company) is the publisher and owns all the stuff. Eidos Montreal has absolutely nothing to do with this, aside from trying to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    EM has nothing to do with where the files are at all.

They wouldn't hide it. They don't even have it.

When LGS in Boston, Massachusetts was shut down, all the furniture, computers, hardware, software, were boxed up, and shipped elsewhere. We know some of it showed up at Ion Storm in Austin, Texas. We don't know if it was ALL shipped to Texas, and the devs had no idea what may have happened to the source code. Then Ion Storm was shut down, and nobody we know has any idea where all the furniture, computers, hardware, and software were shipped to. We don't know if the boxes of all that stuff were unpacked. We don't know where it's being stored, what may have been thrown away, what city or state it's in (presumably it never left the United States). We don't know what was auctioned off to people that weren't employees of Eidos.

We're dealing with real life getting in the way of our dreams, but we have not given up. Until all possibilities are explored, we will not give up.
    You know.. I was going to post something like this here today.. but I decided not too.. didnt want to be the one to bring everyone down. Did some looking up of info about the computers and stuff... they were all auctioned off.. hard drives and all so unless somebody knows who bought those machines..

jtr7
    Thankfully Eidos bought a lot of it, and when the devs were brought on to Ion Storm to work on TDS, they found their old computers were back, with the same desktop wallpapers. It was probably surreal.

I'm waiting to hear the official word from Eidos/EM/René to find out what the real situation is they're up against for tracking the disc(s) down.
    Last edited by jtr7; 6th Jun 2009 at 02:17.

jtr7, New Horizon: Yes, I do know about the difference between EM and E, and about that auction. When I spoke about cynicism, I had meant: if they (Eidos Montreal, not Eidos the parent company) manage to find the source of T1&T2.

P.S. 683 signs so far.

jtr7
    That still doesn't explain why you said what you did, as though questioning us.

Let's see if we can hit the 700-mark before next weekend.

jtr7: Perhaps I am too cynical to say what I did. Nevermind.

P.S. 690 signs so far.

10 more ppl...

We shall be remembered... Victorious we shall be...

In finding out that one of the former ttlg employees just realized that old hd in his old comp just happened to be the last spot where we'd find the source code...

... tho he formatted the hd instead

I wonder: if René doesn't manage to find the T1 and/or T2 source, should we ask Eidos for the...T3 source then? I know, my question is as impudent and cynical (as I am), but...

Well, I'm not definitely as talented as Matsuo Bashō:

A trees are green around me
    But I can't feel their joy
    So where is the source?

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    I wonder: if René doesn't manage to find the T1 and/or T2 source, should we ask Eidos for the...T3 source then? I know, my question is as impudent and cynical (as I am), but...
    T3 is probably much more unrealistic, because they licensed the Unreal Engine and most likely don't have the rights to give away the source code to a third party, let alone open sourcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    You know.. I was going to post something like this here today.. but I decided not too.. didnt want to be the one to bring everyone down. Did some looking up of info about the computers and stuff... they were all auctioned off.. hard drives and all so unless somebody knows who bought those machines..
    There will be records of those transactions.

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631364146 ... LastLast