TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2

awwww wittwe koki twying to make sawkastic wemawks about things he thinks he understands

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    awwww wittwe koki twying to make sawkastic wemawks about things he thinks he understands
    u mad

Gameplay vids all over YT. Here's a longplay by some japanese dude.

It's... Modern Warfare 2.

What is this website that just starts playing a commercial halfway through the video? Internet attention spans were not designed for that.

Knows his stuff
    Thoughts on the Crysis 2 MP demo

There's one mode: Team Deathmatch, on one map: the roof of a skyskraper which I embarrasingly kept walking of the edge of for my first 2 matches.

The Cloak and Armor skills are mapped to the shoulder-buttons and spend the same amount of energy whether you're moving or standing still. Speed and Strength have been integrated into the normal functions. Sprinting spends energy, though not much, and the longer you hold the jump button before releasing it, the higher you jump. Meleeing someone is a one-hit kill.

The sliding looks nice but I haven't been able to use it while shooting at anyone yet. I'm sure more skilled players will be able to to pull of some cool moves with it though. The mantling on the other hand I'm loving. Combined with the powerjump you can reach some pretty high-up places with it. And ofcourse it looks cool. I kept coming in last on the leaderboard, but some of the better players who had obviously a better understanding of the layout of the map moved really skillfully through it. Jumping from the floor to a platform and further up the wall, grabbing the railing and swinging onto the rooftop with the grace of Motoko Kusanagi.

After you get killed you get a killcam from your enemys POV that lets you see how he shot you. The snipers kill cam in particular looks cool as it slows down the bullet Max Payne-style, for a second before it slams into your head.

There are 4 classes (I think). I don't think armor or speed is changed by picking a different class, just the weapon loadout.

Overall it's alright. Though I'm not too keen on multiplayer so take that for what it's worth.

Knows his stuff
    I don't know what it is about the Crysis 2 MP demo but I keep coming back to it. I'm at level 7 now, playing as the Gunner class mostly. It seems there are two games modes, not just one like I said earlier. The "Crash Pods" mode is unlocked once you reach lvl 6 and it's a "capture and defend the position" type thing. I've also unlocked a Custom Class which lets me choose which gun and what armor and stealth addon-modules I want.

I recommend that everyone with a 360 give this demo a try. It's surprisingly fun.

Can you comment a little more on the mantling? How limited it is? Can you grab pretty much any right-angled ledge and pull yourself up, or is it restricted to the more "obvious" spots? I've watched a few MP videos, but it wasn't clear.

Knows his stuff
    Just about any right angled ledge I'd say. I certainly haven't failed to mantle in any spot I've tried to.

Chakat sex pillow
    Mantling, hmm? Something tells me that with all those roofs and ledges and overhangs combined with cloak, the game's going to be great for stealth.

"no one bitched when Doom 3's Ultra settings required 512MB VRAM."

...actually they did, quite a bit.

RE:Crysis 1: If you look up some videos, there were cases where objects in the world didn't have models because it was so poorly optimised for low end systems. For example, there is a video of a guy with an 8800 who can't see large boulders, like the one he was hiding behind while the Koreans shot at him.

I loved Crysis and I'll prolly enjoy 2 as well.
    Last edited by DaBeast; 27th Jan 2011 at 16:42.

Taking a break
    http://twitter.com/#!/Crysis

At this time, Crytek & EA are glad to confirm that we'll be releasing a pre-launch Crysis 2 multiplayer demo on PC! Stay tuned for details.
    PC demo? MP PC demo of all things? What happened to you EA? You used to be so cool with that whole "FUCK YOU CONSUMER" attitude

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

You'll likely find that the decision to release a PC demo was Crytek's decision, not EA's. Crysis 2 is published under the EA Partners programme, where developers generally retain autonomy and IP rights to their games. Hence Bulletstorm using GfWL which no internally developed EA game would go near, it was Epic's decision. Ditto for Valve games being released onto Steam, EA Partners publish their boxed copies and console versions, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    http://twitter.com/#!/Crysis

PC demo? MP PC demo of all things? What happened to you EA? You used to be so cool with that whole "FUCK YOU CONSUMER" attitude

Great, now they're treating PC gamers like console tards

You know where I am right now? Singapore. You know where I wish Crytek had taken Crysis 2? Singapore. I mean, I like the idea of scaling the action up to a polupation centre, but New York is so... done. Singapore is a metropolis with all the concrete-jungle stuff you could ever want, plus tons of greenery, and a far more interesting cultural heritage (IMO) than NY which makes for better environments. It's probably just my love-affair with Asia, but does this strike anyone else as a good idea?

(Is secretly a guaranteed purchase of DX3 because it features Shanghai )

It's kind of hard to justify a bunch of Super-suited Americans defending Thailand.

Yeah, but I didn't respect Crysis 1's story that much .

EDIT: Protecting consumer interests?

Maybe, though something along like "Fuck those Singaporeans, steal the alien tech" would be an easier sell.

It would never happen though. I'm under the distinct impression New York was chosen for not having any actual jungles and thus it could look good without giving the consoles a heart attack. Plus, it's familiar worldwide, if I'm not mistaken. Your typical Thailander is likely to at least have some idea what New York is like. But your average American couldn't tell Singapore from Seoul from Tokyo.

Work with me here, I'm an idealist .

From a story perspective, I reckon you could shoehorn in any location in the world. Heck, Halo went to Africa... kind of.

From the POV of recognition, that's fair. But isn't it worthwhile to at least try to break out of retreading the same old locations because they're immediately recognisable? (Well... maybe worthwhile, but not profitable.) I just can't believe that so many more people are going to buy Crysis 2 simply because 'hey, it's in my country now!'*

*Like I said, I'm an idealist... maybe people really are that horrible.

EDIT: Also, I guess you're right that it would never happen. Which I don't mind, because when I eventually finish the coding on my masterpiece of a shooter, I can set it in Singapore and be all cool for doing it first .

Fuck Singapore. I wanna traverse my stomping grounds in a game. Hocking Hills, OH. AWESOME hunting grounds, tons of water, hills, caves, trees. Man, I have bagged probably 100 trophy quality animals there, and maybe a couple people too. But I'll never tell...
    Last edited by gunsmoke; 10th Feb 2011 at 22:42.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I'd be happy with a horror game set in Cincinnati. Something scary in our abandoned unfinished 100-year-old subway tunnel with the 90-degree turn.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    I mean, I like the idea of scaling the action up to a polupation centre, but New York is so... done.
    GOD yes. There have got to be a thousand other cities worldwide that would make fantastic playgrounds for a game like this but fuckers keep on going back to New York. Max Payne, True Crime, Prototype, at least 4 GTAs, Enslaved(did a post-apoc NY), Driver, The Warriors... and those are just the ones that immediately spring to mind. I don't care where they place it but when it was announced that Crysis 2 would be in NY I was like "really, again?".

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    uh

to be fair to the warriors the warriors film (1979) was set in NYC

god forbid a game based on a cult classic be as faithful to said cult classic as possible, nooo we can't have that 'cuz it'd be set in NEW YORK and NEW YORK IS EVERYWHERE AAAAAh

Don't forget Freedom Fighters and Spiderman, henke.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    NEW YORK IS EVERYWHERE AAAAAh
    whoa chill out man

Singapore is in Malaysia, not Thailand.

has anybody seen Skyline? it almost looks like Crysis the movie, but without the nanosuit. kind of a terrible movie tho.

Meh. :/

I think I'll just buy the game instead of pirating it first then. Just once. Just on principle.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast