TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Tafferpatcher: unofficial complete patch for Thief 2

Um, I'd suggest not installing both, that can lead to trouble. Personally, I much prefer DarkLoader, but either way, stick with one Loader.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Um, I'd suggest not installing both, that can lead to trouble. Personally, I much prefer DarkLoader, but either way, stick with one Loader.
    I will uninstall Garretloader. But how do I fix the install once Darkloader is the only loader w/taffer patcher? In summary, the game freezes due to widescreen driver glitch.

You'll need to explain what your problem is in more detail, I can't really work it out from your two posts.

Is there any problem with simply installing T2Skies and The Enhancement Pack separately on top of Tafferpatcher or will that overwrite something important?

It shouldn't.

Any possibility of getting a Tafferpatcher T1/Gold version?

You'll need to explain what your problem is in more detail, I can't really work it out from your two posts.
    I installed T2 from scratch and applied the 1.18 patch afterwards. Then I ran the game only to get the widescreen freeze. I then found tafferpatcher, which I installed and it prompted me to insert the original disks like a re-install. I could play the game after this even though it doesn't take up the whole screen.
    I then saved a game and restarted the PC. Then installed Darkloader, which wouldn't find T2.exe main game folder as it had been altered by Tafferpatcher. I then loaded Garretloader which would run the game except crashes once I get inside the house. So, now I'm really stuck. I can still run the special tafferpatcher executable from my Vista x32 bit desktop which the program created. Whenever launching the regular T2.exe, it locks up via teh house on a original mission. I want to get the fan missions going again. I downloaded several patches but haven't applied them. I can list them if you'd like. Any ways, thanks a bunch for your assistance.

What is "the widescreen freeze"?

Where is Thief 2 installed to?

Crashing after a certain amount of playing sounds like a dual-core issue. Which TafferPatch should have installed the fix for..

What is "the widescreen freeze"?

Where is Thief 2 installed to?

Crashing after a certain amount of playing sounds like a dual-core issue. Which TafferPatch should have installed the fix for..
    Widescreen drivers I had heard, were causing issues especially in hig-end video cards. (Read in DDFix) --As soon as I run inside the house, just before the second room, or sometimes I can make it to the upstairs and it will always freze just as I blackjack the first guard.

T2 ------ C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief2 due to OS x64 bit.

Tafferpatcher v0.6.2 is the version I installed. maybe it is an issue w/dual & quad core. When installing, the DDFix widescreen patch is available.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I can still run the special tafferpatcher executable from my Vista x32 bit desktop which the program created.
    T2 ------ C:\Program Files (x86)\Thief2 due to OS x64 bit.
    This is just confusing. What OS are you using?!
    In any case, never install the game to Program Files or Program Files (x86) in Windows Vista or 7, those are special OS-protected folders. Install to C:\Games\Thief 2 or a similar folder instead.

Widescreen drivers I had heard, were causing issues especially in hig-end video cards. (Read in DDFix) --As soon as I run inside the house, just before the second room, or sometimes I can make it to the upstairs and it will always freze just as I blackjack the first guard.
    I'm not familiar with this as I don't use the widescreen patch myself.

In any case, never install the game to Program Files or Program Files (x86) in Windows Vista or 7, those are special OS-protected folders. Install to C:\Games\Thief 2 or a similar folder instead.

I will uninstall everything and re-install in a general folder. I'm dual booting Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and Vista x64 bit Ultimate editins and Thief is installed on Vista x64 bit. I'll also un-install Darkloader and Garrettloader too. After thwe re-install, I'll install Garretloader as I want to use/play Thief 3.

I will uninstall everything and re-install in a general folder. I'm dual booting Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and Vista x64 bit Ultimate editins and Thief is installed on Vista x64 bit. I'll also un-install Darkloader and Garrettloader too. After thwe re-install, I'll install Garretloader as I want to use/play Thief 3.
    I installed T2 in the C:\Games......(Vista x64(64 bit)). Then patched T2 to v1.18. Ran game and froze immediately. I then installed Tafferpatcher....... I see tafferpatcher has multi-core and widescreen modifications. I selected both. Tafferpatcher worked.... Doesn't freeze at highest resolution.
    However, when I installed Garrettloader using regular settings it froze in the middle of the first level of the original missions when I changed to the 1600x1200 resolution.
    Any ideas......

I also tested your suggestion about the multi-core issue and install Tafferpatcher w/T2 on my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition and it required the multi-core fix adn wide screen mod in tafferpatcher. It runs like a champ, but now the issue is how do I run fan misisons. I cannot get Darkloader to play the game properly. It goes into the OM's and on the first level without the multi-core fix, the game locks up and I have to start task manager to stop the application.

I read teh entire post and I'm not seeing any type of fix for what I need, but thanks to Nameless Voice, about getting a game "multi-core (CPU)" fix for loading FM instead of just playing OMs would be beneficial since I have Windows 7 (64-bit) & Vista (64-bit OSs. The fix with in the Tafferpatcher will get the OMs working.
    Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

It's still the same porgram. Once it's fixed for OMs, it's also fixed for FMs. You still play all missions through Thief2.exe. Are you sure DarkLoader is using the correct installation of Thief? Maybe you have two copies installed?

It shouldn't.
    T2Skies installs something for every mission in the game. That isn't overwriting the other changes Tafferpatcher has made to the same missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
    T2Skies installs something for every mission in the game. That isn't overwriting the other changes Tafferpatcher has made to the same missions?
    The game is not using T2Skies I believe unless Taffpatcher has incorprated them in his latest patch.

It's still the same porgram. Once it's fixed for OMs, it's also fixed for FMs. You still play all missions through Thief2.exe. Are you sure DarkLoader is using the correct installation of Thief? Maybe you have two copies installed?
    The interesting issue is that when I install Darkloader it says it cannot find the T2.exe file from the C:\Games\Thief2 directory (under Vista). Now on Windows 7, I've installed tafferpatcher under C:\Users\dbrilliant\TestFolder directory. The windows 7 install has darkloader. Do I point darkloader to find T2.exe under the testfolder directory? I haven't doen it yet.

You guys are the best...... I uninstalled Darkloader on Windwos 7 and pointed it to the Testfolder path and it launched OMs and an FM like a champ. this adds both fixes I needed to launch the game. This was a bit of my fault for not thinking through but a huge thanks to you guys for making it possible. I would really like to thank the author for the creation of this patch. I'm back and have many FMs to play again....... Another proof that thief will never fizzle out.....

The game is not using T2Skies I believe unless Taffpatcher has incorprated them in his latest patch.
    I'm talking about installing T2Skies myself after Tafferpatcher. T2S either modifies or replaces every .mis file. If it's just patching those files it may be fine, but if it's replacing them altogether I'll lose some of the other fixes.

Interesting.... Where is T2Skies? Thanks...... I may look into that patch but do research as I'm very happy at the moment.

It's here. t2skies only patches mis files, and should apply cleanly on top of changes made by Tafferpatcher without canceling any of those changes.

Thanks, downloading now.

T2X

Hi I just installed tafferpatcher even though thief 2 worked, because I couldn't get Dromed to work. It now works, but afterwards, I installed thief 2X and (although normal thief and Dromed still work) T2X gives a poput saying "Resolution in cam.cfg does not match that given in ddfix.ini". Why is this and how do I fix it. T2X will not run.

Pretty self-explanatory: the resolution DDFix is trying to use (specified in DDFix.ini) does not match the resolution the game is trying to use (specified in cam.cfg).
    Presumably the T2X installer modified cam.cfg.

See the section on manually setting the screen resolution in the DDFix FAQ for more information on how to modify the files in question and fix the issue.