TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439444954 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch a newbie, remember your "first time"

@Tafferling: Fucking hilarious!

"Burrick Obama"
    How many fire arrows he has left, 3? Oh no, i think he will need 5 to get the Mystic Soul and he already found the stash in the room with pressure tiles. Do you remember where are fire arrows can be found or iis it time for Fire Shadow already? Putting golden bones to rest will provide holy water and water arrows, i think (not it that helps much, considering how he wasted his three holy water vials).
    Last edited by Sneaksie; 15th Jun 2010 at 08:39.

Yeah, he called Burrick Obama a topical joke. What's a topical joke?
    Bash the guy all you want, he's fun anyway.

I never thoght about how some stones coming from a stone wall can hold even more stoney coffins.

I envy his way of playing sometimes. I wish I too could just live with losing my health, getting spotted, wasting resources. But no, I have to reload. At times I would rather struggle 30 minutes in a single spot and not waste a thing than use a moss arrow or 2 and be one with it within seconds. Lately I haven't been that insane, though.

On the next episode:
    Is he going to figure out how to get more firearrows?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Bash the guy all you want, he's fun anyway.
    True. For all my complaints I still find myself checking for a new video at least a few times a day. I'm really enjoying this.

new part is up.

he discovered he can retrieve rope arrows

the mating call ain't workin!
    Last edited by mr nobuddy; 15th Jun 2010 at 18:42.

I love how he describes the shoddy brushwork:

"Really?!? Look at that! They left a big chunk of the level just sittin' there"

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I envy his way of playing sometimes. I wish I too could just live with losing my health, getting spotted, wasting resources. But no, I have to reload.
    If that's any consolation, it makes you a better human.

He asked for help, can't find the area where Mystic Soul is (keeps thinking it's in the room where the fire arrow stash was).

The mating call ain't working

Classical Master 2008
    He is also getting better. Slowly, but he does.

...and he will need every little ounce of skill for the Guild. Mwahahahahaha!

Not only there.
    TDP is seriously very unfriendly to newcomers, TG even more IMO. Thief 2 would be much more fun for him I think (although changing the order of games played spoils the plot a bit, but still...).

I'm looking forward to seeing his frustration in THC xD (I played TDS and TMA before T1, and still got thoroughly annoyed...)

However, I skipped the first missions and started following his videos at Bonehoard, well... he's not THAT bad. Seems to me that he's getting familiar with the somewhat awkward enviroment quite quickly.

From the beginning when he starts whining that the narrator wont stop talking in the tutorial mission I knew exactly the type of person I was listening to. Can't handle groaners like "Oh man if we watched we could have seen them start fuckin' or somethin'."

If you're gonna play a pure stealth game that helped invent the genre it's probably not a good idea to treat it like Duke Nukem.
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 19th Jun 2010 at 15:18.

He's going to secretly start liking it. Either that or a breakdown, so it's win-win.

He complains about the levels being big basically cause he is simply both used to straightforward stuff and because he's generally frustrated.

And he's probably being extra vulgar or w/e that tone is because he's making it a show for basically abunch of bored nerds or whatever they are. That's probably why I enjoy it so much anyway.

Also, it's vital to take into consideration, that he wasn't around PC games a decade ago, as he remarks that in many different ways.

All in all I think he's nicer than he's ok. I'm sure he'd be going woot from some T2 FMs,where there's no texture failures, in fact they look awesome, et cetera, though I guess he might not remember to appreciate it. Who knows. Maybe I just see too much good in the guy.

Oh god, the bow upgrade... I'm going to perform my ttlger duty.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by cast View Post
    However, I skipped the first missions and started following his videos at Bonehoard, well... he's not THAT bad. Seems to me that he's getting familiar with the somewhat awkward enviroment quite quickly.
    I think people at SA chewed him out thoroughly, as Bonehoard 3 and 4 are much more entertaining to watch. It's odd how sometimes he can be pretty clever and sometimes display such a blatant ADD it's unbearable. I almost find myself screaming "Can't you SEE that?!" at the screen sometimes, and I think last time I played Thief was eight years ago so it's not simply a matter of me remembering it all(I forgot the golden skeleton existed altogether for example).

And two words people: Brother Murus. If he gets that far...

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    And two words people: Brother Murus. If he gets that far...
    Even earlier I suppose. Comes a man to rescue me… Poor man…

Rather poor attention span in E4V4.

Now that gives me ten!? Wait what!?

I find his way of playing very, very strange.

My own first time was in normalmode, and yes, I slaughtered guards. That's because I had played Hexen 2 not too long ago before Thief, and in Hexen 2, you could play as Mage or Warrior or Assassin. The Assassin used "stealth" for dealing backstab damages, so this is where I came from when I backstabbed just about every guard in Bafford's.

So, normalmode and slaughtering - okay. But I spent some time in these missions and looked into all these "pointless" tunnels and stuff and so I found the two doors leading to the Mystic's Soul & Heart in the Bonehoard quite early on; having no issues in later replays to connect these strange locked metal doors with the two new objectives.

But he is just running around like a kid on Ritalin deprival, cursing the game in a Tourette alike way, ignoring just about everything. Heck, when he picked up the Horn of Quintus and the sound did stop, he didn't even notice that. Instead, it was all like "huh, the dinosaurs aren't attacking me? They must be bugged or something" before he took the Horn, and then later on they must've been bugged or something again when he returned. Rrrrright.

The first point where I really needed outside help was in Undercover: finding the keystone. I wasn't playing the original English version of the game, so it was translated into something even more cryptic than "keystone", and I just couldn't find the thing at all - but he is already whining for help and advice in mission #4?

It's just frustrating to watch him play like that.

It's like watching a retard butchering your favourite novel by trying to read it aloud.
    Last edited by Lytha; 17th Jun 2010 at 07:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    he is just running around like a kid on Ritalin deprival, cursing the game in a Tourette alike way, ignoring just about everything.
    Sums it up quite nicely. It's aggravating watching him play like that.

If they make T4 for this guy we're screwed.

I had about..oh 3-4 hours of FPS experience when I first tried TDP and I played circles around this idiot.

I can't see him getting much further unless divine intervention grants him some patience and basic problem solving skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    It's like watching a retard butchering your favourite novel by trying to read it aloud.
    lol so true... and even literally during the cutscenes
    Last edited by Cobak; 17th Jun 2010 at 23:27.

Didn't find this entertaining in the least. I tried watching, but couldn't get all the way through the first video (so yes I could be missing more "fun" later). I think he's over-acting a role (that of a punk kid who doesn't understand the game), and trying to be amusing and failing. Miserably.

I've watched several newbies play (every friend and gf I've introduced the game to) and none of them played like this. This is just aggravating.

By contrast, the Freeman's Mind episodes (link) actually succeed at being amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    That's hilarious. "Why are there zombies in this game?"
    haha yeah, how he laughed about it at the beginning^^Failure..
    Last edited by gunder; 17th Jun 2010 at 11:40.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439444954 ... LastLast