TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thief Reloaded Contest FM: Complicated Cargo (05.02.2011)

A speed potion is helpful in this case

.....if I had one............

Use a rope arrow to get onto the balcony next to the powerstation. Then jump from that balcony.

You can also jump to the ship from the clocktower.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Wow wow wow, another shiny jem in the Thief universe!!!!
    Having a prob at the end of mission: have got the last cargo and called the ship, but it is too high and I'm not able to climb the ladder. The ship stops over the metal thing on the roof, but it does not allow me to climb the iron thing in order to get to the ladder.
    Rope arrows won't work also.....
    Before ship gets to you, get back on to balcony jump on to surround from there you can jump on to ships ladder

Missing loot

Awesome mission, a beautiful recollection of the best times of the Thief Universe, and with fabulous innovations.
    BTW: Has anyone come near the target loot amount on Expert? The best I've been able to achieve is 2237... and I also miss 3 secrets.
    I wonder if anybody as obsessive as myself has discovered more - and I'd be grateful for sharing the results

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Missing loot
    BTW: Has anyone come near the target loot amount on Expert? The best I've been able to achieve is 2237... and I also miss 3 secrets.
    All loot is availlable as well as the secrets.
    Since you missed quite a bunch, maybe return to the start point and go for loot more thouroughly ?

It just comes to my mind:
    as stated in the readme, there is a lootlist included in the zip.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 20th Feb 2011 at 08:35.

@csamba:

This mission contains 2 secrets from the T2 Demo version of that map, which have been removed from the release version

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    All loot is availlable as well as the secrets.

It just comes to my mind:
    as stated in the readme, there is a lootlist included in the zip.
    Of course, had it come to my mind to look there in the first place... thank you for reminding, and for the courtesy of the author.
    An amazing mission, I look forward to replay it immediately.

Firefly is coming back???

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/17/...lay-mal-again/

But they killed Wash. Maybe he'll return as a f'd-up compassionate Reaver?

There will be "extras", but no new episodes being filmed. I'm hoping it will increase the cult fan base to the point where someone decides there's money in binging it back.
    Last edited by redleaf; 20th Feb 2011 at 19:37. Reason: Tannar's post

Great!

Joss Whedon said himself, that if the series should ever be continued, he will declare the movie as "non-canon" and therefore Wash and Shepherd Book would still be alive!

I can't wait seeing tons of new quotes being added to this list:
    http://www.thehallway.net/storage/fi...otes/index.htm

The article seems to be saying that they will just be airing the original episodes. The series won't be continuing.

Yes, but there's always this tiny piece of hope

i made my first drop,i am at the fieldstone estate,i can see the ship above what i suppose are the apartment,how do i get there,

The apartments are the building with the fire escape ladder outside the window, north of the Fieldstone Estate.

You know, for the most part I enjoyed it, though you captured the reason I HATE Firefly perfectly.

Abysmally paced dialog with camerawork that makes COPS look competant. EVERY in-engine cutscene in this was boring, the dialog makes... Kirk's.... slow... broken... speech... from... TOS sound like Speedy Gonzales on crack -- and the dialog is over, why does it continue to sit here for ten seconds not letting me do ANYTHING?

But then it seems like every time I tried to watch firefly it was some boring conversation in a cargo bay (aka Fox lot #9) where the director didn't know how to end a scene and just liked panning the camera around at nothing... (The same thing that turned ST:TMP into a train wreck best watched with your finger on the fast-forward button)

So in a way, you captured the world of Serenity/Firefly perfectly. That's not necessarily a good thing as it always felt like they were given an hour time slot and then didn't know what to fill it with -- like a lot of recent hour long shows I get the feeling they'd make a really good 20 minutes if the art school crap had been left on the cutting room floor.

But even so, the rooftops of Dayport are like visiting an old friend. It is perhaps one of the best level designs from ANY Thief game, and still feels as fresh as the day I first played it.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 21st Feb 2011 at 18:07.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    i made my first drop,i am at the fieldstone estate,i can see the ship above what i suppose are the apartment,how do i get there,
    thanks i had been there,its the ship i need to get to,from there. can see it
    south of where i am running round in circles.

doug, I supose you
    1. stole the chest from Castle Van Vernon
    2. dropped the first beacon on the roof next to the castle marked by an "X"
    3. waited until Serenity landed and put the cargo on board
    4. stole the crate from Dayport apartmens
    5. dropped the second beacon on the roof of the apartments, also marked by an "X"
    6. waited until Serenity landed and put the cargo on board

If so, you should then proceed to Shemenov Estate.

Didn't particularly care for the overt and excessively long Firefly references but gameplay was good and story progression was nice. Certainly was original and there is never enough of rooftop missions or Life of Party. Item goals were something new and different and new architecture blended well for the most part.

End part was weird though, I could swear I had seen this tower part as another FM. It seemed almost direct cut and paste, jarring experience to be sure.

I didn't encounter any significant bugs and luckily didn't have any crashes so I guess I was lucky then. Overall - quite fun, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dark View Post
    End part was weird though, I could swear I had seen this tower part as another FM. It seemed almost direct cut and paste, jarring experience to be sure.
    You're right. You have seen this part before, but in one of my other FMs called A Theft in High Towne
    Complicated Cargo = Life of the Party + A Theft in High Towne

Actually I wanted to add some additional sections from the 5th part of Keeper Investigations, but it was too much for DromEd (in terms of terrain and objects).

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    doug, I supose you
    1. stole the chest from Castle Van Vernon
    2. dropped the first beacon on the roof next to the castle marked by an "X"
    3. waited until Serenity landed and put the cargo on board
    4. stole the crate from Dayport apartmens
    5. dropped the second beacon on the roof of the apartments, also marked by an "X"
    6. waited until Serenity landed and put the cargo on board

If so, you should then proceed to Shemenov Estate.
    thanks a lot i did not find the x i will go back to look.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/17/...lay-mal-again/

But they killed Wash. Maybe he'll return as a f'd-up compassionate Reaver?

There will be "extras", but no new episodes being filmed. I'm hoping it will increase the cult fan base to the point where someone decides there's money in binging it back.
    for one brief shining moment I really thought a new series was being produced

however, it's the original series shown in the order that Joss Whedon wanted them shown

if family guy and futurama can beat the brain dead, cigar chewing, talentless, bloated idiots at fox why the hell can't firefly

it was a nice thought while it lasted I guess

Awesome one. Felt kinda odd, doing the *almost* same thing as before...

I have one question, though. I am at the bank, and I cannot open the safe. I picked and pulled the lever opening the outer door, but where's the key to the inner? The one guard was carrying doesn't fit. Where is it from, by the by, too?

Nevermind, found it *seconds* after I posted. Just in case someone else has this issue... Adore the nature
    Last edited by CheeseshireCat; 27th Aug 2011 at 16:25. Reason: TEH USUAL :)

Secrets, hints, cargo list, loot: HERE

Thanks! Do you mind if I link your file in the first post of this thread?