TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 112 of 112

Thread: Thief Reloaded Contest FM: Complicated Cargo (05.02.2011)

  1. #101
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2003
    Location: Nampa, Idaho
    Go ahead. Keep in mind that the file may be deleted once I consolidate the 2011 FMs into one volume.

  2. #102
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Texas

    Clock Tower

    Could someone tell me what I am looking for in the clocktower? I have been inthe vault, there is a locker there that is not frobbable, and a chest that I opened and got loot from. And yes, I have done the other drops.
    Last edited by tafferjim; 5th May 2012 at 21:19.

  3. #103
    Moderator
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Location: shalebridgecradle.co.uk
    That locker in the vault is the cargo. It is on the floor, correct? You should be able to pick it up. If you can't, but you've been able to get all the other cargo, then I don't know what the problem could be. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

  4. #104
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    That locker in the vault is the cargo. It is on the floor, correct? You should be able to pick it up. If you can't, but you've been able to get all the other cargo, then I don't know what the problem could be. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.
    Yes, it is on the floor, but does nothing when I frob it.

  5. #105
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2007
    Location: Germany
    Just to be sure:
    You've found the other 5 pieces of cargo and placed them aboard the Serenity and signaled the ship to land near the clocktower?

  6. #106
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Texas

    Cargo

    Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Just to be sure:
    You've found the other 5 pieces of cargo and placed them aboard the Serenity and signaled the ship to land near the clocktower?
    I haven't signaled the ship yet will try that then go back and see.

  7. #107
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Awesome mission! It's like 'Life of the Party' without the boring part (Angelwatch) but with even more secrets and windows to enter. Two thumbs up.


    I need help with the last piece of loot. In the very first section in the lootlist, an apartment SW the bell tower by the start:

    - Silver coinstack under table. Check.
    - Copper coinstack under table. Check.
    - Purse in chest. Check.

    So I am definitely in the right place.
    Then...

    - Dice in footlooker

    (I miss exactly 50 gold so this is the missing item.)

    I can not find a footlocker in here. Do I need to find a switch to open something so that I can get to it? Or is there another window I can enter around here and find other room(s) in this apartment? I've scoured the place high and low for quite a while now. There is not much in here. One small room with a bed and a plant and a tiny room with a table. 2 water arrows and a gas arrow to pick up.



    EDIT: I found it! It's NOT in the apartment SW the bell tower. It's in another apartment northwest of the bell tower. It's not even in the same building! I think the lootlist is misleading when it's grouped together with the three items in the other apartment...
    Last edited by jiansonz; 16th May 2012 at 15:27.

  8. #108
    Moderator
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Location: shalebridgecradle.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    It's NOT in the apartment SW the bell tower. It's in another apartment northwest of the bell tower. It's not even in the same building! I think the lootlist is misleading when it's grouped together with the three items in the other apartment...
    Just to be clear, the lootlist is actually correct, right? It does show the correct location of the dice. I can see how it could be misleading, though.

  9. #109
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Well, you could say it's the correct location if you interpret it on a wider scale - to something like 'dice in footlocker in an apartment near the bell tower'.

    However, the compass direction from the bell tower is wrong. As it is written, it does say that it's in the same apartment as the other three loot items. Note that it does not say 'apartments'. If it had been written like that (plural), you'd know that there is more than one.

  10. #110
    Moderator
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Location: shalebridgecradle.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    However, the compass direction from the bell tower is wrong. As it is written, it does say that it's in the same apartment as the other three loot items.
    Actually, the compass directions are different. The first three say "southwest" and the one with the dice says "northwest".

    Here is the relevant part of the lootlist:

    Code:
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack copper coins under table
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack silver coins under table 	
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 purse in chest 	
    Apartment northwest of Bell Tower 	   1 pair gold dice in footlocker

  11. #111
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Actually, the compass directions are different. The first three say "southwest" and the one with the dice says "northwest".

    Here is the relevant part of the lootlist:

    Code:
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack copper coins under table
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack silver coins under table 	
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 purse in chest 	
    Apartment northwest of Bell Tower 	   1 pair gold dice in footlocker

    Ah, those are better directions than in the lootlist I used.

    I used the one liked to in post #99 in this thread - it has a top that looks like this.

  12. #112
    Moderator
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Location: shalebridgecradle.co.uk
    Ah. That explains why I wasn't understanding. The one I quoted is the one I wrote while testing the mission. It was released with the mission, iirc, but it's also at thiefmissions.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •