TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thief Reloaded Contest FM: Complicated Cargo (05.02.2011)

Go ahead. Keep in mind that the file may be deleted once I consolidate the 2011 FMs into one volume.

Clock Tower

Could someone tell me what I am looking for in the clocktower? I have been inthe vault, there is a locker there that is not frobbable, and a chest that I opened and got loot from. And yes, I have done the other drops.
    Last edited by tafferjim; 5th May 2012 at 21:19.

That locker in the vault is the cargo. It is on the floor, correct? You should be able to pick it up. If you can't, but you've been able to get all the other cargo, then I don't know what the problem could be. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    That locker in the vault is the cargo. It is on the floor, correct? You should be able to pick it up. If you can't, but you've been able to get all the other cargo, then I don't know what the problem could be. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.
    Yes, it is on the floor, but does nothing when I frob it.

Just to be sure:
    You've found the other 5 pieces of cargo and placed them aboard the Serenity and signaled the ship to land near the clocktower?

Cargo

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Just to be sure:
    You've found the other 5 pieces of cargo and placed them aboard the Serenity and signaled the ship to land near the clocktower?
    I haven't signaled the ship yet will try that then go back and see.

Awesome mission! It's like 'Life of the Party' without the boring part (Angelwatch) but with even more secrets and windows to enter. Two thumbs up.

I need help with the last piece of loot. In the very first section in the lootlist, an apartment SW the bell tower by the start:

- Silver coinstack under table. Check.
    - Copper coinstack under table. Check.
    - Purse in chest. Check.

So I am definitely in the right place.
    Then...

- Dice in footlooker

(I miss exactly 50 gold so this is the missing item.)

I can not find a footlocker in here. Do I need to find a switch to open something so that I can get to it? Or is there another window I can enter around here and find other room(s) in this apartment? I've scoured the place high and low for quite a while now. There is not much in here. One small room with a bed and a plant and a tiny room with a table. 2 water arrows and a gas arrow to pick up.

EDIT: I found it! It's NOT in the apartment SW the bell tower. It's in another apartment northwest of the bell tower. It's not even in the same building! I think the lootlist is misleading when it's grouped together with the three items in the other apartment...
    Last edited by jiansonz; 16th May 2012 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    It's NOT in the apartment SW the bell tower. It's in another apartment northwest of the bell tower. It's not even in the same building! I think the lootlist is misleading when it's grouped together with the three items in the other apartment...
    Just to be clear, the lootlist is actually correct, right? It does show the correct location of the dice. I can see how it could be misleading, though.

Well, you could say it's the correct location if you interpret it on a wider scale - to something like 'dice in footlocker in an apartment near the bell tower'.

However, the compass direction from the bell tower is wrong. As it is written, it does say that it's in the same apartment as the other three loot items. Note that it does not say 'apartments'. If it had been written like that (plural), you'd know that there is more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    However, the compass direction from the bell tower is wrong. As it is written, it does say that it's in the same apartment as the other three loot items.
    Actually, the compass directions are different. The first three say "southwest" and the one with the dice says "northwest".

Here is the relevant part of the lootlist:

Code:
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack copper coins under table
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack silver coins under table 	
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 purse in chest 	
    Apartment northwest of Bell Tower 	   1 pair gold dice in footlocker

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Actually, the compass directions are different. The first three say "southwest" and the one with the dice says "northwest".

Here is the relevant part of the lootlist:

Code:
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack copper coins under table
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 stack silver coins under table 	
    Apartment southwest of Bell Tower 	   1 purse in chest 	
    Apartment northwest of Bell Tower 	   1 pair gold dice in footlocker

Ah, those are better directions than in the lootlist I used.

I used the one liked to in post #99 in this thread - it has a top that looks like this.

Ah. That explains why I wasn't understanding. The one I quoted is the one I wrote while testing the mission. It was released with the mission, iirc, but it's also at thiefmissions.