TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934394449 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkane Studios Releases - Dishonored!

taking that into account one could ask what the purpose of ttlg is as well. What's so bad giving ppl some room to discuss a new, exciting game ? Since we know only so little one can only guess and speculate but isn't that part of the fun ? Once there is enough info/media the discussions will focus and get less random.

jtr7
    Apples and oranges. TTLG is an LGS memorial site, a place to discuss the media the ex-LGS alum have gone on to produce since, and of course, much of it concerns the modding communities building from the legacy titles with those assets or in the spirit of the games, and then there are the relationships forged here that create a whole other layer to TTLG, and this is not an official forum for any existing corporate game developer.

The official forums for any official video game title don't have a clear purpose, with so much dross to slog through, and there's a muddled impression that expressing wishes on those boards will influence game design, yet it's too much for anyone to read through and gain anything but the same full spectrum of likes/dislikes found anywhere.

The Architect
    I haven't seen any of what you describe. What arguments? I haven't seen any moderator activity nor anyone suggesting ideas yet. Are you talking about the greater forums at large over there? I haven't visited them.

And there are RSS feeds you can tap. I am sure that Game Informer has one, as would sites like Kotaku or maybe Rock Paper Shotgun.

The Architect
    Dishonored World Map

disworld..JPG

Game Informer continues to tease what they learned from the studio visit with this interactive map, revealing some of the game's background fiction.

Religion of the Everyman ? Leviathans ? The Fugue Feast - count me in
    Anymore insight on the political structure of the world(s) ?
    How much say does have religion, are they in the goverment, a tool of them or a power of their own ?
    Did they reveal anything about how the society works ?
    Interesting stuff and a beautifully designed map

Dunwall = London

the white cliffs of dover are off though

So is Ire-land. Lucky Scots finally separated thou

The Architect
    You guys are sharp.

I sense a connection between the Fugue Feast and the game's chaos-tracking system mentioned before.

That car seems totally out-of-place.

The problem of having designs by Antonov: everything looks like Half-Life 2.

It`s a "problem" with any designer with a distinct style. Usually a good thing.

I like how Arkane`s Frenchiness shines through these screencaps - about time too, bit tired of American Way with only Japan as a countermeasure.

If those screens are from the GI article (and they are), I surely hope that Digital Nightfall was wrong about them being taken on PC. It's sad to see the visual quality so held back by the most common platform.

The design itself appears to be quite a lovely blend of many styles, although the similarity of character design with Biosh∞k is unfortunate.

the screens look amazing, almost like an updated version of Thief

also I love the twisted world design, great stuff!

screenshot 2: THIS KEY WILL BE MINE !!!!
    I like the design, yes, it reminds a little of HL2 in its east-euroness but not too much. Being compared to that game aint a shame either
    the swiss article does not reveal much more. dunwill reminds them of a mixture of 17th century and high-tech london but only for the rich, the rest live in barracks, half the population is dead due to a plague of mutated rats (god I will like this). the only resource for power is whale oil.

Can we possess whales?

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    I haven't seen any of what you describe. What arguments? I haven't seen any moderator activity nor anyone suggesting ideas yet. Are you talking about the greater forums at large over there? I haven't visited them.

And there are RSS feeds you can tap. I am sure that Game Informer has one, as would sites like Kotaku or maybe Rock Paper Shotgun.
    Arguments?

Anyway, it's good to know there are Dishonored-only RSS feeds on gaming sites.

Don't worry, I'll leave you alone to do your job, now.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    the only resource for power is whale oil.
    Super fucking subversive. I knew it.

Graphics look hideous, not that it matters much. However I'm not a big fan of the cartoony design. It still looks like an intriguing game.

Do I see leaning? Also, guards with massive keyrings. Hoo-rah. Can't wait to see this game in motion.

The Architect
    I am curious what you see that looks particularly French to you.

Our whales are actually super intelligent, similar to the dolphins from So Long and Thanks for all the Fish. To posess one would be akin to unlocking the secrets of the universe. So no, we don't allow this.*

*Nonsense.

And I do believe leaning is being depicted, yes.

Taking a break
    this is not how you hold a knife

the whales actually have a similar role than the vortigaunts in HL2, appearing magically in acid-induced flashback scenes chanting mystical verses and surrounding you with their psi-powers while possessed ratpacks fight back Lord Regents Army of whale-oil-powered Automatons in the background.

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934394449 ... LastLast