TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Sorrowful Farewell (15/10/2011) updated to v1.01

I didn't see a plaque in any of those rooms, but I might not have been looking hard enough . . heh, I'm gonna feel real dumb if it turns out to be something super-obvious.
    Thanks!

If you walk into the room with the frobable lamp on the ceiling and turn back towards the door, you should see it.

Ah, found it! I hadn't been in those two rooms before, no wonder. Anyway, I lit the ceiling light thingy but now I can't figure out the puzzle combination. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Ah, found it! I hadn't been in those two rooms before, no wonder. Anyway, I lit the ceiling light thingy but now I can't figure out the puzzle combination. Any hints?
    The mission copies the solution of the puzzle in Thief directory in a folder called Hints.

What am i suppose to give to the skeleton that highlights inside a tomb? i canīt find any item to give to the skeletton

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    What am i suppose to give to the skeleton that highlights inside a tomb? i canīt find any item to give to the skeletton
    Something that brings the dead back to life?

Clearinghouse
    I can open the grill in the toilet? Can't find a lever or a button.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I can open the grill in the toilet? Can't find a lever or a button.
    That is the easter egg! After opening the well, use the hand.

I need one more serpent key. I have the gold & Silver but I'm assuming Bronze will be the last. Is this key at one of the tower tops opposite to where the silver key was found.
    How many Gargoyle statues do I collect?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    That is the easter egg! After opening the well, use the hand.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I need one more serpent key. I have the gold & Silver but I'm assuming Bronze will be the last. Is this key at one of the tower tops opposite to where the silver key was found.
    How many Gargoyle statues do I collect?
    If you have got the code book re-read the coded notes.
    Last edited by nickie; 17th Oct 2011 at 14:16.

I miss the silver serpent
    ....any tips?

Hint: There was a note that hinted they would both be in the cathedral area that is under reconstruction.
    Hint 2: Look for a tower with unfinished stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Something that brings the dead back to life?
    well i found out that i need some crystals for that, wich i suppose are being locked within a footlocker, near the book that reveal the secret that revives a dead, where can i find the key of this footlocker?

Hi Pedro, look up where a guy is whining about the smell of a dead animal.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    well i found out that i need some crystals for that, wich i suppose are being locked within a footlocker, near the book that reveal the secret that revives a dead, where can i find the key of this footlocker?
    Remember a mechanist complaining about bad smell? Find the source of that bad smell.

Hello Haplo I read your post about the barrels being broken in the attic I was trying to clear a path for the timed run!! I will probably restart but you can E-mail me a save, and thanks

P.S. This mission is amazing I have really enjoyed it thus far!!

PWL, You can make it: Run left of the big barrel and than just run along the wall, make a quick turn and get your gear so, that you can "click" directly on the key. So don't have a key or whatever into your inventory, before you make your move.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thanks Gloria I will give it a go!!

Yay, a new Haplo mission!
    Knowing your previous works I started with very high expactations - and I wasn't disappointed a bit.

Finished on expert after a bit over 5 hours, but only found 2 out of 10 secrets...

In particular I loved the puzzles (button code sequence, dead monks key) and the fact that exploring the map gradually opened up new possibilities (I was loudly crying out "ROPES!" in joy when I finally found the much needed rope arrows).

Wish I had ghosted the mechanists though - I did expect the statues to come to life at some point, but not the intermediate stage (the monks). Ok, don't make the same mistake twice I thought, and left as many of the monks alive as guard-fodder (stupid in hindsight, because of course the guards would be in ally to the monks). You can imagine my facepalm when I found out I had to go back to the maze and cross that dreaded library (3 monks + 3? guards) twice again.

One little technical problem I had was the picture run in the attic. For some reason I never even saw the picture lifted after making a dash for it from that red light. Tried at least 10 times. Then I took another approach: Instead of standing on the red spot for a while and then start running, I deliberately started to run a few steps away, then right over the spot and to the picture. This way it worked.

One question:
    Is it possible to collect the loot you encounter in the past later? I tried firearrows and whatever else I had on the rubble blocking the stairs, but couldn't get it to move.

Excellent work Ali, so far every new missions by you was nothing but a treat!

Thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed the mission!

The loot items in the past do not count towards the final loot count, so don't worry about them.

Ok, I've got the staff of light, but where to use it? I tried to cross the aybss with it, but I just fell through into the lava. . .unless that wasn't the abyss? If not, where is this abyss the monk was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Some hints.

1. Have you found the 3 serpent rings to make the key for the triangular lock up the tower from the library.
    2. When you have done you will receive some help from a guiding hand.
    3. You'll be led to another part of the maze where you have to place an item.
    4. Have you found your way down a chimney.
    3. what? i tried with the artifact but it won't work....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Ok, I've got the staff of light, but where to use it? I tried to cross the aybss with it, but I just fell through into the lava. . .unless that wasn't the abyss? If not, where is this abyss the monk was talking about?
    Yes, that is the abyss. Frob the staff in the inventory first.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    3. what? i tried with the artifact but it won't work....
    No, something you will find where Nickie's 4th hint said. If you don't know where that is, go back to the cloister and look at the roofs.

Thanks Ali and Gloria, i canīt believe i missed that. Well iīve finished the mission, that was two lovely hours that i spent playing this treasure, once again you have suprise me Ali, this is a mission of great quality, beautifull monastry, relaxing atmosphere, captivating story and gameplay, beautifull musics except the metal music that i didnīt like the one that appears when heading to the exit (well).

Many thanks for this masterpiece Ali, you are an outstanding Artist!!!

Looking foward for more...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast