TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA V

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    What killed murder sprees dead for me in GTA4 that it was very difficult to lose the relentlessness police at higher star ratings. Seriously, fuck the wanted circle to hell.
    I actually thought the wanted circle was a massive improvement over the previous star system. It just made more sense, and made for more dynamic police escapes, than just trying to book it to one of several "safe zones" on the map. GTA 4's chases would force me to do things like hijacking choppers,utilizing stunt jumps, hiding in the subways, and jumping off bridges in order to escape more intense police chases. Whereas GTA 4's reliance on line of sight meant that such manuevers where well rewarded (and often necessary to avoid having the circle reset), the best strategy in previous games was always to beeline it to a Sprayer by the most direct route possible.

Still Subjective
    Trailer in 15 minutes guys.

Knows his stuff
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

WAIT THATS NOW

Still Subjective
    Ah, ok. Got it.

Mmmm, looks nice but a little uninspiring.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Knows his stuff

Los Puerta?

Road sign also said "Little Soeul". That's in Garden Grove, California (says wikipedia :P ).

Knows his stuff
    That big-ass VINEWOOD sign is on the hills in San Andreas as well so I'm fairly certain this will be the fictional Los Santos, and not the real LA.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS:
    - Holyshit look at all that countryside! Can't wait to tear up those hills on a dirtbike!
    - The guy you're playing is a family man, has kids(probablly a wife too) and is trying and failing to leave his criminal past behind.
    -Is he voiced by Robert Patrick? Could that guy at 0:46 be the protagonist? Looks a bit like Mr. Patrick.
    -Planes!
    -Jetfighter!
    -Goodyear Blimp!
    -Golf?
    -Hoes!
    -Speculations?
    -SPECULATIONS!

If they're REALLY going for something with this game then I wonder if they'll include a fictional Mexican border city.

Looks lovely, but the story isn't exactly grabbing me from what little we know.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    so I'm fairly certain this will be the fictional Los Santos, and not the real LA.
    But to be fair GTA:IV was still technically Liberty City, just unmistakably NYC.

The Alchemist
    The license plates say San Andreas.

Anywho, am I the only one who thinks this game looks fucking spectacular? I don't mean gameplay wise we all know what that's going to be like. But seriously, the scale, the color, the character, the unique look of each and every pedestrian. It boggles my fucking mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Ah, ok. Got it.

Mmmm, looks nice but a little uninspiring.
    It is early, though. I think it looks promising. Really digging those out of control graphics. Gorgeous!

There's graffiti that says Los Santos too.

The GTAs have always been more about driving around & doing missions than the story for me. If it has colorful characters & the cutscenes are fun and there's a decent buildup then that's good for me. I bet the jetski will be fun to ride. I was just playing some GTA:SA yesterday too... So it immediately strikes me how much bigger the scale is for this... Like the Vinewood sign and that great skyline shot with the city in the background.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    That big-ass VINEWOOD sign is on the hills in San Andreas as well so I'm fairly certain this will be the fictional Los Santos, and not the real LA.
    What? Aside from GTA1: London 1969, there isn't a single precedent to make one believe that a GTA wouldn't be set in a fictionalised parody of a real world city.

Epic trailer was epic. The protagonist seems like an aged mobster to me. I hope for a return of the mob-oriented plots from GTA3/Vice City.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 2nd Nov 2011 at 19:29.

When the plane flew over the Vinewood near the end of the trailer I got the biggest gaming boner, this looks exactly like the kind of game I wanted!

Still Subjective
    Who does the voice on that trailer? It's not Ray Liotta is it? This isn't a "sequel" to GTA:VC is it? Just some speculation guys, no need to freak out.

I never played GTA:SA so I guess I'm not that excited about going "back" to Los Santos. I just hope they take out all the boring stuff from GTAIV.

As mentioned elsewhere on the net - sure seems to be a lot of recession hints in this trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulukai View Post
    Looks lovely, but the story isn't exactly grabbing me from what little we know.
    Yeah, at one time the idea of this massive sandbox environment gave me a huge boner... and that does look like a huge gameworld.

However, having been there done that, I want there to be something enjoyable to do in it that has some longevity. Gameplay mechanics for GTA are getting old and the new stuff they've pulled out of the bag thus far (dating, personalisation, friends, hobbies etc) ain't that fun.

I enjoyed capturing territories in SA until they cruelly snatch that mechanic back off you. I was having loads of fun while it lasted.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    What? Aside from GTA1: London 1969, there isn't a single precedent to make one believe that a GTA wouldn't be set in a fictionalised parody of a real world city.
    No precedents, only rumors. Such as the one in the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    I never played GTA:SA so I guess I'm not that excited about going "back" to Los Santos. I just hope they take out all the boring stuff from GTAIV.
    Depending on how much time you've got on your hands and how high your tolerance is for PS2 quality texture work, do give San Andreas a try. Arguably it's the best GTA: the game world is bigger and more interesting than Vice City and it's got more fun and diverse faffing-about stuff than GTA IV, plus the voice acting is top notch.

Then again, as Scot's post shows, YMMV. At the current asking price, I think it's well worth checking out San Andreas, though.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Press release. Key points have been highlighted.

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto V

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., is very proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

“Grand Theft Auto V is another radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We are incredibly excited to share our new vision with our fans.”

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California. Rockstar Games pioneered the open world genre with the Grand Theft Auto series, one of the most successful entertainment properties of all time. With more than 114 million copies sold-in worldwide, Grand Theft Auto games have helped propel video games into the cultural mainstream. Grand Theft Auto V is the follow up to 2008′s record-breaking, critically-acclaimed Grand Theft Auto IV. Rockstar Games continued its tradition of award-winning open world games with the 2010 blockbuster Western, Red Dead Redemption, and the groundbreaking detective thriller L.A. Noire in 2011.

Knows his stuff
    "Radical reinvention"? Whut. From the trailer it looked more like "the same exact thing as always".

Not that that's a bad thing, mind.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

What the fuck? You could tell jack shit about the gameplay, since none of it was shown.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Also Scott's accusation that series is getting stale is pretty false. GTA4 overhauled/replaced gameplay mechanics in a big way over the GTA3-verse titles.

Chakat sex pillow
    Someone stop him before he hurts himself.