TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Forge Jumping or strange things

Forge Jumping or strange things

Why does jumping in a forge increase your Destruction Skill?

Administrator
    It's a bug someone noticed accidentally most likely. It's noted in the UESP wiki as a way to skill up destruction, but it doesn't actually make any sense.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. It just so happens I'm currently trying to increase my Destruction skill, which is taking for-evar.

Guess I'll go jump in some forges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Wow, thanks for the heads-up. It just so happens I'm currently trying to increase my Destruction skill, which is taking for-evar.

I didn't believe my daughter when she said it leveled up her Destruction, I was just trying to level up the Restoration. She was lifting all the food from the market and dumping them in the forge and taking pictures of it with her 3DS. Does one gain experience when one takes damage when hit by NPC magic?

What makes me mad is, as a test, I spent my points on pickpocket and removed all the Armor and weapons my house carls (Lyida and Iona) and stored all their stolen equipment in a chest. After going to Solitude to buy those gals some nice threads, I came back to them and both their equipment respawned. Their old armor was still in the chest and nightstand where I stashed them. Grrrr. It would be great if they allowed you to have them wear Nocturnal's Clothes, permanently.
    Last edited by YcatX; 13th Jan 2012 at 12:43. Reason: My poor English skills

Hey, isn't this Ysolda's Dress?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, if you can't beat them... Join them...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's a proven fact, Dragons don't like weddings. I can see the headlines now: Riften attacked Dragon saved by wedding...

Administrator
    How do you get hold of Nocturnal's clothes?

By the way, has no-one actually looked at the UESP wiki for tips? It seems that the cloud of contributors have pretty much worked out nearly everything that's possible that you'd never have thought of trying.

I've personally corrected one misused apostrophe, as it's the only thing I could think of to do...

So far all I've done is to use the 'removeallitems' command on another NPC (they end up just being nearly naked), but I didn't try to see if I could outfit them in something other than their original gear while they were itemless. I've had my husband/companion Vorstag (whom I affectionately call Arnie) running around in glass armor, but when I tried to outfit him in 'fine clothes', it just didn't take.

Re: Nocturnal's clothes, use the 'player.additem 00088952' console command.

http://newcontent1.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Clothing

Administrator
    Well that was the obvious answer, I was thinking there was some non-cheaty way, but obviously not.

Apparently you can't do anything with them - they don't even appear in my inventory after adding.

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    Well that was the obvious answer, I was thinking there was some non-cheaty way, but obviously not.

Apparently you can't do anything with them - they don't even appear in my inventory after adding.
    Hell, I wouldn't mind Sheogorath's clothes either... How come they always have the cool shit?

Administrator
    A deadric lord needs to look cool to impress mortals enough to do whatever crazy thing they have in mind. Though, saying that, you don't actually see most of them in humanoid form. Meridia might have looked quite good, but "she" appears as a white light in the stratosphere.

When Bethsoft finally get around to releasing the CK it should be easy enough to create a usable item using the same models. Considering the kinds of mods about already, there must be a way to hack it, but I don't think I could be bothered to do it.

Incidentally:

2012-01-15_00001

Also, it doesn't work on the latest patch? Setting a wolf on fire immediately took me up a skill point but setting myself on fire had no effect.

Anyway, if you're going to rely on a game loophole you may as well save yourself the trouble and use player.advskill destruction 5000, or with some larger number.
    Last edited by scumble; 15th Jan 2012 at 03:21.

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX View Post
    Hell, I wouldn't mind Sheogorath's clothes either... How come they always have the cool shit?
    Yeah; in Oblivion I could dress up in just about anything, from the Duchess of Dementia garb to Golden Saint armor. Aaahhhh ...... good times.

I'm looking forward to seeing the mods that start flooding the ether after the Creation Kit is finally released. I know there are already a couple that allow total nudity - in female NPCs only, I believe. Not my cup of tea, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post

Actually if you don't have a follower with you, and you run across a Skooma dealer, you can buy his/her shit, then ask them "Isn't that illegal?" and they will attack you with fists. Use your destructive spells to hurt em, then healing hands to make sure you don't kill him. I use my skooma dealers to practice combat with someone that won't really kill me with a few power attacks. This is normally after I jump down a cliff side, and I lose Marcurio for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX View Post
    Sheogorath's clothes are in a "closet" in the tester room, unlike nocturnal, you can actually use them normally withou mods, just open the console and type : coc qasmoke ando then go to the All Clothing and Jewelry Box.....