TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Email notification not working

Email notification not working

I noticed recently that the email notification for threads stopped working for me. Is this happening to anyone else?

For me, it is still working.

I guess I'm just cursed then

Did you receive a notification for this thread? If you did, maybe something went wrong with your former thread subscriptions.

No I didn't get anything from this one either. The only thing I could think of is maybe I have too many threads I'm subscribed to, and somehow it screws up the notification system....

Archivist
    PM notification error confirmed. It no longer works for me either
    Don't know what is wrong but hopefully it can be fixed.

Strange. It does still work for me. Obviously something that goes wrong for some users, but works normally for others.

Azaran and The Phantom, are you still having problems with notifications?

Yeah, I'm still not getting anything. I'll try and use another email address to see if it works.

Archivist
    Yes, the problem still persists unfortunately. But after I tried Al_B's suggestion, to fill in another mail address and subsequently send a test PM to myself, I immediately received an email notification. Very strange.

UPDATE: I've just tried to change my email address back to my old hotmail one, so I filled in password and email, clicked 'Save Changes' and TTLG told me it send a confirmation mail. But again, I didn't receive anything. Guess all possible notifications by TTLG towards my Hotmail are for some reason blocked .
    Last edited by The Phantom; 31st May 2012 at 07:19.

Administrator
    Unfortunately I'm not able to see whether the problem is at your end or whether hotmail is rejecting the email, but if you want your email address to be set back to the old one then PM it to me and I'll make sure it's changed.

Thanks, I created a new email address (Gmail this time), let's see if it works...

Administrator
    Hopefully it should, but please post back if you still have problems.

I have been able to confirm there is an issue at the moment with hotmail accepting emails, including notifications, from TTLG. This is a block at their end, and at first glance there doesn't appear to be a reliable, straightforward way of fixing this quickly. Although this isn't ideal, unless anyone else has experience otherwise, the best recommendation is to use a non-hotmail email address or wait until email is accepted again (possibly in a few weeks).

Alright it works with Gmail! Thanks a lot

Yeah I can confirm Hotmail blocking e-mails at their end, and not just from TTLG. When trying to delete a profile on a Dutch social networking site today, the verification e-mails the site sent also didn't get through to the Hotmail inbox. Tried Gmail, worked fine.

Might be related to the fact that ever since hotmail introduced their disposable email forwards they've become a haven for spammers.