TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Dire Return (11-04-12) - Thief Reloaded Contest #2 entry

The Mikefor the diary look in the room next to house keeping and fot the furnace look in room by worksops

Intruder: this is an awesome mission Loved every minute Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Zhickel View Post
    Same here. I enter the maze, it closes behind me. Turn right, panel on right closes, the left one opens. Follow the path around to what I think is left of the entrance and am in dead end every time.

Tried a speed potion but no difference. Step-by-step instructions to get past this point would be appreciated.

Excellent mission so far, thanks Intruder
    The way it should happen: Use the Garden key, walk along as the maze presents its self and each time walk through the door available to you. Eventually you'll get to a place with a plate on the floor and two doors you can open. It'll lead you to Sarah's ghost.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

For the Garden Maze: It shouldn't matter if you turn left or right first, but left is slightly easier. If it looks like you are in a dead end, try walking up to each of the different hedges around you. One of them will move when you get close to it. It may take a second or two. If you have faced every hedge and none of them moved, this is a problem. Please let us know.

@Gloria
    Thanks for that, but I still run into two dead ends and no matter where I walk, can't make another door open.

The first dead end I can see lightning through the edges, the second has a glowing mushroom. I think I have a glitch.

------------
    Thanks Tannar. I've tried walking over every spot and have worked out the trigger points for the 5 doors that open and think I know which should open next, but it's not happening.

My route:
    Enter maze. Straight ahead
    Turn right. Door closes off entrace. Door behind opens
    Three steps on, door on right closes, door on left opens.
    Proceed through door on left, another door straight ahead opens. This is a dead end.

I can proceed back towards the entrance and take the door that opened behind me.
    This also leads to a dead end.
    Last edited by Zhickel; 13th Apr 2012 at 21:49. Reason: Addition

flees into the night Wow! Great job on this one intruder!

Zhickel: Try this: Enter the maze and just keep hugging the left wall.

Clearinghouse
    Need a hint. I can't find Sarah's diary.

Makes no difference to the outcome Tannar, ty for the advice.

I'll wait and see if anyone else experiences the same. It's a fairly new install of T2, cleaned up, all scripts installed, using DL. No problems with other FMs. I hope there's a way to finish this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Need a hint. I can't find Sarah's diary.
    Check the storage room next to housekeeping in the cellar (at the very west; not the storage room in the middle) thoroughly.

Stronger hint:
    Get behind the crates and search the floor.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Quant!

Congrats, Steffen! I look forward to playing this weekend.

A really great mission! Couldn`t go to bed before I finished. And scary as hell, too .

This was an awesome reboot !

I couldn't get the diary to burn in the furnace though. The diary was no problem, it disappeared in the flames, but the dress just stayed in the furnace no matter how many times I tried.

Hopefully that was the last task and I didn't miss much.

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    I couldn't get the diary to burn in the furnace though. The diary was no problem, it disappeared in the flames, but the dress just stayed in the furnace no matter how many times I tried.
    It's best when you stand close to the furnace and simply drop the item into the fire, not throwing it.
    Like in this screenshot.

For all having problems with the maze:
    I will upload a series of screenshots showing two possible ways in the first post of this thread.
    Here you go:
    Solution 1
    Solution 2
    Last edited by intruder; 14th Apr 2012 at 05:15.

Hilfe bitte!

Its nice to be back for the 6th or 7th time at Rummford Mansion, but this time im having the chance to explore the new areas and rooms ...

Can anyone tell where can i find the key to the gate in the garden? i have a shovel and a pickaxe but i cant give ue to them, some secrets seems to be unfrobable, and the grave in the garden is also unfrobable, what am i missing?

Pedro:
    Use one of the elevators to get up to the 3rd floor of the building. There is a locked metal door which leads to an office and up to the dome. Inspect the office closely.

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    Hopefully that was the last task and I didn't miss much.
    Yeah, you missed something you probably don't want to miss. I would try again.

FenPhoenix started a Let's play for this
    T2: A Dire Return - 1 - A Dire Beginning

A very entertaining one indeed

Lovely little mission. Terrifying to the point of me still shaking, atmospheric to boot, and the usage of a classic mission is what makes it so effective. Hooooo boy. Made it out with one shield to spare, and one of those damn skeletons swinging at me as I jumped. Some slight gripes at just how damn scary it was, but that's because I'm a big yellow pansy. My current vote for contest winner as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Pedro:
    Use one of the elevators to get up to the 3rd floor of the building. There is a locked metal door which leads to an office and up to the dome. Inspect the office closely.
    Thanks Steffan i had the feeling i was missing something in that office, the following was easygoing for me , i loved the dome area, its beautifull and relaxing.

Thanks for this contest mission

Looking foward for more of you.

Alles gut fr dich

Nice mission, but...it really needed better pacing. The whole diablo-crystal, murder-mystery and ghost-house seemed a bit jumbled together towards the end. Technically, you've got the chops (burning escapes are always good fun), so I'm definitely looking forward to your next FM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhickel View Post
    Makes no difference to the outcome Tannar, ty for the advice.

I'll wait and see if anyone else experiences the same. It's a fairly new install of T2, cleaned up, all scripts installed, using DL. No problems with other FMs. I hope there's a way to finish this mission.
    I appear to be experiencing the same problem as you...

thiefessa:
    Are you perhaps playing with an non-patched version of Thief 2?

I've tested the maze together with a friend of mine just one hour ago almost 40 times, going back and forth trying to break the setup. But the two of use always managed to get out.
    Maybe you could reload an earlier save and try again one of the following two routes:
    Solution 1
    Solution 2

It seems I always come to a dead end in the maze....
    Maybe some kind soul could put a vid ou youtube.....
    Last edited by maga; 15th Apr 2012 at 08:15.