TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: T2 FM: A Dire Return (11-04-12) - Thief Reloaded Contest #2 entry

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Can't get this game to play. It crashes on me as soon as I hit play. Have installed the patch. Any ideas?
    You can unzip the archive, remove the movies and then rezip the archive. Or you can download the "no movies" version here.

Thank you Tannar. That did it!

I need help finding the diary. I found the area with boxes in the west area but can't find the spot to dig. There is an area in one corner next to a target which has a small square but it does nothing when I try to use the pick (doesn't light up) and another area where a drain pipe is leaking, it is lighted with some ferm growing. Am I in the right area?

Yes, that's the right area. Have you buried Sarah yet? You will have to do that before the diary can be dug up. If you've already done that and that square doesn't highlight, then there is a problem.

I need help about where to go next in this creepy mission. The answer is surely in the thread already but I do not want to read the whole thing for fear of getting spoiled (spoiler cover aside). I need a gentle push towards what I have missed.

The only place I have seen that I can not open is the back gate of the mansion (the one that used to have a lantern guard next to it).

I have a fair idea of what has happened because I´ve read the journal of the 'new lord' of the place.

I have found a shovel and a pick. These two tools can be 'used' like a key but I can not find any spot to use them on.

Suspicious areas include:
    - storeroom in basement. Past a large mound of crates is a space with a target board, etc.
    - small closed-off garden section you reach via crawlspace next to the shed by the start. There is what looks like a freshly dug grave here but I can not find anything frobbable.

There is a hidden switch near the lamp in the office where you've found the diary.

That was cool!

A lot of taffers on here may think I am crazy for saying this...but I think this FM is as good as "the cradle" in thief 3!

It had me jumping at everything so much I went into dromed and created me some FIRE ARROWS!

And I can tell you that the first thing that jumps out at me, is going to get a fire arrow between it's eyes! LOL!

I have not finished this yet, but this is a great FM.

By the way, the whispering was getting a little too much, but intruder said to just delete voice2.wav from the thief sound (.snd) folder and everything is great again. The whispering was driving me crazy because I was having a hard time hearing guards and other sounds.

Now that that is fixed I am playing it once again.

Thanks for such a great FM intruder!
    Last edited by webe123; 2nd Aug 2012 at 18:55.

" You shouldn't have done that " ... getting into Dromed ... (I don't know how to to that BTW) " Just let me see you .... I won't hurt you ... MUCH ..."!!!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    " You shouldn't have done that " ... getting into Dromed ... (I don't know how to to that BTW) " Just let me see you .... I won't hurt you ... MUCH ..."!!!

LOL! You'll still get a fire arrow between the eyes....... as freaked out as I am!

Then after I realize it is you I will say "Oh, I'm sorry, did that hurt?"

I betatested this FM and it worked OK then. But now I have the same problem as some others here ...... After I burn the dress and the diary, nothing happens. Could this be a 1.19 thingy then?
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Hi Gloria,

I haven't checked this FM with 1.19 yet, but I don't think that 1.19 is the reason. I'm going to test it as soon as possible, though.

Thanks Intruder

Problem with mission as a whole

I'm going to tell you the problem with so many well thought out missions and this only happens to good FMs but you TRY TOO HARD! While I love a challenge you do not need to make the search so dam cryptic. One example is when you refer to the "office" nowhere on the map does it list "office" and since you do not get to the office in the later part of the game it is difficult for some players. You also mention to look at the storage next to housekeeping. While I'm sure what I'm looking for is there your hints of "Look along the west" which I did only to find nothing.

I'll I'm saying is keep it fun but don't over think the mission and how far up a burrick's ass you "think" you need to shove up a frobbable switch or button.

took me a while to riddle everything out... including checking here for a tip..(wont say which one)
    but I must admit.. this one was a real hair raiser..