TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief's Rising, an 8 mission set for Thief DS - 21/04/2012

Clearinghouse
    I read only 5 of 6 newspapers. Adsk1, give me a hint.

Thanks Adsk1, it seems i had an old version, with the new version the mission is working fine now

stuck already...

I can only read the goal of loot, i have already completed it by stealing purses and the neighboors loot, now i donīt know what are the other goals, and i canīt open most of the doors that highlight, i have no weapons, no items, i donīt know what do do now, any idea whatīs my next step?

Nice town, but the fog seems to cover only the houses like an aurea or shields, its the first time i see fog without clouds in the sky, also i can see well the corners of the skyboxe, since the scale of the stars at the top of the skyboxe are much wider than the stars from the north, south, west and east sides of the skyboxe. Adsk1 , if you want i can send you some good alternatives of skyboxes that would fit well in this map...its your call.
    Last edited by cardia1; 24th Apr 2012 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    I can only read the goal of loot, i have already completed it by stealing purses and the neighboors loot, now i donīt know what are the other goals, and i canīt open most of the doors that highlight, i have no weapos, no items, i donīt know what do do now, any idea whatīs my next step?
    Most of this is normal.
    You are a newbie-thief and you have no use for lockpicks, blackjack or anything else, yet.
    Therefor you can not open locked doors.
    These are your objectives:
    1. get some loot (60,75,90,100 %)
    2. explore 100% of the map (including the yard in front of the auction house)
    3. return to where you started

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    You know what, I never noticed any hover text with percentage in it before. Because there was so much loot on the level the Global Variable that was used for the total loot was limited to 10,000, so I had to change that to 15,000 to allow the loot total percent calculator to work properly. Obviously, if there is a hover percentage it must be using a different GV for this.
    I got 2225 (100%) in the first mission and in the second mission I have 100% as well - with 14475 in total (according to the ingame-inventory).
    But the mission won't let me finish, since the loot is not checked.
    The Objectives screen still says I have 81% and 95 % are required on Expert.
    I made it back to the gate, but nothing happens. So..... I am stuck ?
    Last edited by gnartsch; 24th Apr 2012 at 17:38.

Mission 4

I need some help finding the rest of the newspapers I have found 4 out of 6, and I can not find the fence I have been all over the map and opened every gate and door that is pickable found a few items like gas bomb, flash bombs, health, oil flask but no keys for unpickable gates or doors??

you can PM me if you want and thanks

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I need some help finding the rest of the newspapers I have found 4 out of 6, and I can not find the fence I have been all over the map and opened every gate and door that is pickable found a few items like gas bomb, flash bombs, health, oil flask but no keys for unpickable gates or doors??
    I'm stuck at the same spot.
    I have found 5 of 6 newspapers.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I'm stuck at the same spot.
    I have found 5 of 6 newspapers.
    I read one newspaper two times and the goal was finished. i never found the last newspaper.
    The Fence
    You must search the big Gates where the guards stand you can not knockout. There are switches at the left or rightside. You must found 3 switches (3 gates). Then by one of this gates (it has two grates at the leftside) enter the first or second of the doublegates from the leftside. There is an SecretDoor open.
    Ok its not the best discription but i hope it helps

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Firehawk

Level 4, Framed Spoilers.

Most of the Newspapers are quite easy to find, there is one however that is hidden well out of sight, but its location is mentioned on a letter in one of the bedrooms of the house that you pass through at the beginning. It is from a named person, who's abode is labeled accordingly. But to help you find its exact location you will need to know the content of that letter.

I'm sure I checked the issue of reading the same newspaper more than once to complete the objective. Clearly I must be mistaken. Damn it!

Another foolish mistake I made was assuming that the editor defaulted to North being upwards of the 2D Top view window. It turns out that your Fence is actually situated in the South, unlike the Objective would have you believe.

There is a letter on the door step of one of the houses that tells you how you might be able to get to your Fence. It mentions a switch beside the Main Gates that opens a secret passage somewhere in the grounds of an adjacent house

There are 3 switches in all, but 2 of them do nothing and are there to intentionally misslead you. You only need to flick the correct one (To the South East) to open the secret door

Some of the padlocked gates are unpickable and therefore inaccessible. There is one house grounds that you can access by climbing the wall beside the hanging noose

Anyone having issues with the game crashing when saving your progress in this mission, particularly towards the end?

Iīm on the second mission now, but once agin i canīt view my goals except the loot goal, anyone knows what are the golas for this mission on "easy" mode?

Iīm on the second mission now, but once agin i canīt view my goals except the loot goal, anyone knows what are the golas for this mission on "easy" mode?
    Did you set your language in user.ini to english? If not you cant see the goals

I got 2225 (100%) in the first mission and in the second mission I have 100% as well - with 14475 in total (according to the ingame-inventory).
    But the mission won't let me finish, since the loot is not checked.
    The Objectives screen still says I have 81% and 95 % are required on Expert.
    I made it back to the gate, but nothing happens. So..... I am stuck ?[/QUOTE]

I had that issue on several play tests where the floating text was saying 100% but I was still finding loot. I fixed that by changing the cap on the Global Variable associated with the loot total system of the game. It would appear that the game's maximum loot total per level for reporting in the objectives is fixed to a 10,000 limit. So this cannot be fixed except to remove some of the loot from the mission.
    Last edited by Adsk1; 25th Apr 2012 at 08:30.

Mission 5
    where is the key to the lab by the stone warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    Mission 5
    where is the key to the lab by the stone warrior
    It's on the lower part of the railings on one of the balconys outside the bedroom

I can only read the goal of loot, i have already completed it by stealing purses and the neighboors loot, now i donīt know what are the other goals, and i canīt open most of the doors that highlight, i have no weapons, no items, i donīt know what do do now, any idea whatīs my next step?

Nice town, but the fog seems to cover only the houses like an aurea or shields, its the first time i see fog without clouds in the sky, also i can see well the corners of the skyboxe, since the scale of the stars at the top of the skyboxe are much wider than the stars from the north, south, west and east sides of the skyboxe. Adsk1 , if you want i can send you some good alternatives of skyboxes that would fit well in this map...its your call.
    Was still learning about the engine and editor back then and never got round to sorting that. The second mission is the same but without fog and then all the rest of the missions have proper sky boxes. I think it does look worse now, somehow, than when I used the Editor play version.

Thanks for the offer of the skyboxes, but I no longer plan to do any more to the FM. It is my first ever offering and I'm happy that I got it this far. Any future FM-ing will be done more thoroughly and professionally, though I expect that'll be with Thief 4.

EDIT: It's even worse with John P's texture pack! The star sky is grey compared to the original and it makes my hand made moon's edges show up.
    Last edited by Adsk1; 25th Apr 2012 at 12:09.

It's on the lower part of the railings on one of the balconys outside the bedroom
    Do you mean the bedrooms guarded by haunds? I searched all the balconys but find nothing

Do you mean the bedrooms guarded by haunds? I searched all the balconys but find nothing
    Am I right in assuming you mean the double-doors near the top of the long winding spiral stairs?
    If so, then I mean the balcony of the bedroom at the top of those stairs, guarded by the statue warrior things.

I had that issue on several play tests where the floating text was saying 100% but I was still finding loot. I fixed that by changing the cap on the Global Variable associated with the loot total system of the game. It would appear that the game's maximum loot total per level for reporting in the objectives is fixed to a 10,000 limit. So this cannot be fixed except to remove some of the loot from the mission.
    I am not quite sure I understand what you want me to do.
    Go and see if I can find more loot ?
    How many loot is there in mission 2 ?
    If there is more loot around then I have no idea where that might be.
    Or do you require me to restart the mission on a level where 81 % would be sufficient ?

Did you set your language in user.ini to english? If not you cant see the goals
    and how am i suppose to do that if the word "language" doesnīt even appear in the user.ini file,

and how am i suppose to do that if the word "language" doesnīt even appear in the user.ini file,
    I think Firehawk suggests to add this to the user.ini:

[Locale]
    Language=English
    If you use GarrettLoader, then you could specify english as DEFAULT language in the game-settings.
    I guess that should have the same effect.

[/QUOTE]Anyone having issues with the game crashing when saving your progress in this mission, particularly towards the end?[/QUOTE]

Yes it started in the 4th mission mostly on quick saves.

I want to say again these missions are GREAT!!

Edit: Now it is doing it on the regular save slots??
    Last edited by pwl; 25th Apr 2012 at 18:14.

Yes the 4th Mission crashes every time when i saved the game. But Misson 5 and 6 saving works fine

Where are the invites in Mission 6

EDIT
    Found them on the kitchen table
    Last edited by Firehawk; 26th Apr 2012 at 06:18.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I think Firehawk suggests to add this to the user.ini:
    Yes, being a "User.ini" it's up to the user to add the setting. If you look up the setting in the default.ini, it's easy enough to cut and paste it into the user.ini.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Yes, being a "User.ini" it's up to the user to add the setting. If you look up the setting in the default.ini, it's easy enough to cut and paste it into the user.ini.
    Oh dear, i did that and yet nothing happened, i also checked garrettloader language and its set for English, and yet the goals are not visible. Can any of you send me your user.ini file please?

Thanks in advance.

Iīm already playing on the thirth mission and i loved playing the second one, right now iīm stuck in the sewers and i canīt find an exit, where is it?

ADSK1, at the beginning of the thirth mission i was able to climb that car with crates that is barricating the street and i was able to jump to the other side of the streets where by around the corner i see a skyboxe with houses silhuetes in the middle of the street

you might want to change this next time you update this sequel...Anyway iīm enjoying playing this sequel

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast