TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm. Darkstone Gem chapter one: The Conflict. (Released 4-28-12)

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    I can´t find the cook´s key in the Novice´s quarter, are you sure its there? where exactly is it?
    Look carefully behind a bed.

Thanks Maxx, found it

Ghost

Can't find "house" area...

In mission 2, I need Mortimer's safe key; a scroll in his lab says that key is in his "other" office, the one in the house. But I have no idea where to find the house area.

I've been through the lower (Maw-ish) levels, the jail, the torture chamber, and I'm currently in the biggish building with a gaming room, a fireplace room with a beer advert on the wall, and a kitchen. From that location, how do I get to the house area?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    In mission 2, I need Mortimer's safe key; a scroll in his lab says that key is in his "other" office, the one in the house. But I have no idea where to find the house area.

I've been through the lower (Maw-ish) levels, the jail, the torture chamber, and I'm currently in the biggish building with a gaming room, a fireplace room with a beer advert on the wall, and a kitchen. From that location, how do I get to the house area?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    This was a little confusing to us beta testers as it was easy to pass but there's an alcove that leads upstairs to another part of the house where you find the door out and Mortimer's office where the key is. Where you begin, look across to see a Mech guard behind a glass window. The way up is here and then you'll get to another alcove to go upstairs.
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 18th May 2012 at 09:40. Reason: addition of information

Ghost

It's not my vault!

Vault's up with this?

Major spoiler:

spoiler:
    I got the key from the novices' quarters and got the code hints for the vault combo from Cook's house. I counted 2 hammer symbols in the catacombs (or three, if you count the loot hammer in one of the rooms); 9 or 8 graves in the priests' cemetary (depending on whether the odd-shaped thing is a tombstone or just decoration); 4 chandeliers in the main Hammerite cathedral (two on each side); and 9 people on the roster (five from Hightown, four from Auldale). But I tried 2949, 3949, 2849, and 3849, and none of them seemed to open the vault door. How am I messing this up?

I went back and recalculated; counting the six hammer symbols on the floor in the catacombs (four in one room, two visible in another), that would make 8 hammer symbols, or 9 if we count the loot item (but how would the writer of that hint scroll know there was a loose hammer on the floor?) So I tried 8949 and 8849, as well as 9849 and 9949, just for the heck of it. Still no luck.

I found it by searching this thread... but I don't understand where the other two chandeliers are. The code is 2869; but I only saw four chandeliers in the main cathedral, two in each aisle on either side of the nave. Where are the other two?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 20th May 2012 at 06:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    there is no reason for being so unpolite.

. . .

This is btw. the cheapest trick in thief, the only thing which is ridiculous is when a person who plays thief for amlost 7 years doesnt know it.
    Nice to see you're not a hypocrite or anything. .

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

When you arent sure if something is frobable or not just choose an item from your inventory (e.g. cheese or apples). Then get very close to the object you would like to frob. When the object in your inventory is smaller than normally, the object is frobable. Now frob it once and everything is fine.
    Frankly, I think my frustration is justified. You shouldn't have to resort to methods like that to tell if something is frobbable or not! I don't see any reason why something should be so needlessly confounding. Would it have been so much to ask that the glyphs at least make a sound when you frob them?

Anyway, Mission 4
    I think the last thing I need is to get into the furnace control room but I can't unlock the door. Could I please have a hint as to where the key for that might be?

Ghost
    Sigh, my usual trouble with loot. I need 2200, but I have only 1990. I've completed all the other tasks. Any hard-to-find stashes of loot I can try?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Mission finished

Loved playing this sequel, the disegn becomes much more better in the two last maps, the thirth map has a beautiful city wich i loved to explore, nice skyboxe and weather effects, nice ambient musics, all of them well placed, the forth mpa reminds me the thieves guild, i had alot of action in this map ,
    the gameplay was easy going and very enjoyable in the last map...this is a sequel of High quality wich i will definetly want to replay in Expert mode next time.

Many thanks for this lovely thief 2 sequel Max

I can´t wait for part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Anyway, Mission 4
    I think the last thing I need is to get into the furnace control room but I can't unlock the door. Could I please have a hint as to where the key for that might be?
    You'll get to it from the room where you got the key for Building B.

Further - Look closely at the walls.

Ghost
    Oops, I should have specified mission 3, the one that takes place in the Keeper compound and the Hammerite cathedral; I need 210 to satisfy the loot requirement. Any suggestions of hard-to-see loot?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Oops, I should have specified mission 3, the one that takes place in the Keeper compound and the Hammerite cathedral; I need 210 to satisfy the loot requirement. Any suggestions of hard-to-see loot?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Did you gain access to the vault yet? And did you check the scribe rooms thoroughly downstairs and upstairs in the cathedral there's 150-220 loot (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    You'll get to it from the room where you got the key for Building B.

Further - Look closely at the walls.
    Thanks! Also. . damn, I'll have to figure out where that room is again. .

Finished! I enjoyed this mission pack quite a bit, especially all the thief/servant conversations I would stumble upon that I know must be from the OMs, yet never heard before. The only complaints I had about the series were. . well, you know one of them. Apologies for my rude outburst, by the way, Darkmax, though I still stand by my opinion that there should have been either a visual or audible cue for the glyph frobbing in mission 3.
    Another thing I want to note is that, though the missions were designed very well and interesting, it was really easy to get lost in all of them and often I'd be wandering around constantly looking for something I might have missed but had no idea which general direction to go. It would really have helped to have a map, even a roughly-drawn one would have been a huge help. Maybe for next time, eh?
    Apart from that, I enjoyed everything else about it--the look, the gameplay---all that, and I'm looking forward to the next installment!

DOH! Loot requirements suck. The missions are great--you can see DMs style evolving, since 1+2 were released a while ago. I need 95 loot to proceed to #4. Halp!

It seems I've swept things clean. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    DOH! Loot requirements suck. The missions are great--you can see DMs style evolving, since 1+2 were released a while ago. I need 95 loot to proceed to #4. Halp!

It seems I've swept things clean. Any hints?
    Mmm, look carefully at the top of crates, or watch carefully in some cabinets, there are no secrets in mission 4.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Mmm, look carefully at the top of crates, or watch carefully in some cabinets, there are no secrets in mission 4.
    Still missing 10. Ugh. I know it's expert and all, but this ISN'T fun. I have a bajillion moss, water and fire arrows though.

Got it, FINALLY. Mission 4 was visually impressive too. I was expecting a bit more trickery from a nest of thieves though. Still, a quality four mission set is a herculean effort. Congratulations.

I'm just replaying my favorite missions, and the first one of the Darkstone Gem campaign is among them. Man, the atmosphere is amazing! Thanks again for this true gem! And happy new year for all of you my dear fellow taffers!

What's the trick in getting through the maintenance tunnel? (The grate opens after you activate the plumbing system.) I returned, the grate was open, but I get stuck where it slopes up and then down.

Hello! This is a cool mission. But I'm stuck on Part One trying to get the information objective.

This thread has a spoiler that should be helpful, but it isn't working like it should.

After reading the armorer's diary, I accidentally wasted a rope arrow. So I went back to a previous save, before the armorer shop, and didn't reread the diary, not realizing its importance to the game's progress.

I ran around the city for an hour searching for a key to open 2 doors I can't pick (a wooden one near the clocktower, and a white one). And I spent a lot of time searching for hidden places where the information for the gems might be.

Finally, after reading a spoiler in this thread, I learned that the information is behind one of those 2 doors. I went back to the armorer's and read the diary, which is supposed to trigger the mechanist to arrive on the scene. But I don't see this mechanist with the key walking around anywhere. Did I break the game?

Actually, he's a machinist, not a Mechanist. At any rate, if you indeed triggered him by reading the armorer's diary, he should patrol to the hotel and you'll see him standing in front of the check-in desk.

If you save a game before a character reaches a patrol point, and then load that save point later, sometimes you'll find them standing idle somewhere along their route.

So he really is a machinist, and not typo victim!
    Thank you for giving me some idea of where I might look for him. And for the info about what can sometimes happen with saves and patrol routes. Well, back to the fun! (I don't know how my husband manages to sleep through all this taffin' racket)

Found the machinist at the Happy Burrick as you said, Ricebug. Just took me a while to find the place again.
    I had forgotten how much more there was to Part One after that. Glad I decided to play it again - kudus to DarkMax for an awesome fm so far - I hear it gets even better after this!

Can anyone advise me as to how to get to the catacombs and the sewers in Part Two? I must be missing an entrance somewhere.

Find the vine-covered entry. This leads down to the craybeast area. Maintain a North and West direction. The door is located near some halls where the floor is covered with water.