TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, Oh, Okami

Chakat sex pillow

Oh, Oh, Okami

This is the first thing I read today:

Okami - back in HD on the PS3.

This was my reaction:

Aja and Renz are going to be besides themselves. Well, maybe just Aja as he's the only one with a PS3. If there was a game that needed the HD treatment more than anything else, Okami was going to be it. I'd always secretly hoped for it, but left the thought unshared and unspoken because the possibility of it happening was as likely as Koki getting laid and liking it. Okami's one of those games where playing it felt like reliving childhood joy, distilled and pure.

Fingers crossed they don't fuck this one up. There's a ton of alpha in the game, but hopefully they're able to get it past the PS3's bandwidth problems.

And now, video time.

Fuck yeah! I liked Okami a lot and was thinking of replaying it - probably on PC, since my PS2 is currently stowed away. This is better, though... unless they do the sort of crap job they apparently did with Silent Hill.

... in which case I'll join the other irate fans in heading over to Capcom and boiling the people responsible in a big pot.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Aja and Renz are going to be besides themselves. Well, maybe just Aja as he's the only one with a PS3.
    My squeals are squeals of pain and remorse, enviousness and covetousness, because I still have yet to buy a PS3. Maybe Aja will give me his, since he's probably not doing anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Fuck yeah! I liked Okami
    Liked Okami? Liked? NO! You fucking loved it.

Edit: Just watched the video. Looks like they've fixed the one (and only) thing I never quite liked about Okami. The heeheehonihehhohehouiui faux Japanese voice effects. They weren't a bad idea in and of themselves, but certain characters would voice them in this high pitched ear piercing shriek that felt like someone was driving an ice pick into the side of my head.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 20th Jun 2012 at 04:44.

Is there something between like and love that would fit? I definitely liked/loved Okami more than, say, the first Mass Effect or God of War but less so than Ico, Shadow of the Colossus or the Ultima games. Amazingly charming game, but perhaps I was too mediocre at the actual gameplay and that translated into me liking it a lot but not quite loving it.

Edit: My girlfriend, who was usually in the room when I played Okami, also hated the gobbledigook speech effects. She'll be glad if this is changed.

I now also own a PS3. Therefore, I am pleased.

[edit] Anyone know which studio's going to be doing the HD conversion? Get Bluepoint up in dem dere b*tch, is all I can say. [/edit]
    Last edited by N'Al; 20th Jun 2012 at 04:51.

hooray!

How silly is it that a fairly large number of my favourite PS3 games may be remastered PS2 titles?

Moderator and Priest
    Is there something between like and love that would fit? I definitely liked/loved Okami more than, say, the first Mass Effect or God of War but less so than Ico, Shadow of the Colossus or the Ultima games. Amazingly charming game, but perhaps I was too mediocre at the actual gameplay and that translated into me liking it a lot but not quite loving it.
    Yup. Lurk. I can accept you lurking it.

Edit: My girlfriend, who was usually in the room when I played Okami, also hated the gobbledigook speech effects. She'll be glad if this is changed.
    You know, though it occasionally painfully annoyed me, I'd almost think removing it completely would take away some of the goofy charm of the game. I think lowering some of the characters voices down an octave or ten might be preferable to taking them out altogether.

Thing What Kicks
    Oh now this is good news.
    I played Okami on the Wii, and absolutely adored it.
    My consoles have fallen out of favour recently, with big, chunky, pretty PC games drawing most of my attention, but HD Okami would be just the right thing to plonk me on the sofa in front of the telly again

I also like that they're including the option to play with or without Move.
    I found the decision to support motion controls only to be the New Zelda's biggest failing, amongst many other things.

Now, Viewtiful Joe HD? Pleeeaaase?

God Hand HD?

How silly is it that a fairly large number of my favourite PS3 games may be remastered PS2 titles?
    Not silly at all, the quality of new releases gets crappier every year.

Since I got back to the US, I've been in a few electronics sections and game stores. Every single time I end up shaking my head as I realize that almost the entire selection of new games is crap.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Right, because every single game released 15 years ago was fucking amazing and sucked your dick too.

So tired of this myopia.

Still Subjective
    This just in: out of country sojourn grants man ability to accurately rate games by looking at the box art.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Every single game?

Never said that, your argument is a fallacy of hyperbolic discounting.

I just remember it used to the case even a few years ago that I could go to a game store and find a few titles that I was interested in. May just be a bad year. 2011 gave us Portal 2, Arkham City, Human Revolution, Skyrim, and Dark Souls. So far this year, the only game that I was interested in enough to actually play was Mass Effect 3, which turned out to be a massive disappointment. Only other 2012 game I'm actually going to play is Dishonered.

Really, it isn't just pessimism. I'm fairly optimistic. The games industry is declining in quality, I'm lucky to be alive, and I'm in one of the best states in the country. For now its time to get into the outdoors and live a little bit.

Jesus Christables it's like talking to Jashin. Try actually reading what you said, then reading what I said, before you start beating off over how clever you think you are. You said that almost all games these days are crap, which was implying that 15 years ago every game was fucking amazing when THERE REALLY HAS BEEN NO CHANGE.

Also, you may be lucky to be alive after dodging so many imaginary bullets and living in a state with 4% minority population (I'm assuming that's why you say it's the best) but the rest of us would rather you find something else to do than post on TTLG.

Knows his stuff
    Jesus Christables dethtoll, is there a thread in Gen Gaming you don't feel the need to start a flamewar in? If you can't talk to the guy without peppering your post with insults, how about simply not posting?

Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    2011 gave us Portal 2, Arkham City, Human Revolution, Skyrim, and Dark Souls. [...] The games industry is declining in quality
    Declining? You mean since the good old glory days of... last year? Even if no great games come out this year at all I think it's a bit early to claim that the industry is in decline, considering 2011 was the best year for gaming in... possibly ever.

Cruel "Jashin" comment aside (that was mean of me I'm sorry) what part of my post was insulting?

El Shagmeister

The only thing that I can add to this thread is that the Arab/Muslim/Whatever crying woman pic was best used by dethy when he announced he was playing DE: HR. Classic.

Oh, and Okami kicks major ass. But you all knew that.

I'm actually only lukewarm on Okami. Great art design, real sense of style, but there was far too much padding; I remember many sequences that asked me to grind in an MMO fashion "go kill X demons," not to mention the fact that they make you repeat the same boss fight THREE TIMES over the curse of the game, and then lazily make you fight ALL THE BOSSES again before the end because why not?

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Oh, and Okami kicks major ass. But you all knew that.
    'sup?

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Cruel "Jashin" comment aside (that was mean of me I'm sorry) what part of my post was insulting?

Try actually reading what you said, then reading what I said, before you start beating off over how clever you think you are.
    This.

the rest of us would rather you find something else to do than post on TTLG.
    That.

Don't ask how it was insulting, just accept that some people can find it insulting, and let this thread move on.

El Shagmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    'sup?
    Hey, bebeh

Those were not insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    If there was a game that needed the HD treatment more than anything else, Okami was going to be it.
    You couldn't be more wrong, sir. But you can have Okami HD now if you want - grab ps2 emulator and boom, every ps2 game is in HD. Btw, Okami was the only ps2 game that ran well on emulator for me, all others had lag and texture glitches, but not that I tried many games on emulator before I got myself a ps2.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    grab ps2 emulator and boom, every ps2 game is in HD.
    Really? All the textures have been updated?